Get behind the manager and club

We've seen 20 years of SAF. There's a time and place for it. We had one day of celebrating after PL & European titles, then we're back at it the next day. Do you think you would catch them celebrating whilst 9th? I'm not miserable at all. I just refuse to delude myself with the current embarrassments.
The league position is irrelevant so early in the season. Most clubs are 2 wins or 2 defeats from either being near the top or near the bottom. It levels out a bit around January but as Fergie said, you look at the league table in March.

As for celebrating the Southampton win. It's the human emotion of sport. 2 nil down to win 3-2 is a great feeling. A quiet dressing room after that type of comeback would indicate a bigger problem. Also, the Southampton manager is just deflecting attention from his team's collapse.

Sweet Square

Am i supposed to just accept that?
You're posting on an internet forum not chaining yourself to Old Trafford.

They ended it because they got a top manager in Klopp who turned them into winners. We're the ones in control of our destiny. If we bring in a top manager tomorrow maybe we'll start to win things again too. But it's not going to happen by itself with the general mentality of the club.
Klopp first season with Pool he finished 6th and 4th

Also

To quote the famous British philosopher G.Barlow - ''Have a little patience''

El Zoido

We've seen 20 years of SAF. There's a time and place for it. We had one day of celebrating after PL & European titles, then we're back at it the next day. Do you think you would catch them celebrating whilst 9th? I'm not miserable at all. I just refuse to delude myself with the current embarrassments.
You’re basing all this garbage on comments from the manager of the team we just beat? It means literally nothing. I’ve seen this story a hundred times before after a team loses to a late goal, it’s practically a trope by this point. Are there videos of these celebrations? If not then it’s completely irrelevant.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The league position is irrelevant so early in the season. Most clubs are 2 wins or 2 defeats from either being near the top or near the bottom. It levels out a bit around January but as Fergie said, you look at the league table in March.

As for celebrating the Southampton win. It's the human emotion of sport. 2 nil down to win 3-2 is a great feeling. A quiet dressing room after that type of comeback would indicate a bigger problem. Also, the Southampton manager is just deflecting attention from his team's collapse.
I understand and do agree generally, yes there is an element of the Southampton manager deflecting too, but I can't help but think is this where our inconsistency issues come from? Are we content with having sporadic results? (see PSG wins last season/this season, Leipzig). Whilst not being interested in the less glamourous fixtures?

I understand coming back would be a great relief, but what are we winning in the grand scheme of things? It's just 3 points in November. I don't get the impression we have the hunger to win like a machine every week, which is what it takes to win titles after all.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We arent that same team anymore. Before Fergie we didn't win the title for 26 years. Our fans seem to think we have a divine right to win the league because that's all they have known in their lives up until recently.

L1nk

It honestly still shocks me that people think Ole is going to turn out to be Klopp or Ferguson, absolutely mind boggling what people have come to accept at this club just because the manager is an ex player. I'm behind the club, and so I want the club to try and get the best person for the job, and if they don't work out, try another person, and another person, thats what all the top clubs do these days, until they find the right one.

The problem for me is whilst this Ole tenure has been better in parts than some other managers post Ferguson, whats been consistent the entire time is just how its played out, we play well in a few games, very well infact, followed by some games of absolute dross, it comes to a "Ole needs to save his job moment" and then we somehow pull out a 4-0 win, and that cycle has continued constantly, his ingame management has not improved what so ever and is terrible, i think the game against PSG proved that, we still cannot do anything against teams with a low block, we'd be nowhere near qualifying for the CL group without penalties, there are alot of times where the players look like a unit and other times it's like they've never played on a pitch together before, this isn't a couple of months into his tenure, this is years now, and we're still seeing this kind of inconsistency?

You're not gonna sit there and tell me oh well look what Klopp did in his first 2 seasons just be patient and convince me Ole is the right man for the job just because he used to play for us, true there have been times i've been swept up in it, but when you really sit down and look at us and think about it, he really isn't the man for the job, would i want him to succeed? absolutely you're damn right I would, as i'm sure anybody who is Ole out will tell you the same. I don't care about winning trophies right now, nor do I think we have a divine right to win one, however what I want to see is true tangible progress on the pitch, as a footballing team, what I normally see however is the difference in a match when Bruno is having a really good game, or when Bruno is having a really poor game, other than that I don't think we have ever looked particularly good on a consistent scale.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The concept of "get behind your manager and Club" is so abstract. Does it mean literally / all the time/whatever happen, or with conditions/common sense/if-then clause?

It's like people saying "I love my Country". WTF does it mean? Love unconditionally, or when it is convenient for them?

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
The concept of "get behind your manager and Club" is so abstract. Does it mean literally / all the time/whatever happen, or with conditions/common sense/if-then clause?

