General Glazer Discussion | To receive the majority of £11m stakeholder dividend today

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They're rubbish owners in every way. Incompetent at running the club on top of being a financial hiderence.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Easily the worst owners, from a football perspective, in any of the top five leagues. I'm over it at this point, it's hard to care anymore - they don't give a f*ck.

Deery

Dreary
They’ve fecked the club in every way, shape and form. Any competent owners would have made United an even bigger more successful brand than it was, they’ve just run it into the ground and take, take, take..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Easily the worst owners, from a football perspective, in any of the top five leagues. I'm over it at this point, it's hard to care anymore - they don't give a f*ck.
You have to wonder if we can ever be properly successful under them. Their track record of running a big football club is absolutely pathetic. Have any owners gone from incompetent for this long only for the club to eventually see glory under their ownership?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You have to wonder if we can ever be properly successful under them. Their track record of running a big football club is absolutely pathetic. Have any owners gone from incompetent for this long only for the club to eventually see glory under their ownership?
The one thing I am most confident in with Man Utd is that the club will not be successful again under Glazer ownership. They'll continue to line their pockets until it gets to the point of diminishing returns before selling to a sheikh or Chinese billionaire.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
It’s just nice to see the good guys win for once.
aye. hopefully the club will make an announcement when the money hits their accounts. i’ll only be sat here worried otherwise.

laughtersassassin

Them taking dividends wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't paid off their personal debt two times over with another 400 mil to go.

Oh and that 400 mil could be 500mil in 10 years after we have paid off it again.

Never ending cycle.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Edwards family with... Manchester United.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The club financial position is not terrible but it's far from great either. This is the first time in a while I am firmly against them taking dividends.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Utter leeching cnuts. Can’t wait for them to feck off.

OpenIntrovert

The glazers' problems came from their underestimation of the footballing matters. They thought that Manchester United would still be able to compete for top honors due to the way SAF has managed previously, and as a result they only focused on improving the commercial side.

The dividends is not the problem, it is the financial mismanagement of transfers and contracts that is the biggest issue. This season they finally focused on the footballing portion, so let's see how it goes.

Gordon Godot

Will they ever ?
Fans could force them out. But there is no real collective will or unity. Chelsea sale showed money is out there. Unfortunately only continued on pitch failure could lower their valuation further and make a deal more likely. THey really have zero interest in the club or fans.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Will they ever ?
Well the obvious one is that they could, you know, die, with the hope that their successor isn’t a leeching parasitic prick.

I do think consistent fan pressure can make a mark though.

Maybe there’s some dirty linen hidden away of theirs that will come to public light and ruin their reputation to the point that they sell up.

Godfather

Who if not them deserves this. The state of OT and our training facilities are top drawer, our squad in the best shape it's ever been, our position as a football club growing ever stronger. 11 measly millions are not enough in my opinion to acknowledge their huge success the last couple of years.

Also good to see them not gettting distracted by our struggles on the transfer market. Those 11 millions are better spent than on some reinforcement for our already strong squad. Let them have it.

LoneStar

Not rich enough to own this club. Realistically it’s going to need someone rich enough to buy it, pay off debts, build stadium, training facilities for men’s and women’s team and build a elite squad.

not a easy task. If only Elon musk wanted to get into football...:mad:
There are only a handful of potential owners who could be worse than the Glazers, Elon is definitely one of them.

He would make United a bigger laughing stock (get it?) than it already is!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Finally splashing some cash this summer!

But in all seriousness, is there a major club with worse owners in world football right now? Perhaps Barcelona? At least they have the benefit of being in a relatively non-competitive league when it comes to top 4.

We are being run into the ground by the lecherous cnuts. It's fecking horrible to see.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Finally splashing some cash this summer!

But in all seriousness, is there a major club with worse owners in world football right now? Perhaps Barcelona? At least they have the benefit of being in a relatively non-competitive league when it comes to top 4.

We are being run into the ground by the lecherous cnuts. It's fecking horrible to see.
Barcelona have a great ownership model because the fans vote people in. It becomes political like any election and the reason they're in the shit now is because they had a fraud like Boris Johnson in charge.

HookedOnAPhelan

The money is one thing, but the Glazers taking £11m in dividends after the clusterfeck of a season we’ve just had just shows (if there was still any doubt) that they don’t give a flying feck about how they’re perceived by the fans. If they did they would’ve stopped the dividend payouts until the club was back on track.

The Irish Connection

Keep up the protests.

I want to go to old trafford before Christmas but really having second thoughts about giving these parasites money.

Hughes35

There are only a handful of potential owners who could be worse than the Glazers, Elon is definitely one of them.

He would make United a bigger laughing stock (get it?) than it already is!
Jeff Bezos Utd CEO has a nice ring to it..... Loads of paper articles about how he always delivers etc...... Massive Amazon shirt sponsor deal.

Come on Jeff, make it happen !

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
How much have they taken from the club in comparison to other non-oil owners like Pool’s or Arsenals owners? Just curious. I mean, I don’t actually think I’d have a problem with it if they weren’t literally rewarding themselves for doing an absolutely appalling job. But you can’t help but laugh/cry at the timing of it all.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How much have they taken from the club in comparison to other non-oil owners like Pool’s or Arsenals owners? Just curious. I mean, I don’t actually think I’d have a problem with it if they weren’t literally rewarding themselves for doing an absolutely appalling job. But you can’t help but laugh/cry at the timing of it all.
The Glazer family is the only owners in the Premier League that takes dividends regularly. The only other club to take dividends is West Brom in 2015/2016 to the tune of £27m.

Other than that? Only Manchester United.

Glazer Family investment into Manchester United? £0

The only thing they have done, is allow the club to spend its own money on buying players, camouflaged as them caring.

The Glazers have said the dividends are "fair".

Yet are the only owners, again, in the Premier League to take money from the club. Our owners are financial parasites.

Withnail

The club financial position is not terrible but it's far from great either. This is the first time in a while I am firmly against them taking dividends.
Are you mad? Why were you ever in favour of it? No other football club pay yearly dividends. It's just not done.

Cloud7

The Glazer family is the only owners in the Premier League that takes dividends regularly. The only other club to take dividends is West Brom in 2015/2016 to the tune of £27m.

The only thing they have done, is allow the club to spend its own money on buying players, camouflaged as them caring.

Yet are the only owners, again, in the Premier League to take money from the club. Our owners are financial parasites.
This is actually insane. I never knew this. Whenever the topic of dividends came up I was always under the assumption that all the owners except for City and Chelsea did it, but to now learn it’s only the Glazers. Wow.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

It's unbelievable that this has been allowed to happen, and isn't spoken about more in the media.

I think it's because we have the perception of being an unsinkable ship due to our outreach, heritage and commercial-ability. But all of these are being chipped away at, and as clubs close the gap by getting more and more committed owners and the league improves, I honestly think top 4 challenges could be a thing of the past in another decade's time.

They need to be driven out by any means necessary. They simply do not care about footballing success.

Teja

Why would you be okay with the owners taking dividends ever? This is not Tesco - football clubs are just not profitable. People don't get into football so they can leech off of dividends.

At best if they believe they can run the club well, they do that and sell the club for a profit but even that's a reasonable stretch.

Clubs are just marketing vehicles / bragging rights for super rich people.

The Glazer style takeover (saddling the club with debt, using the club's revenues as collateral to borrow money and pay themselves dividends) is ridiculous. The PL should force them to sell.