German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is Bayern this good or is the Bundesliga this weak at the moment? It’ll be real interesting to see Bayern in the CL against a feisty low block team from Spain or Italy
So Atletico Madrid or Juventus

Blackwidow

So does Leeds, to be fair
That Leeds with midfielders from Bundesliga and Austrian League?

Roca - did not play much for Bayern last season
Tyler Adams - did not play much for RB Leipzig last season
Brendon Aaronson - played for RB Salzburg last season

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

And coached by someone sacked not even halfway into the BL season.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

It seems they adjusted well to the weaker league.

Blackwidow

I like it that Marc Roca now has the chance to show himself and all physical work on his body he did the recent two years. It was not enough at first at Bayern - and then he was unlucky that there was some higher in the pecking order to really get the time he needed to establish himself.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So does Leeds, to be fair

Whoa! I pop in here to hide from the Chelsea threads and to catch up on all the weekend Bundesliga chat and you're here serving up bullets for me just in case?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Whoa! I pop in here to hide from the Chelsea threads and to catch up on all the weekend Bundesliga chat and you're here serving up bullets for me just in case?
Not our fault that your team lost against a bunch of Bundesliga failures :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looks like a pretty decent draw for the German teams in Europe:

Bayern have two freebies and Inter.
Leipzig got Real of course, but neither Celtic nor Shakhtar should be a threat to them.
Frankfurt got a very even looking group, which can be good or bad for them, depending on how well they adjust to playing in the CL for the first time.
Leverkusen hit the jackpot with Porto from pot 1, if they show mature performances and defensive strength they could even be able to challenge for first place.
Dortmund will be playing for second place, since City is just too consistent in group stages, Sevilla are a nasty opponent to play against, but compared to the alternatives, probably a relatively lucky draw as well. Terzic needs to find improvements somewhere though.

Freiburg and Berlin have dodged all the bigger names despite sitting in pot 3, so I guess you have to call that very fortunate, too.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Looks like a pretty decent draw for the German teams in Europe:

Bayern have two freebies and Inter.
Leipzig got Real of course, but neither Celtic nor Shakhtar should be a threat to them.
Frankfurt got a very even looking group, which can be good or bad for them, depending on how well they adjust to playing in the CL for the first time.
Leverkusen hit the jackpot with Porto from pot 1, if they show mature performances and defensive strength they could even be able to challenge for first place.
Dortmund will be playing for second place, since City is just too consistent in group stages, Sevilla are a nasty opponent to play against, but compared to the alternatives, probably a relatively lucky draw as well. Terzic needs to find improvements somewhere though.

Freiburg and Berlin have dodged all the bigger names despite sitting in pot 3, so I guess you have to call that very fortunate, too.
It is a really good draw for Dortmund being in pot 3. Let’s hope you guys will have a healthy squad.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
At least 3 of BVB, Leipzig, Eintracht and Leverkusen will manage to feck it up.

My money would be on neither RB, Bayer nor BVB making the knockout rounds.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It is a really good draw for Dortmund being in pot 3. Let’s hope you guys will have a healthy squad.
I mean pot 1 was 50/50 between (Ajax, Porto, Milan) and (Man City, Real, PSG) and I think in a group stage setting City are probably the toughest (as in most consistent) opponent out of that lineup, so it's not an insanely lucky draw. I'd much rather play in Leverkusen's group for example. But at least financially speaking Dortmund obviously still have to demand of themselves to finish ahead of Sevilla. It would be nice if they didn't have to try and meet that ambition with a front three of Brandt, Modeste, Bynoe-Gittens, playing the kind of football they have been playing thus far.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Freiburg v Bochum has been one of the most absurd games I've ever seen :lol:

I have absolutely no idea how there was only one goal.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Who could ever dream of stopping this Karlsruhe side on their rampage towards promotion?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Finally the first start for Özcan. I'm quite curious if he can fix Dortmund's midfield

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Finally the first start for Özcan. I'm quite curious if he can fix Dortmund's midfield
I think central midfield wasn't that bad as long as Dahoud was fit, the wings with Wolf, Brandt and Bynoe Gittens were the far bigger problem in possession, as was Modeste's tendency to need support rather than lending it. If Özcan can be a serious alternative to Dahoud that would still help a lot of course.

Big game in Mainz too. Could maybe even be the end of Seoane if it goes badly.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm beginning to think that loaning out Schwolow to Schalke was the shrewdest bit of business Hertha did this summer.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Mane with 4 or 5 goals disallowed so far. Inzaghi would be proud.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
Well...this performance is certainly an outlier. He's a very decent GK, although a bit short.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sommer has been amazing. Is he always this good?
He's hit and miss, often amazing, but also concedes the occasional soft goal. His mistakes don't seem to be pressure related though, which counts for something.