German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Essen is a tiny city that doesn't compare to Dortmund.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Oops you are right.

But as I spent quite some time in Essen I will now pretend I did it on purpose to support them :angel:
No worries, for the entirety of the last century you would have been right. Dortmund overtook Essen somewhat recently - at some point between 2000 and 2010. I actually read about this a while ago and did not look it up for a dick measuring contest on the caf, I swear :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Dortmund in full control and already 1-0 up... looks like this is going to be boring.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They simply did not have a plan for Malen, but then again, who does?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
They simply did not have a plan for Malen, but then again, who does?
I'm going to admit that I'm a bit confused by all the Malen comments. I suppose they're jokes? Cause Malen didn't achieve much last season, right? But was he that underwhelming?

As I said, I'm confused. :) (And I'm curious how Malen will do. I had hopes on him becoming a star forward for the Dutch national team.)

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm going to admit that I'm a bit confused by all the Malen comments. I suppose they're jokes? Cause Malen didn't achieve much last season, right? But was he that underwhelming?

As I said, I'm confused. :) (And I'm curious how Malen will do. I had hopes on him becoming a start forward for the Dutch national team.)
Dortmund pulled a United on Malen and that caused some ridicule, since he cost €30m. But he's consistently improved over the course o last season, so it's no surprise he's made an impact today (this season)-. People mocked him last season, so now it's en vogue to go the opposite way.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bela Rethy calling a 3-0 lead of BVB over a third division team "eine Klatsche". When will this nighmare end. When will this guy be finally moved on.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Dortmund pulled a United on Malen and that caused some ridicule, since he cost €30m. But he's consistently improved over the course o last season, so it's no surprise he's made an impact today (this season)-. People mocked him last season, so now it's en vogue to go the opposite way.
Right. So, erm... let's see how it goes this season, I guess. :D

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Bela Rethy calling a 3-0 lead of BVB over a third division team "eine Klatsche". When will this nighmare end. When will this guy be finally moved on.
Apparently he will finally stop torturing us at the end of the year. Of course that might mean more exposure for Claudia Neumann so I'm not sure if that's really an improvement.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Elversberg (3rd tier club) 2-1 up against Leverkusen. This looks interesting :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Elversberg.. what a team!

Wasn't that a foul from Hradecky? Looked like he just jumped into his opponent.. Anyway.. since Leverkusen managed to somehow restrict them to only three goals everything is still possible in the second half.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Elversberg.. what a team!

Wasn't that a foul from Hradecky? Looked like he just jumped into his opponent.. Anyway.. since Leverkusen managed to somehow restrict them to only three goals everything is still possible in the second half.
Andrich also had a pretty dangerous tackle that could've been a penalty. But we also missed two one on ones, so I'd say the result is deserved. Thing is, if you have 70% pass completion against a third league team, that's worrying

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
These results might be even bigger upsets than Karlsruhe winning yesterday.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leverkusen crashing out against a lower division team, is that even considered an upset at this point?
Well the upset is that Hradecky hasn't given away a goal yet.

Bellarabi got within inches of a miracle.

Blackwidow

Cologne and Hamburg will probably have to go into extra time, too. Against Regensburg (2nd league) and Bayreuth (3rd league?)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

tradition.

Well, technically the fans were probably quite excited.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

tradition.

Well, technically the fans were probably quite excited.
In his defense, he didn't specify which set of fans he meant. In a way, he delivered on his promise

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Leverkusen fecking up my bet :mad:

Anyway, it was a gorgeous day of April weather in the Hans-Walter-Wildstadion, and the sensation for the Altstadt was in the air for 80 minutes until the HSV managed to turn it around.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I hate it that Pavard is starting. Pavard is the personification of defensive weakness.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Apparently he will finally stop torturing us at the end of the year. Of course that might mean more exposure for Claudia Neumann so I'm not sure if that's really an improvement.
I should have been careful what to wish for.. today's co-commenter on Ran is Ralf Rangnick *blerch*

I seriously can't imagine a worse person to have to listen to.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Do we have some new offside rules or why was Nkunku offside after intercepting a pass from Gnabry? ^^

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do we have some new offside rules or why was Nkunku offside after intercepting a pass from Gnabry? ^^
I assume that either the Leipzig player was the last to make contact with the ball or they must have ruled the defender's contact as non deliberate, since he had no time at all to react . Or maybe it's just Zwayer on VAR duty. :angel:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I assume that either the Leipzig player was the last to make contact with the ball or they must have ruled the defender's contact as non deliberate, since he had no time at all to react . Or maybe it's just Zwayer on VAR duty. :angel: