German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Oh - and Union leads 2:0 against Leipzig... :D
Fun stat: Union has been the club with the biggest home field advantage ever since they got promoted, earning 81% more points at home than in away games. I believe it would probably be an even higher number if fans had been allowed for all games.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
16/17: -€40m
17/18: +€40m
18/19: +€14m
19/20: -€65m
20/21:+€45m

Who knows, maybe Leverkusen just coincindentally had a spare €65m in 19/20.
After generating €54m in the two previous years? Yes, absolutely.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Breaking news: vastly more expensive and better squad performs more consistenly.
Sorry this loss had nothing to do with quality but like so often with missing commitment, commitment and poor mentality.

Dortmund played poorly and was more than lucky to take the lead with the first shot on target with half time works whistle.

The highly acclaimed defense of Süle and Schlotterbeck were shocking. I have no high hopes if these two will be the CB pairing of the world cup.

Ace_Ventura

This Dortmund-Bremen match is classic example of why a lot of Bundesliga attackers don't do well in PL. The time and space afforded to them is ridiculous, keeping is absolutely crap.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Breaking news: vastly more expensive and better squad performs more consistenly.
I agree. Dortmund has always had a vastly more expensive and better squad than those freshly promoted teams. It should have won a lot more of these „easy points“.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I agree. Dortmund has always had a vastly more expensive and better squad than those freshly promoted teams. It should have won a lot more of these „easy points“.
Just did some research...top 4 clubs against newly promoted teams, 2017/18-2021/22:

Leipzig 60 points
Bayern 54 points
Leverkusen 49 points
Dortmund 42 points

So yeah, that's a bit embarassing.

Blackwidow

Sorry this loss had nothing to do with quality but like so often with missing commitment, commitment and poor mentality.

Dortmund played poorly and was more than lucky to take the lead with the first shot on target with half time works whistle.

The highly acclaimed defense of Süle and Schlotterbeck were shocking. I have no high hopes if these two will be the CB pairing of the world cup.
Seems that Bayern does not only weaken Dortmund by taking their players but by selling them players, too... :cool::D

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Shifting away the focus from Dortmund a bit: I think we can already conclude that Bremen is truely back in the first division - three games unbeaten, five points including a record breaking win now (no team scored three goals after the 88th minute in the Bundesliga before).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Do you not see how ironic it is to write all three in the same post? Brandt, Bynoe-Gittens, Modeste front three, none of these players should start for Dortmund. Neither should Can, Wolf or Guerreiro (defensively speaking).

Shifting away the focus from Dortmund a bit: I think we can already conclude that Bremen is truely back in the first division - three games unbeaten, five points including a record breaking win now (no team scored three goals after the 88th minute in the Bundesliga before).
I think they are "vibing" right now. Extra time heroics against Stuttgart and Dortmund got them four points they normally wouldn't have had - no matter how well they played before. That's not sustainable, though of course they already got a nice head start on points and momentum now.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think they are "vibing" right now. Extra time heroics against Stuttgart and Dortmund got them four points they normally wouldn't have had - no matter how well they played before. That's not sustainable, though of course they already got a nice head start on points and momentum now.
On one hand you are right, on the other they were extremely unlucky to be 2-0 behind. Bad luck isn't sustainable, extra time heroics aren't sustainable either, but in this game it directly evened out.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
On one hand you are right, on the other they were extremely unlucky to be 2-0 behind. Bad luck isn't sustainable, extra time heroics aren't sustainable either, but in this game it directly evened out.
In general that's a point I agree with, but I think for most newly promoted sides it's the default to put up a good fight, but come up short in key moments. Because it's not just all bad luck (or mentality ;)), but question of quality. Though of course conceding two longshots in one game was indeed bad luck, in this particular case.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
In general that's a point I agree with, but I think for most newly promoted sides it's the default to put up a good fight, but come up short in key moments.
That's kind of what I meant when I said they are truely back - they are already winning as many key moments as they are losing :)

Blackwidow

In general that's a point I agree with, but I think for most newly promoted sides it's the default to put up a good fight, but come up short in key moments. Because it's not just all bad luck (or mentality ;)), but question of quality. Though of course conceding two longshots in one game was indeed bad luck, in this particular case.
What was surprising for me is that they had a little more ball possession...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What was surprising for me is that they had a little more ball possession...
Why is it surprising - if you look past the club name and at the actual players: Wolf is not a good footballer, he can't deal with pressing, Can struggles too, upfront Modeste is not a striker, who supports the midfield and Brandt and Bynoe-Gittens ran a competition of who could produce more unneccessary turnovers. Dahoud was the key player that game, because he gave the team the ability to deal with Bremen's pressing - but he got injured after 20 minutes. With him possession was 70-30, without him 44-56.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Can't decide what's more absurd. That Barca is interested in Thomas fecking Meunier or that Dortmund refuses to sell him.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
He won a header just a bit ago, but didn't get enough power on it and easily collected by Neuer.

Blackwidow

What was the name of that polish player Bayern sold this season?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Will Bayern even lose a game this season. A ridiculous, stupid, one team league.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
"Deutscher Fußballmeister" ringing out over Ruhrstadion. I don't really see who is going to challenge this year. Dortmunds not mentally up for it again.

Bole Top

and we still had people wondering how the feck Lewa's goals in BL werent't enough to win that award over Messi. 20 titles for Bayern in row is my bet, easily.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
We all know Robert is probably already writing late night text messages to Müller after his second glass of Rioja.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Will Bayern even lose a game this season. A ridiculous, stupid, one team league.
50 + 1 needs to be ditched or (preferrably but improbable) a salary cap needs to come. In a best case scenario, a European wide.

This league is getting pointless. There's no way Bayern isn't winning the season.

RoyH1

Is Bayern this good or is the Bundesliga this weak at the moment? It’ll be real interesting to see Bayern in the CL against a feisty low block team from Spain or Italy

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is Bayern this good or is the Bundesliga this weak at the moment? It’ll be real interesting to see Bayern in the CL against a feisty low block team from Spain or Italy
Both to be honest. Dortmund, Leipzig and Neverkusen look like disjoint clubs and mental midgets. Those three clubs currently also have a shocking lineup of coaches.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
It's both. We lose against any spanish teams that isn't catalan these days, but I think we still have it in us to give a London club a spanking.