Gianluigi Donnarumma

Jaybomb

This fella is the real deal. I think Juve will replace Buffon with him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This fella is the real deal. I think Juve will replace Buffon with him.
AC wouldn't let him go for the world, he's going to be a huge part of their resurgence. Insane how good he is, he's already a very good keeper if he lives up to his potential he could easily be the best keeper in the world.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Would love to see Milan come back to be a force!

Would love this guy to replace De Gea if he eventually moves to Madrid though.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Gigio is too big for Juve already: at archrivals Milan and with Raiola as his agent, they won't have a sniff at him. He is staying at Milan until he moves to Real for a world record breaking fee imho.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's amazing alright. But buffon was even better at his age

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep. His debut against milan was one of the single most inhuman performances by a goalkeeper, ever

NYAS

Buffon was definitely not better than Donnarumma at the latter's current age. But that doesn't mean much.

I'd like to see Donnarumma improve his distribution with his feet, and his kicking.

Minkaro

He's never 17. He's lied about his age, and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
AC wouldn't let him go for the world, he's going to be a huge part of their resurgence. Insane how good he is, he's already a very good keeper if he lives up to his potential he could easily be the best keeper in the world.
I'm not convinced. The one thing that sets the elite goalkeepers apart is excellent handling. There's no reason to assume he'll develop that.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Buffon was definitely not better than Donnarumma at the latter's current age. But that doesn't mean much.

I'd like to see Donnarumma improve his distribution with his feet, and his kicking.
Not to be super pedantic (though this probably is), but what's the difference between distribution with his feet and his kicking?

Righteous Steps

Not to be super pedantic (though this probably is), but what's the difference between distribution with his feet and his kicking?

I guess he means kicking, as in kicking far, and distribution which includes the shorter more difficult passes as well.

Gatti33

Partly the beard, but mostly because of the maturity of his play.
:lol: Very true! I'm in my my late 20s and the bum fluff I call a beard is embarrassing.

On a serious note, watching the game against juv yesterday and if I was going to be picky I would say his handling was a little poor, but he's only 17 so plenty of time to work on that.

NYAS

I guess he means kicking, as in kicking far, and distribution which includes the shorter more difficult passes as well.
That's what I'd assume as well. Though distribution with your feet should include both?
I wouldn't count things like goal-kicks and "anywhere will do long kicks while defending a late lead" as distribution.

Distribution to me is an intended pass to a very specific target on the pitch. Depending on where this target is, the distance, lift of the ball and power behind it is varied by the goal-keeper.

Hopeful 'West Brom' punts up the field don't count as distribution to me.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I bet he's Hot Stuff.

If he Works Hard For The Money, let's snap him up

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I wouldn't count things like goal-kicks and "anywhere will do long kicks while defending a late lead" as distribution.

Distribution to me is an intended pass to a very specific target on the pitch. Depending on where this target is, the distance, lift of the ball and power behind it is varied by the goal-keeper.

Hopeful 'West Brom' punts up the field don't count as distribution to me.
Aargh, thanks bud.

This keeper sure is a massive talent.

MounchesterUtd

He's young enough that we can keep DDG for 6-8 more years before replacing him with a well developed Donnarumma. Mino, take care of that kid :drool:

lsd

The Oracle
People were saying Casillas was going to be the greatest goalkeeper ever when he broke into Reals team as a teen as well

simmee

People were saying Casillas was going to be the greatest goalkeeper ever when he broke into Reals team as a teen as well
And he ended up having an embarrassing career.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well.. Not many goalkeepers can match his career.

Dion

Well if he's trying to distribute it with his feet without kicking it I can see why he's having problems. :lol:

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
AC wouldn't let him go for the world, he's going to be a huge part of their resurgence.
His contract expires in 2018, which is precisely the year when Buffon will probably retire. So technically it could happen and Milan could do nothing about it. Unfortunately, he seems to be quite in love with Milan and will probably extend his contract.

lysglimt

Scout
Was it the 510 matches for Real or 167 caps for Spain that convinced you that people got it wrong ?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Buffon's the only gk comparable to iker in terms of CV. Probably the two best gk of all time.

Donnarumma looks cut from the same cloth

lsd

The Oracle
And he ended up having an embarrassing career.

Nope but not the best goalkeeper ever which is the point ..anyone saying someone is the real deal when they are still a teenager is jumping the gun .

Let's see where he is in his mid 20s firs that's all as for posting cvs john o sheas CV is outstanding is he one of the best defenders in football history?

kidbob

Buffon's the only gk comparable to iker in terms of CV. Probably the two best gk of all time.

Donnarumma looks cut from the same cloth
On achievements maybe, but no way is Casillas a top 2 keeper of all time on talent and performances. Ability wise even De Gea already shades it over him because of his ability to deal with crosses.

Giggs has won a hell of a lot as a player but no way is he considered better than George Best. Had a much better career though.

Edit: forgot some words.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Nope but not the best goalkeeper ever which is the point ..anyone saying someone is the real deal when they are still a teenager is jumping the gun .

Let's see where he is in his mid 20s firs that's all as for posting cvs john o sheas CV is outstanding is he one of the best defenders in football history?
He will build up on his own experience playing for a contender in Italy, this is impressive the most: young goalies are generally loaned to lesser teams or warm the bench as a prospect for the n.1. If he doesn't feck his own career with a string of bad matches, he will always be the first choice at Milan.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

From what I remember, Iker divided opinions when young, half thought he was great yet the other half thought he was a lucky goalkeeper as most of his parried saves always seemed to go to one of his defenders. I haven't seen many say this guy is lucky.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If he doesn't feck his own career with a string of bad matches, he will always be the first choice at Milan.
Heh, it seems the gk for their U19 team might be even better than donnarumma