It's like people saying "I love my Country". WTF does it mean? Love unconditionally, or when it is convenient for them?
You would think the club and those involved(players, staff etc) gets enough critical eyes on them from literally every single media outlet, other clubs fanbases and God knows who else, that our own freakin fan-base would stand behind the players and staff. But nope, our clubs worst haters are actually our own fans.

el3mel

You would think the club and those involved(players, staff etc) gets enough critical eyes on them from literally every single media outlet, other clubs fanbases and God knows who else, that our own freakin fan-base would stand behind the players and staff. But nope, our clubs worst haters are actually our own fans.
What are we supposed to do ? Enter every thread and post "Glory Glory Man United" ?

NFM

What are we supposed to do ? Enter every thread and post "Glory Glory Man United" ?
And what possible positive good does it do to do the opposite? It doesn't do the team, staff or club any good, and I would strongly suggest it doesn't do the person beoing so negative any good at all either. The way to get the best out of life is to try to get the maximum enjoyment out of things you are supposed to enjoy. If you turn those events into negatives, you are going to get very depressed and probably eventually ill.
Supporting 'your team' is not a bed of roses, because no team ever performs to expectations all the time. Oddly sometimes supporting a team that struggles is very positive, far more than one that 'expects' to win all the time.
Having had years and years of pretty poor performances, and then unbelievable success literally out of the blue, I would imagine the relative struggles of City are driving some of their fans to despair. Yet right now their team is incomparably good compared to years before the last decade, they should still be literally in 'blue heaven', but I am guessing a lot are not.
Its up to you, no-one else, certainly not a player or a staff member. Either enjoy the ride, or find something else more positive to do with your time.

el3mel

And what possible positive good does it do to do the opposite? It doesn't do the team, staff or club any good, and I would strongly suggest it doesn't do the person beoing so negative any good at all either. The way to get the best out of life is to try to get the maximum enjoyment out of things you are supposed to enjoy. If you turn those events into negatives, you are going to get very depressed and probably eventually ill.
Supporting 'your team' is not a bed of roses, because no team ever performs to expectations all the time. Oddly sometimes supporting a team that struggles is very positive, far more than one that 'expects' to win all the time.
Having had years and years of pretty poor performances, and then unbelievable success literally out of the blue, I would imagine the relative struggles of City are driving some of their fans to despair. Yet right now their team is incomparably good compared to years before the last decade, they should still be literally in 'blue heaven', but I am guessing a lot are not.
Its up to you, no-one else, certainly not a player or a staff member. Either enjoy the ride, or find something else more positive to do with your time.
Could have just said "yes, enter every thread and post glory glory Man united" instead of such long answe.

Greck

I think for the removal of confusion we need to get behind everyone, not just Ole but also Ed Woodward. He's our CEO and needs backing. At least till he's fired real reds need to support him. We can't be drawing arbitrary lines on who the club is and who isn't. You in?

meamth

Thing is, about these Ole outs if we win something, they will automatically say "Oh I was wrong then, glory glory Man United" without realizing that they are the biggest whiners and arseholes in the fanbase.

Always seems like they have Gandalf level wizadry, predicting if someone can achieve in life or not."Ole will never win" yeah, thank you,couch warming keyboard warrior.

Slosh McZit

My word we don't half have a bunch on moany self-entitled brats in our fanbase. 4 wins from 8 aren't amazing, but neither is it disastrous. We're 5pts behind Chelsea having played a game less than them and also above City.

We've lost 3 games. Okay not great but look at the context of them. 2 of the 3 defeats we've had you can easily put down to fitness. Palace (loss), Brighton (win) n Spurs (loss) were all far sharper than we were and it was clearly evident. We were fortunate to beat Brighton too of course. The PL did us no favours with the start to the season. Same applies to City. Only half of our squad even played a bleeding friendly ffs. How is that fair? I think Palace played 2 friendlies, 1 league game and 1 Carabao cup game before we played them. How is that fair in any world? We were massively up against it as I said we were going to be when I made the article about resting players in the Europa League in July. We'd already secured CL football at Leicester. We should have sent Bruno and a few other key players on their holidays and forgot all about the EL. Would have been nice to win but it wasn't a priority. You win the EL to get back in the CL not to parade down the streets.

And putting the schedule aside for a second....we've also had our captain arrested, players testing positive for Covid, Mason losing a close friend to suicide among other issues. And not only all that....Ed Woodward has once again messed up another window at the club. Seriously that guy has more lives than a cat. How on earth he still has his job is beyond me. People talk about Ole being out of his depth....Jesus christ. What does that make Woodward then? He's a disaster.

