German football is turd

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That Wirtz kid is a gem. I don't know which of him or Musiala is better. That's how kid he is. What a return to football after that serious injury of his. Damn.

Some people on this forum were big advocates of his. Kudos to them.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
German football before Kane

Lucky for Kane that he arrived here long after Frosch played (actually he is already dead). After the first match against Frosch Kane would be swimming back home through the North Sea... provided he could still use all his limbs :lol: (Frosch was one of the toughest defenders in German football and legend has it that he is the reason why players get suspended after five yellow cards)

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
That Wirtz kid is a gem. I don't know which of him or Musiala is better. That's how kid he is. What a return to football after that serious injury of his. Damn.

Some people on this forum were big advocates of his. Kudos to them.
As much as I love Musiala, Wirtz is currently even better. He is more mature and consistent.

I feel like Wirtz plays the complete season between a 7/10 and 9/10 (with an occassional 10/10), whereas Musiala has maybe more 10/10s but also goes missing in some games.

But maybe this would look different if their coaches were switched.

But it doesnt matter which one is better because we have both for the german NT and hopefully for Bayern in 2025 :cool:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
It's easier to be in good form in May when you can rest one full month around mid-season unlike other leagues.

English Premier League team didn't enjoy any winter break sadly and you could easily see that in the past few european weeks.. It's clear 18-team leagues as Bundesliga and Ligue 1 look better than any other right now while Premier Leauge teams simply are gassed.

Don't want to be the harbinger of bad news but England is NOT favourte at EURO 2024. Germany and France are.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't want to be the harbinger of bad news but England is NOT favourte at EURO 2024. Germany and France are.
Its maybe stupid because the last two friendlies were the only really good games by our national team in the last few years but im starting to get really optimistic for the EC.

I hope Nagelsmann decides to drop Gündogan and field this team:

Füllkrug/Havertz
Musiala-Wirtz-Sané
Andrich-Kroos
Mittelstädt-Tah-Rüdiger-Kimmich
Neuer

I mean that's a team consisting of CL and EL semi finalists (and Havertz and Mittelstädt).
On paper that team should be capable to play a great EC.

Ludens the Red

It's easier to be in good form in May when you can rest one full month around mid-season unlike other leagues.

English Premier League team didn't enjoy any winter break sadly and you could easily see that in the past few european weeks.. It's clear 18-team leagues as Bundesliga and Ligue 1 look better than any other right now while Premier Leauge teams simply are gassed.

Actually they did. Two weeks off. They just broke down the games via weekends which might have made it seem like there wasn’t one but every PL club got the two weeks off. Last year 2/3 European trophies were won by PL clubs despite actually not having a winter break. This thing goes in cycles that’s all it is. Everyone gets carried away every season trying to explain things, whether it be proclaiming Pl clubs to be significantly inferior (which is nonsense) or when they don’t do well it’s something about too many games. But it’s literally just a cycle. And the PL isn’t vastly superior in quality to other leagues.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
But it doesnt matter which one is better because we have both for the german NT and hopefully for Bayern in 2025 :cool:
Would be a nightmare but thankfully, Hoeneß right now is doing his utmost to make Bayern as unattractive an option as possible ;)

JogaBonitoRooney

There's no very strong team in CL this season so I think it Bayer Leverkusen were in it they would win it.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
My desire for Reus to win a CL > My disdain for Sancho, so I hope Dortmund can go all the way
I won't mind seeing that happen if Bayern doesn't win
Thus Edin Terzic will become the GOAT manager who took an underdog to the CL title

lysglimt

Scout
Hamburger SV and FC St Pauli are playing tonight - local derby and St Pauli can win promotion. 30 players and coaches start fighting during the warm-up....now that is some serious rivalry. Move over Keane and Vieira :)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Which makes him the GOAT manager period

Wait... Would Terzic > Di Matteo in this case?
I think it would, considering that Terzic is in his first stint already won the cup and therefore has more succesful seasons than di Matteo.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen best team in history confirmed

Bwuk

If Leverkusen had been in the CL they’d of won it this year.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
What's going on with these losers managers linked to Bayern's job? And why is everything going on at Bayern lately in the media? Feels like a copy of Man United.

These things doesn't inspire much confidence to the players and fans at all. We definitely have a weak administration in charge. I finally noticed.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
What's going on with these losers managers linked to Bayern's job? And why is everything going on at Bayern lately in the media?
I’ve already turned the job down even though I did well in my championship manager 01/02 save.

ohhrooney

Can’t wait for Bayern to reach the final and I will be happy for either. On one side Kane will win his maiden trophy and on the other side Sancho and Sabitzer will win a champions league title.

That will be so ironical and a perfect morbid ending to the worst season ever at Old Trafford under its worst manager ever in my lifetime of watching United for the past 30 years.

Teja

It's upto the PL and FA to fix this. I think the incentives are there given the 5th CL spot dynamics. Everyone thought England was a shoe-in. Models were predicting a 99% chance of an English club getting that spot until it didn't. It's a good wake up call and with people like Klopp speaking up I think they might do something about it finally.

RoyH1

Farming is good and the harvest is plentiful. PL supremacists on social media in shambles

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich

Lame excuse. The missing winner break always comes up as an excuse, if English teams do badly in Europe.
In the years they do well, nobody brings this point up.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shout out to the best league in the world.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What's going on with these losers managers linked to Bayern's job? And why is everything going on at Bayern lately in the media? Feels like a copy of Man United.

These things doesn't inspire much confidence to the players and fans at all. We definitely have a weak administration in charge. I finally noticed.
How dare you call us a copy. We are the original "FC Hollywood"!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Its maybe stupid because the last two friendlies were the only really good games by our national team in the last few years but im starting to get really optimistic for the EC.

I hope Nagelsmann decides to drop Gündogan and field this team:

Füllkrug/Havertz
Musiala-Wirtz-Sané
Andrich-Kroos
Mittelstädt-Tah-Rüdiger-Kimmich
Neuer

I mean that's a team consisting of CL and EL semi finalists (and Havertz and Mittelstädt).
On paper that team should be capable to play a great EC.
Reckon Gundogan/Kroos will be used the way Madrid often use Kroos and Modric. None of the 3 are young enough to be playing every minute of a Euros run, but alternating the two Germans and see them both play 90 minutes across two matches as 60/30 30/60 minute splits as starter or substitute would really give them a constant controlling Force in the middle. Despite Gundogan not being a like for like swap in the way Modric is.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Reckon Gundogan/Kroos will be used the way Madrid often use Kroos and Modric. None of the 3 are young enough to be playing every minute of a Euros run, but alternating the two Germans and see them both play 90 minutes across two matches as 60/30 30/60 minute splits as starter or substitute would really give them a constant controlling Force in the middle. Despite Gundogan not being a like for like swap in the way Modric is.
Nagelsmann doesn't seem to view Gündogan as an option for the DM position but seems to intend to play with a "triple 10", with Gündogan, Wirtz, Musiala and Sane the probably choices for that. Kroos backup probably will be Pascal Groß or even Pavlovic if I look at what Nagelsmann said and how he fielded the team in those matches.