German Football 20/21

mancsarered

Dortmund making an absolute shambles out of this one... 3rd goal for Leipzig incoming.

Blackwidow

If it stays like this and Frankfurt wins against Mainz tomorrow it will be:
Leipzig 65
Wolfsburg 60
Frankfurt 59
Dortmund 56

Last two matches with this three teams:
Schalke - Frankfurt
Leipzig - Wolfsburg
Mainz - Dortmund

Dortmund - Leverkusen
Wolfsburg - Mainz
Frankfurt - Freiburg

Boavista

Very poor tackle by Hummels.

You don't get the feeling Dortmund are aware how important this match is. Lots of jogging around, not trying to be compact at the back, no real attempt to hang on to possession. They look fatigued.

Terzic's done a decent job, but this team needs a better coach

marktan

Class by Sancho but how shit is Upamecano? Zero positional awareness :houllier:
The defences in Bundesliga in general are pretty bad. If you watch a compilation of Sancho's goals this season so many of them are just such poor defending.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Very poor tackle by Hummels.

You don't get the feeling Dortmund are aware how important this match is. Lots of jogging around, not trying to be compact at the back, no real attempt to hang on to possession. They look fatigued.

Terzic's done a decent job, but this team needs a better coach
Have you been watching this from the start? The first 60 minutes were entirely different. They have been playing in three competitions, every match all or nothing, with little rotation. They are too tired to keep going nonstop, especially when they are up 2-0. Having Dahoud subbed off didn't help either and Haaland was missing as an outlet for counter attacks.

Last edited:

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
The defences in Bundesliga in general are pretty bad. If you watch a compilation of Sancho's goals this season so many of them are just such poor defending.
Compared to other leagues where obviously only bangers happen... :rolleyes:

Boavista

Have you been watching this from the start - the first 60 minutes were entirely different? They have been playing in three competitions, every match all or nothing, with little rotation. They are too tired to keep going nonstop, especially when they are up 2-0. Having Dahoud subbed off didn't help either and Haaland was missing as an outlet for counter attacks.
Yeah fair enough, that was a bit harsh, I only started watching at the end of the first half. It's not so much the effort itself, but the team shape and cohesion was all over the place in the second half.

marktan

Compared to other leagues where obviously only bangers happen... :rolleyes:
No, but the attackers don't get that much space in La Liga or the PL. It's a very weird Bundesliga trait - go and watch all of Sancho's goals this season for Dortmund, he wouldn't score half of those playing for United.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern with their 9th(?) consecutive league title.
Does anyone else care though?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah fair enough, that was a bit harsh, I only started watching at the end of the first half. It's not so much the effort itself, but the team shape and cohesion was all over the place in the second half.
Dortmund heavily rely on certain players to do certain things. Dahoud and Bellingham are the ones who beat the pressing, Haaland is the one who lends depth to their attacks. Against Can and Delaney it was relatively easy for Leipzig to press successfully and against Reus upfront instead of Haaland it was relatively easy to defend counter attacks or the space behind the back line in general.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
No, but the attackers don't get that much space in La Liga or the PL. It's a very weird Bundesliga trait - go and watch all of Sancho's goals this season for Dortmund, he wouldn't score half of those playing for United.
I mean United heavily relies on breaks/counter attacks and I see plenty such goals, let's be real here, this is just a selection bias.
Besides that Dortmund obviously prefers a style of football that will put players in such positions, it also wouldn't have happen as often with us (Bayern) due to teams being more defensive in general.

marktan

I mean United heavily relies on breaks/counter attacks and I see plenty such goals, let's be real here, this is just a selection bias.
Besides that Dortmund obviously prefers a style of football that will put players in such positions, it also wouldn't have happen as often with us (Bayern) due to teams being more defensive in general.
Not against the majority of teams in the PL we don't. Aside from City and Liverpool, most other teams sit back against us, which is why we drop more points to the lower teams than City as we struggle to break down defences. It's one thing that worries me about Sancho, when I watched him in the CL against compact defences he didn't really do much.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The bizarre public circus at the end to his time notwithstanding, we sure played some of the most beautiful football of our history under Flick. So good to watch.
What a team.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
They ruined the league, completely, so they could have the money, but I hope now they spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because they have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.
what in god's name is this post :lol:
"so they could have the money"?! :lol:

You hate is our pride :cool:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Not against the majority of teams in the PL we don't. Aside from City and Liverpool, most other teams sit back against us, which is why we drop more points to the lower teams than City as we struggle to break down defences. It's one thing that worries me about Sancho, when I watched him in the CL against compact defences he didn't really do much.
That's the case in every league. Dort, Bayern, Leipzig, Leverkusen, Gladbach all have their occasional 75+% possession matches.