g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gerard Deulofeu watch

RooneyLegend

Looks to be coming good, he's always had obvious talent but he's the sort of player that needed to mature. Very mature performance in every respect.

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
I thought he was quite good during his loan stinct. He wasn't that bad for a 20 year old at the time either.

Was decent for half the 1st spell then got dropped for Aaron Lennon. Second spell ended when we loaned him out which suggests in itself he wasn't very good. Seville weren't overly impressed with him either

He's obviously extremely talented. Not fit enough though. Unwilling to defend. Also a bit of a circus act

He butchered so many openings and chances. Had no composure which is odd for someone of his talent and football education

He really was shit for us. Plenty will tell you otherwise that he didn't get enough chances or we don't appreciate flair players but he put in some horrendous performances and I think towards the end we couldn't be sure he'd contribute anything

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Was decent for half the 1st spell then got dropped for Aaron Lennon. Second spell ended when we loaned him out which suggests in itself he wasn't very good. Seville weren't overly impressed with him either

He's obviously extremely talented. Not fit enough though. Unwilling to defend. Also a bit of a circus act

He butchered so many openings and chances. Had no composure which is odd for someone of his talent and football education

He really was shit for us. Plenty will tell you otherwise that he didn't get enough chances or we don't appreciate flair players but he put in some horrendous performances and I think towards the end we couldn't be sure he'd contribute anything
Well I wont argue with that seeing as you watch Everton more than I do.
At least we are in agreement that the talent is there.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He is fast and capable of good things but he is inconsistent and remarkably stupid. People on here love that type of player though so he's always earned praise on here. But then there are people on here who wanted us to sign Adama Traore.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Some people in here, they seem to know everything. Deulofeu is a class player. I have watched him with Everton numerous times. How can you say he was not good for them. He gave some fantastic performances, but you can only go so far when the rest of the team is below par. He won games for them. Disgraceful comments especially if you are an Everton fan.

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
Some people in here, they seem to know everything. Deulofeu is a class player. I have watched him with Everton numerous times. How can you say he was not good for them. He gave some fantastic performances, but you can only go so far when the rest of the team is below par. He won games for them. Disgraceful comments especially if you are an Everton fan.

Why would he end up on loan at Milan then. He also didn't score or make a goal for Everton for over a year. Like you say though some people seem to want to pretend to be an expert on everything

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Deulofeu was lazy and quite wasteful in his last spell at Everton. Fans were getting on his back quite often. Lukaku and Barkley didn't always do him favours though with their inconsistency and it was obvious Koeman preferred a more hard working type.

He's always had the ability but has still been disappointing on the whole. I don't think he's significantly improved since first arriving in England but he has time to do that now.

Aint gota Kalou

He's one of those players who does everything at high speed. Hard to play against when he's on song as he can run with the ball and has a good delivery but when he's not on it he makes rash decisions and runs into blind alleys.

Tarrou

He's great on his day, but doesn't seem to have enough of those days.

Loved the video of him off his nut though.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Why would he end up on loan at Milan then. He also didn't score or make a goal for Everton for over a year. Like you say though some people seem to want to pretend to be an expert on everything

Yes, and after Milan Barcelona decided to buy him back, even tho he was a shyte player.

He went to Milan probably because whoever was in charge did not play him. Maybe he was another genius manager, oh yeah, it was Martinez. There you go.

NW10

Supports
Arsenal
I think he's almost completely a counter attacking player and because of that he'll thrive at lower level teams where he gets the opportunity to do that often but in a better team the rest of his game gets tested and he isn't good enough. Maybe eventually he becomes a decent squad option for a top team off the bench to stretch teams. If you can isolate the full back against him he'll get some joy more often than not.

Nick7

It is absolutely amazing what one game people watch can do for a players stock.

drdoityourself

Had a fantastic half-a-season for Everton. Where he assisted Lukaku like clockwork.
He probably didn't do enough in training or defensively, because Koeman couldn't wait to bench him the second his form dropped.
I really think he could become a good PL player, if given the trust to make the RW position his own. If he's allowed to play through his dips, maybe he'd learn to awoid them more often than he has.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
He looks a cnut with that haircut, It's like a Cornish pasty on his head.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yes, and after Milan Barcelona decided to buy him back, even tho he was a shyte player.

