German Football 20/21

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Flick opening with the Rose Gambit accepted?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I never thought people could get so worked up by someone using an official name.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
ok so Leipzig have signed Brian Brobbey, kid striker from Ajax.
Good for him. Guess he didn't see a clear path to a starting place with Ajax buying Haller, and Leipzig do need a goal-scoring striker, and they play and develop youth. I don't know about Brobbey's potential and what else Leipzig will be doing, but on paper, this is a sensible.
Oliver Bierhoff. There, I lifted his cover.
Much simpler. But so who is @do.omb then?

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
For the NT, I will duplicate the Bayern tactic as much as possible especially when we have 6-7 German starters and Bayern are one of the best teams currently, Just like Spain 2010 did with Barcelona

-Sule-Boateng-Hummels-Gosens
---Kimmich--Goretzka(Kroos)
------------Muller(Gundogan)
Sane---Harvetz---Gnabry(Werner)

First subs in Bracket

Another option might be to play Gnabry as False 9 to accommodate Werner

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Funke are now in on it as well. Claiming a group of influential businessmen has already worked out everything with him. They have a members meeting coming up this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if Tönnies is trying to come back on Rangnick's back.

Elsewhere Bochum against Hamburg will kick off in half an hour. The hosts - being 5 points clear of 3rd placed Hamburg - can put their hand on the door handle of the first division, whereas Hamburg - not having won in their last 5 matches - would be at serious risk of spending another season down south.

Last edited:

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
This is absolutely astonishing news and I'm very excited to say the least! Ralf Rangnick in such an influential position at Schalke is basically a dream coming true. I was always a great fan and since his departure after his depression/burnout/mental health problems I was always hoping for an opportunity to get him back. This is a very interesting move and in my opinion a clear message to the fans, the players, the club itself and to the upcoming rivals: Schalke has definitely enough ambition to go all out to win the second division next year and not stay there for longer than one season. I was very skeptical regarding the next season since the club is such an insane mess, but getting Rangnick - imo one of the best football experts and allaround football business knowledge experts in the world - is making me really confident that there is a strong possibility to be part of the 1st Bundesliga in 22/23 again.
Plain awesome!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This is absolutely astonishing news and I'm very excited to say the least! Ralf Rangnick in such an influential position at Schalke is basically a dream coming true. I was always a great fan and since his departure after his depression/burnout/mental health problems I was always hoping for an opportunity to get him back. This is a very interesting move and in my opinion a clear message to the fans, the players, the club itself and to the upcoming rivals: Schalke has definitely enough ambition to go all out to win the second division next year and not stay there for longer than one season. I was very skeptical regarding the next season since the club is such an insane mess, but getting Rangnick - imo one of the best football experts and allaround football business knowledge experts in the world - is making me really confident that there is a strong possibility to be part of the 1st Bundesliga in 22/23 again.
Plain awesome!
I mean Rangnick sure is the best man they could get for the job and an amazing catch for Schalke in their current situation. But I half expect him to be the door opener for Tönnies to finally buy in permanently. And with great hopes and great ambition also comes great pressure and great risk. It would be quite like Schalke to start a hype train (that is disconnected from the playing strength of their squad) based on hiring a board member only to wake up next spring, with one or two coaches sacked and Rangnick worn down by the club and the impatience that results from what you've just described and most of the money burned.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Schalke issued a statement that reports about a preliminary agreement with Rangnick are NOT TRUE X
However given that half of the board that issued the statement have their seats up for a vote soon it doesn't matter much what they think or say. The members would probably vote in a line up of Stalin, Hitler and Markus Merk, if that was what it takes to get Rangnick with a bunch of money.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Müller to Goretzka - 1:0

Goretzka almost returning the favour a minute later

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What a moment for Mustafi, first he earns himself the pre-assist by setting up the cross and then he scores the header himself.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
What a moment for Mustafi, first he earns himself the pre-assist by setting up the cross and then he scores the header himself.
:lol:
Still does my head in that he was part of a WC winning side.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
It's the official name. What kind of animal wouldn't use it?
Nobody. He's got a point, you must be indoctrinated by the DFB. Nobody uses that joke of a marketing name. :lol:

I never thought people could get so worked up by someone using an official name.
Just cos the DFB wants it to be the official name doesn't make it the name everyone accepts. It's like English football fans running around saying things like "Yo, have you seen The Team (c) play yesterday? I thought The Team (c) was really good." Makes you wonder if you should pay licensing fees just to use the name. It's also highly arrogant as it implies that it's the only team on the planet. There are other teams as well.

For the life of me I will never understand the obsession with that name. :D

Last edited:

Giggs' right foot

Schalke are so...
so
so
so
so
so
fecking bad...

Why is short-passing and passing out of defence such a popular approach among teams that can't hit a teammate five feet away?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Guys. I think Schalke might get relegated this year.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I usually don't like to talk about my emotions, especially when it's connected to admitting a sense of weakness and powerlessness, but it would really, really be,.. not good, if Flick were to leave us.

Giggs' right foot

I usually don't like to talk about my emotions, especially when it's connected to admitting a sense of weakness and powerlessness, but it would really, really be,.. not good, if Flick were to leave us.
What are you on about? Are there talks of him leaving?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski finally...

A certain vacancy has come up that does carry some attraction for German coaches
Actually, Rangnick aside (and even he appears to be working on a move elsewhere) he seems to be the only one who really wants it.

Why did Schalke have to win that one game...
Because they are so bad that they can't even succeed in catastrophic failure.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I'm not being polite... It does. It really does. He can give the NT a go in five or ten years. What he has now at Bayern is special, and he's too clever not to realize this, I feel.
From your lips to the ears of god, dear Sir.

The NT manager job is very, very prestigious in Germany, and there's been a lot of noise about it which has been wearing me thin, so thanks for these words like a warm cuddly blanket.