Has it been a great start? Not at all. But all things considered, it's been far from the disaster some fans are painting it to be. We're already among the chasing pack for top 4, and we've barely got going so far this season. The best is yet to come for us. Win the next 2, and we'll be right up there, and that's a lot earlier than we were up there last season.
Other than Bruno and VD Beek, none of our players can handle playing for a club the size of Man United.
As they lack character and courage, it is impossible for Ole to organize them into a well-oiled team, and the proof is in the pudding.
The players are paid a fortune to entertain the supporters, and when they don't perform - the supporters have a duty to criticize them.
Last season, Man United finished 33 points behind Liverpool, and this season, we have yet to see any urgency from the Board, Ole and the players, to ensure there will not be a repeat of that debacle.
Suit yourself, but expecting sympathy for overpaid and underperforming mediocrities, is not my style.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's because most fans care about their CLub? Leeds went from title challenging and CL seasons, to League One. I assume not many United fans care about their players, managers, and staff.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think for the removal of confusion we need to get behind everyone, not just Ole but also Ed Woodward. He's our CEO and needs backing. At least till he's fired real reds need to support him. We can't be drawing arbitrary lines on who the club is and who isn't. You in?
:D Exactly, man. We should still sing about the glory of Moyes and Ed. How about the owners? They're a massive MASSIVE part of the Club.

Dr. StrangeHate

We arent that same team anymore. Before Fergie we didn't win the title for 26 years. Our fans seem to think we have a divine right to win the league because that's all they have known in their lives up until recently.
I haven't read anywhere on the caf that we have a right to win trophies. What most people say is that with the amount of money we spend compared to others we should be doing better than we are.

wolvored

I think another way to look at it is to compare you to your neighbours. We have a neighbour who we have spent roughly the same amount of money on over the last 10 years yet have been left behind in almost every way possible. League position, trophies, quality of players, quality of managers overall. It's hard to watch when we are gradually becoming 2nd best in our own neighborhood from a power of immense strength only a decade ago. Yes we have false dawn's along the way, but if everyone blindly got behind the club without speaking out, then we are just accepting more and more years of mediocrity. I've said this a lot of times everyone wants ole and the players to succeed, but we shouldn't just get behind the team no matter what happens. Were Man Utd supposedly the biggest club in the country. Why should we settle for 2nd best?

Zen86

I haven't read anywhere on the caf that we have a right to win trophies. What most people say is that with the amount of money we spend compared to others we should be doing better than we are.
It’s widely accepted that we haven’t spent money very well for the last 7 years. We are spending it better now, however.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We came 3rd last season. We are 5pts off top spot right now with a game in hand. We are also joint top of the CL group.

How much better are you expecting?

vanrooney

it would be nice if people could get behind the manager at least for the season and not loose their nerves after one loss. its very depressing that people nowadays seem to have no patience. football goes in circles and if you develop a team it needs at least 2-3 years. of course social media and the negativity in the media doesnt help. after one win you are the hero, after one loss everything is shit. imo there is a positiv trend and the team looks better balanced than at any time post saf. so lets see how the season goes but get behind the manager at least until may.

Gabagoo

I actually like the manager more than the players. Our squad gets on my nerves, to be honest.
Them, and the absolute gorm that refused to hire a DOF or proper recruiter.

I still believe that getting behind a manager and getting behind the club are two different things, but I think I have more time for Solksjaer than I do for a lot of the players, some of whom I'm so bored with by now.

Dr. StrangeHate

We came 3rd last season. We are 5pts off top spot right now with a game in hand. We are also joint top of the CL group.

How much better are you expecting?
Better than 33 points from top. Better than being thrashed in semifinals. We have been ok this season points wise, just annoyingly inconsistent. The Leipzig match can easily turn the season into a disaster though.

Ole does enough to survive. I just feel that is all he is capable of.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Better than 33 points from top. Better than being thrashed in semifinals. We have been ok this season points wise, just annoyingly inconsistent. The Leipzig match can easily turn the season into a disaster though.

Ole does enough to survive. I just feel that is all he is capable of.
Who do you want to replace him?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Those 2 don’t go together. Our rivals are getting behind our manager. To get behind the club we can’t be behind this manager.

Ask any fan of our top 6 rivals if they want Ole to stay see what they say to you. Because I already know.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Those 2 don’t go together. Our rivals are getting behind our manager. To get behind the club we can’t be behind this manager.
Our manager has got 1 less point than Klopp and more than Pep since Bruno's debut.

You moaning lot will be chasing the next guy out as soon as he has a bad spell.

Ludens the Red

Our manager has got 1 less point than Klopp and more than Pep since Bruno's debut.

Genuine question , and answer it honestly without side stepping or whatabouttery. Do you believe under Ole that we will ever compete for major trophies ? Do you think he is capable of leading a team to a league title or European Cup?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

I don’t care. He’s been here for 2 years & he’s still looking out of his depth. He’s not learning, makes the same mistakes over & over. He’s defensive too, the football is boring.