He went to Milan probably because whoever was in charge did not play him. Maybe he was another genius manager, oh yeah, it was Martinez. There you go.
Martinez wasn't the manager. Some people in here don't seem to know anything.

lsd

The Oracle
Love how utd fans feel after watching him for one game they are better judges than Everton fans who watched him every week

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I always thought he was very decent at Everton when I watched him, obviously that's not more than 5 or so times a season mind.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

Fair enough

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton

Well firstly it wasn't Martinez. Secondly not being first choice is 1 thing not even wanting him in the rotation is something else. Are you really suggesting he played well and it was still decided he wasn't good enough to get any minutes at the mighty Everton? Oh and Barcelona bought him for 10m it hardly makes him great or a Barcelona quality player

Odd that Barcelona Everton Seville and Milan have all tried him and not wanted him while he's been very good. Very strange indeed

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
Having said that he really does have ability. You do wonder if spending his early years being told he was the new Messi has left him thinking he doesn't have to work hard or defend. Hope he does well at Watford and gets himself a decent move. I have my doubts he can do it consistently though

Twiggy

Having said that he really does have ability. You do wonder if spending his early years being told he was the new Messi has left him thinking he doesn't have to work hard or defend. Hope he does well at Watford and gets himself a decent move. I have my doubts he can do it consistently though
I remember articles last year in which he himself actually said kind of what you're saying, in that it definitely hindered him rather than helping him, hearing it all the time.

Here's one, unfortuntately it's The Mirror, but it's the first one I saw: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gerard-deulofeu-believes-lionel-messi-10107607

Reactions: Invictus

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On fire tonight. 3G and 1A. Amazing burst of pace for the second and a cheeky finish for the third.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was never really convinced of the hype when he was at Everton (far too hit and miss there) and mistake to go back to Barca as he pretty much lost year of his career just bench warming.

Really seems to have matured at Watford, pretty good move for him and helped by getting Gracia in as manager who seems to understand him more than other managers and is tailoring the team to benefit him.

Watford have got good chance of getting europa league, either through cup or finishing 7th. Hope they do it as 1) Wolves are having too much fun as it is and we'd never heard the end of it if they played in europe before we finally get our act together again :lol: and 2) with Deulofeu and Roberto Pererya they have creative element likes of Burnley lack so reckon they could have decent run in europa league.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Whenever I watch this guy, he plays amazingly well. One of those weird things.

the chameleon

If Sancho doesn't happen this year, I reckon he would a good second choice and a great squad option. Proven in English football. Better than going for the likes of Lozano or Bergwijn.

Mrdan1709

Really wouldnt mind him here....would be a similar signing to Shaquiri at Liverpool. Could either become a starter or provide good depth. Pretty shocked he was on the bench for Watford, hes their best player by far. The difference was night and day the moment he came on and the moment he went out injured.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hope he saved some goals for Arsenal next week.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If Sancho doesn't happen this year, I reckon he would a good second choice and a great squad option. Proven in English football. Better than going for the likes of Lozano or Bergwijn.
He's proven to be incredibly inconsistent, that's about it.

Talented guy for sure but he turns 26 next season. That's not old of course he's past the "young and learning" stage. Is he really what Man United need to get to where they want to be?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
A stunning player on his day. Doesn't have his day that often but can definitely do it at the highest level.
Would only be worth a punt if it was £20m or so and we couldn't find anyone better.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Finally seems to be maturing as a player.

I do think Watford is right level of club for him to develop. Would be a bad move for him to go back to Barca or somewhere and just be on the subs bench all the time.

Januazj actually reminds me a lot of him and seems to be having a similar career.

lsd

The Oracle

No chance he has been given shots at bigger clubs more than once and failed . This is the level that suits him and it's where he should stay