German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

NoLogo

Very interesting, did a brilliant job for RB Salzburg.
Don't know much about him apart from the fact that RB Salzburg has uncovered a lot of talents over the last couple of years. Not sure how much of that is on him, but at least it feels like they have this time appointed someone with expertise and experience in the job, instead of Brazzo.

GuyfromAustria

Don't know much about him apart from the fact that RB Salzburg has uncovered a lot of talents over the last couple of years. Not sure how much of that is on him, but at least it feels like they have this time appointed someone with expertise and experience in the job, instead of Brazzo.
It's certainly a good look for the sporting director when the club made something like € 50-70m net profit on transfers every year for the last 6-7 years (which is ridiculous money in Austrian football), while building a new team every year, winning the league every year and doing alright in Europe. I'm really curious how he'll do at one of the biggest clubs in football, it's a whole new world there of course.

I also hope Salzburg will hire a clown now, so we'll have another champion some time soon for a change.

Red00012

Bayern playing a pre season friendly at the moment and leading 18-0 at half time

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

When he moved to Berlin everyone laughed about his ambition to play CL football in Olympiastadion, but he proved the doubters wrong.

Bayern playing a pre season friendly at the moment and leading 18-0 at half time
What a joke. Would of never happened in the prem.

Blackwidow

I know you are joking but for those who don't get it: Bayern is playing against an 8th division team.
And even then - first thing Mane did was causing an offside... :cool:

Bayern is using the training grounds and facilities of that club during their training camp. And this game was somehow a reward for that club who probably gets the small entrance fees, too. Just that Choupo-Moting had to go off the field after 10 minutes with a knee injury...

And Kim Min-Jae arrived, made a first fitness session in the fitness tent next to the trainings ground and then came out and gave his first autographs to fans.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
27-0 :lol:

That's gotta be one of the worst hammerings of all time.
I remember a lot of similar results. It happens when a first league club plays a village club, which is something a lot of BL clubs do as a "warmup" in their preseason.

Everybody scores and the fans are happy that they can get close to the stars, not like it would be in a big stadium.

CloneMC16

I remember a lot of similar results. It happens when a first league club plays a village club, which is something a lot of BL clubs do as a "warmup" in their preseason.

Everybody scores and the fans are happy that they can get close to the stars, not like it would be in a big stadium.
How does a game like this benefit Bayern in any way? I understand that certain fans maybe get a chance to see players they wouldn't normally get to see, but it seems like a waste of a preseason game for them. You can learn nothing from this.

Maybe it's only about the fans, though.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
How does a game like this benefit Bayern in any way? I understand that certain fans maybe get a chance to see players they wouldn't normally get to see, but it seems like a waste of a preseason game for them. You can learn nothing from this.

You probably shouldn't see it really as a match, more like a light training session that is open for visitors.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

It's good prep for the atmosphere of their Le..Heidenheim game.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You probably shouldn't see it really as a match, more like a light training session that is open for visitors.
There's also an element of tradition I think. There's still a lot of that in the Netherlands as well (pros playing amateurs in pre-season). Not the most glamorous example, but I think Willem II have been playing tiny RKDSV as one of their first pre-season opponents since forever.

Blackwidow

German media (some outlets) report that Sabitzer has agreed on a contract with Dortmund. Only an agreement between the clubs open.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
German media (some outlets) report that Sabitzer has agreed on a contract with Dortmund. Only an agreement between the clubs open.

Looks like they agreed on €15m + €4m possible bonuses - if these sources are to be believed.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Good money for a player that was not needed anymore. Glad that his wasted last year didn’t stop clubs going for him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
@do.ob
What do you think about that?
I don't really have an opinion one way or the other: Sabitzer is a decent, experienced, player and a 15+4 fee would be a reasonable price.

I think there is a broader point to be made that Dortmund need to act smarter than the competition on the market and signing Sabitzer/Nmecha is a rather unimaginative, the latter also being on the expensive side.
So if this doesn't work out there's some very obvious criticism to be made.

It also depends on what else happens. I think another DM is mandatory and I would have liked a deep-lying playmaker type, because Can is more of a destroyer and Nmecha (and now Sabitzer) don't strike me as players, who want dynamic situations.

Blackwidow

For me he is a good 8/10 with a high workrate - maybe not as fancy as Brandt, but a better worker.

Maybe not the material for the starting 11 of Bayern/Real/United... - but for the clubs behind.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Simon "2. Bundesliga Gerd Müller" Terodde is starting

Quedraogo turned 17 in May and (naturally) is getting quite some hype

The great Dutch hopes Ouwejan and Pherai will participate as well.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They are a bit nervous at the back, but it feels like Hamburg are actually the team that played in the first division last year. They should have been up by two, maybe three, already.

Blackwidow

They are a bit nervous at the back, but it feels like Hamburg are actually the team that played in the first division last year. They should have been up by two, maybe three, already.
...but are 1:2 behind...

Quedraogo turned 17 in May and (naturally) is getting quite some hype
After that match maybe justified - so we will see it after some matches or the whole season.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
After that match maybe justified - so we will see it after some matches or the whole season.
A goal is a great start for him persnally, but in general he wasn't particularly outstanding so far? Not that I expected him to be at that age..

The biggest mystery is how Hamburg are actually trailing. Such a good game from them, even defensively it's not that bad.

Blackwidow

A goal is a great start for him persnally, but in general he wasn't particularly outstanding so far? Not that I expected him to be at that age..

The biggest mystery is how Hamburg are actually trailing. Such a good game from them, even defensively it's not that bad.
They aren't trailing anymore. 2:2

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
What a first game.

Last minute winner from Glatzel?

Blackwidow

Yes, really gives you the hunger for a new season with competitive matches. Not this bullshit friendlies elsewhere.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Pretty much non-stop attacking, 5:3 final score and I believe 3 offside goals and the woodwork also barely saved Schalke 2 or 3 times. I wouldn't bet on seeing a "better" game this season.

Blackwidow

Pretty much non-stop attacking, 5:3 final score and I believe 3 offside goals and the woodwork also barely saved Schalke 2 or 3 times. I wouldn't bet on seeing a "better" game this season.
For sure better defenses - but the game itself with so many goals, so many chances, both teams leading and equalising etc. was something...

Great atmosphere, too, with a full? stadium with a lot travelling fans from Schalke. Both teams because of the stadiums and fan bases should be in the Bundesliga...

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Definitely an advantage for HSV to get to play both relegated teams at home right at the beginning of the season since they typically need time for their new squads to find their rhythm.