Let me ask you a question. Which manager presided over our lowest ever PL points tally? With arguably our strongest side since Fergie...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don’t care. He’s been here for 2 years & he’s still looking out of his depth. He’s not learning, makes the same mistakes over & over. He’s defensive too, the football is boring.

Let me ask you a question. Which manager presided over our lowest ever PL points tally? With arguably our strongest side since Fergie...
He came 3rd in his only full season to date. We are currently 5pts off top spot with a game in hand and joint top of a very tough CL group.

Do you think rival fans would not wind you up if Poch has a bad spell? Of course they will. They love it when we don't do well.

Ole hasn't even been bad. Done a lot more good things than bad. You're just so impatient to be back on top and forget we aren't the only big boy anymore. Liverpool have come again and we have oil money in the league these days.

You are negative on every article I read. It's tiresome.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Genuine question , and answer it honestly without side stepping or whatabouttery. Do you believe under Ole that we will ever compete for major trophies ? Do you think he is capable of leading a team to a league title or European Cup?
Yeah I don't see why not. He nearly pulled off a miracle in his first half season. Came 3rd in his first full season. We aren't miles away right now in his 3rd season and we can only get better.

Had the club signed some of his targets in 2020 we might have had a real chance this year looking at Liverpool's injury jinx.
He wanted Haaland, Sancho n Grealish. What's wrong with that? All players most our fans would live here. Woodward delivered none. Woodward again gets away with it and just get rid of Ole? You lot don't learn.

Are Woodward n Poch the answer then? Is that dynamic duo to end our wait?

Ludens the Red

Yeah I don't see why not. He nearly pulled off a miracle in his first half season. Came 3rd in his first full season. We aren't miles away right now in his 3rd season and we can only get better.

Had the club signed some of his targets in 2020 we might have had a real chance this year looking at Liverpool's injury jinx.
He wanted Haaland, Sancho n Grealish. What's wrong with that? All players most our fans would live here. Woodward delivered none. Woodward again gets away with it and just get rid of Ole? You lot don't learn.

Okay, I mean I hugely disagree but I can see it from your viewpoint now. If that’s your belief then it makes sense why you take the stance you take.

What I would say is this isn’t football manager. You can’t just have targets like Grealish Sancho and Haaland and expect to sign them all. They’d have cost in excess of 200 mil. Our activity was disappointing but considering Ole spent 148 million on Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James, I’m not sure I’d be totally confident with him having free reign with transfers.

I’ll add our board have performed poorly but the idea that it’s solely down to them not spending is a nonsense. They’ve made mistakes with over spending and allowing managers too much freedom too.

alexthelion

Okay, I mean I hugely disagree but I can see it from your viewpoint now. If that’s your belief then it makes sense why you take the stance you take.

What I would say is this isn’t football manager. You can’t just have targets like Grealish Sancho and Haaland and expect to sign them all. They’d have cost in excess of 200 mil. Our activity was disappointing but considering Ole spent 148 million on Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James, I’m not sure I’d be totally confident with him having free reign with transfers.
What's wrong with those three?

Even one of those players you listed would have improved the team, but we got none of them.

Ludens the Red

What's wrong with those three?

Even one of those players you listed would have improved the team, but we got none of them.
Then maybe Ole and co need to widen their scope for identifying players. As if Jadon Sancho is the only right winger in the world.
Haaland we chose not to sign because he wanted a release clause, which whilst I understood at the time, looking back it was actually really stupid. Things can change, new contracts can be signed.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

You can see Ole is trying to change the recruitment as fast as possible but Ed and the board still haven't fully backed him and this is the second season he’s competing with an incomplete team and on course to keep us in the CL places. That’s all we can ask for until he has a complete team and it finally clicks. That’s why we are inconsistent. We don’t have any attack on the right side but people expect us to win every game? They expect us to win every game with Matic as our main DM or Martial or Pogba as our most important players? We’ve tried over and over. It doesn’t work. There’s no point ripping it all apart every second season when problem players are untouchable and the board play dumb. Jose tried the aggressive approach calling everyone out and it doesn’t work. We need slow steady progress while the club improves behind the scenes and I believe that’s what we are getting.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I do

lysglimt

Scout

Moyes without the doubt.

Are you seriously gonna try to tell us that the United-team that started 2019/20 season was the strongest side since Ferguson left ?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

He came 3rd in his only full season to date. We are currently 5pts off top spot with a game in hand and joint top of a very tough CL group.

Do you think rival fans would not wind you up if Poch has a bad spell? Of course they will. They love it when we don't do well.

Ole hasn't even been bad. Done a lot more good things than bad. You're just so impatient to be back on top and forget we aren't the only big boy anymore. Liverpool have come again and we have oil money in the league these days.

You are negative on every article I read. It's tiresome.
Lowest points tally in the PL era.