German Football 20/21

thepolice123

Bayern are relentless. They maintained the intensity throughout the match. They just look so much stronger and faster.

RashyForPM

I’m happy that the PL 3pm games recently have only involved the lower teams, and today’s 5:30pm one wasn’t a big 6 one too. Gives me the opportunity to just watch and marvel at Lewandowski’s finishing. Absolutely world class. To be on course for 40+ goals in a 34 game season is sensational. Best player in the world atm imo.

Shimo

Good, don't want Dortmund to make CL spot this season and hopefully we can get Sancho at a price we can live with.

Ludens the Red

This moron spackman on commentary’s “Lewandowski should have won the ballon d’or”.. there was none you daft cnut.

pablo__p

Seems Bayern and Citeh play in a different league this season. Would make for a great CL tie (2 games), not a one game tight butt final.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This moron spackman on commentary’s “Lewandowski should have won the ballon d’or”.. there was none you daft cnut.
Not exactly a contradiction to what he's said though, is it. It was a ridiculous decision to not award it that season.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Lewandowski now needs a measly, laughable one goal per game to break Müller's eons old goal record. It's very much on.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Great result, that.

Always nice to see the German Scousers back on their arses.
Are they the German scousers, I always thought a city from the east would be closer to scouserness.

How likely are you to have your tyres nicked in Dortmund?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Oops.

Terzic paying the price for not giving them a moment's rest, even in the games against Bielefeld and Schalke!?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Oops.

Terzic paying the price for not giving them a moment's rest, even in the games against Bielefeld and Schalke!?
He subbed Haaland yesterday against Bayern when it was still 2-2 to give him some rest. Something strange is going on.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He subbed Haaland yesterday against Bayern when it was still 2-2 to give him some rest. Something strange is going on.
It's not great mystery, the last time Haaland was subbed has been the first match of the year in Wolfsburg. He's been playing nonstop and with great intensity. He already looked pretty shot at the end of the match against Gladbach and given that he got a little injury against Bayern and the game against Sevilla is coming up it wasn't unreasonable to take him off. What's less understandable is that Terzic didn't take off his key players in the the two games that were decided relatively early.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Did you not see the cut on Haaland's right heel/ankle? There was a good amount of blood.

Update: Best image I could find. During the match they showed him on the sideline with a trainer applying pressure to gauze over the cut.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/bundesliga/2021/03/06/6043df0f268e3edf128b45ff.html
Terzic himself claimed after the game that the Haaland sub was not due to that injury, but that it was planned to take him off to give him a rest anyway.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Blackwidow

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Thank god it sounds like Boateng didn't injure himself worse. We need him. Especially now that Sülinho is set on lighting up the right flank with his stepovers, tricks and dribbles.

Blackwidow

Thank god it sounds like Boateng didn't injure himself worse. We need him. Especially now that Sülinho is set on lighting up the right flank with his stepovers, tricks and dribbles.
Whenever I think about "Sülinho" it reminds me on his penalties of this video...

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Whenever I think about "Sülinho" it reminds me on his penalties of this video...

The incredulous look on Lewa's face when he does the first one at 1:30 :lol:

After this season is over, if Lewandowski has bagged the historic record he's so much craving, we should make Süle our designated penalty taker - on the condition that he exclusively shoots each and every one of them with his left foot Rabona style.
That would be an awesome feat and feature of our team, and also send a strong signal against the growing trend towards cowardly, undignified, ungainly hopping.

I'd trust him to execute them successfully, too, no matter the pressure or occasion.

Last edited:

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Dortmund player certainly looked fouled that ultimately produced the third goal. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyhow.
I mean, if you watch the scene... even if you concede that it's a foul, it's almost a full minute of play before the goal drops, and Dortmund had quite a few touches and opportunities to defend and intercept. And that ridiculous block giving the ball to Goretzka... nah man, this argument is a joke. Dortmund earned that goal the hard way and no whining about that check is going to change that the goal was inevitable given the lackluster behaviour on the pitch.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I mean, if you watch the scene... even if you concede that it's a foul, it's almost a full minute of play before the goal drops, and Dortmund had quite a few touches and opportunities to defend and intercept. And that ridiculous block giving the ball to Goretzka... nah man, this argument is a joke. Dortmund earned that goal the hard way and no whining about that check is going to change that the goal was inevitable given the lackluster behaviour on the pitch.
Bayern fan, not surprised.

As I said, wouldn't have mattered anyhow.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Absolutely this. Can's touch puts the ball towards Sané, who has every right to go into a shoulder to shoulder challenge. And even after that, possession changes twice with four different BVB players having a touch. As you say, laughable argument to make from the BVB players, they're taking out their frustration on the referee when it clearly should be with themselves.

Blackwidow

Jogi Löw just announced that he will step down after the EUROs.

Who is next? Klopp?