Gianluigi Donnarumma

Moiraine

He was born in 1999. I don't know but that just freaks me the feck out.
I know people from Pashtoon Origin (Northern Areas of Pakistan) that are fully grown at the age of 14-15. It is pretty normal there even in many areas of rural Punjab, boys become very strong in early teenage.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Heh, it seems the gk for their U19 team might be even better than donnarumma
I see, still pretty difficult to dislodge Gigio now he is on a run. Udinese had a couple of very well reputed young goalies in the recent past, Scuffet and Meret. The former even rejected a move to Atletico Madrid in order to finish high school, is now 20 and back as the reserve at Udinese. Meret is 19 and on loan at Spal in serie b

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

Zen

Isn't the current best Italian, well born after 1990, essentially since Seria A's been demoted to below the Bundesliga and merely on par with the French League pretty much.....playing outside of Italy?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Isn't the current best Italian, well born after 1990, essentially since Seria A's been demoted to below the Bundesliga and merely on par with the French League pretty much.....playing outside of Italy?
4 of the current Italy squad (of 28) play outside Italy and only 1 of that 4 is any good.

It happens but it's rare (which is why I said "rarely" and not "never").

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Buffon's the only gk comparable to iker in terms of CV. Probably the two best gk of all time.

Donnarumma looks cut from the same cloth
Club[edit]
Karlsruher SC II
Bayern Munich
Source:[2]

International[edit]
Source:[23]

Individual[edit]
Source:[98]

etc

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Heh, it seems the gk for their U19 team might be even better than donnarumma
That one?

Looks like yet another mutant teenager; 6'2" at 16 years old and the goal looks a bit small with him in it.

Zen

4 of the current Italy squad (of 28) play outside Italy and only 1 of that 4 is any good.

It happens but it's rare (which is why I said "rarely" and not "never").
But still, my point is correct. In fact their two best post-2006 players are playing abroad right now, ok ones in retirement home. But Verrati being at PSG could start pushing the next generation away from the league as he's flourishing while the league itself isn't going anywhere. But theres a clear gap between him and anyone else 25 and under right now as far as I'm aware, but when the talent pool does open up again, obviously them staying in Italy would be best for the league itself.

Suedesi

Milan are rubbish and the best Italians rarely move overseas.

Why do you think he doesn't like Juve? Moving from big club to big club never seems to be an issue in Italy.
Milan are going through a bad patch, but they're not rubbish historically speaking (7 CL and 18 titles), and with Chinese investors the tide may be changing.

He has made disparaging comments about Juve before - and I think Milan will resist selling their crown jewel to Juve.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Stupid way to try and control that kind of ball but the blame lays with Paletta there. Bloody ridiculous pass.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And there goes another one. What is he? 17? Shame it had to go this way.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
That's a normal back pass, not the best one but nothing that should get the keeper in big trouble.

ti vu

That's a normal back pass, not the best one but nothing that should get the keeper in big trouble.
Not normal back pass. Very stupid one. However very slow reaction from Luigi. Should have realized the pace of the ball and tried to block it than controlling it

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Idiotic backpass. First rule of backpasses: NEVER pass it towards the goal, always towards corner kick(outside the posts). Mistakes like that can and do happen to just about everyone, you have to take that into account. It was also far too fast, and high

Donut

Wasn't the best pass but the blame is mainly on the goalie here, can't understand how it's not.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Goalie's mistake is forgivable. Just a mistake. The very idea to make that pass like that was wrong. It's football abc...

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Idiotic backpass. First rule of backpasses: NEVER pass it towards the goal, always towards corner kick(outside the posts). Mistakes like that can and do happen to just about everyone, you have to take that into account. It was also far too fast, and high
Doesn't change the fact that he fecked up though. It was directly at him, it wasn't incredible fast and it was only a bit above the ground. He should have been able to control that. Sure, the back pass was not perfect, but it was under pressure. It's not about conceding the goal, it's about failing to control the ball. If the back pass wasn't targeted at the goal and he hadn't been able to control it, his mistake would still have been a mistake. Of course it can happen to everyone, but mistakes happen to everyone.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It is quite a lofty backpass, to be fair. I'd delegate blame equally.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Doesn't change the fact that he fecked up though. It was directly at him, it wasn't incredible fast and it was only a bit above the ground. He should have been able to control that. Sure, the back pass was not perfect, but it was under pressure. It's not about conceding the goal, it's about failing to control the ball. If the back pass wasn't targeted at the goal and he hadn't been able to control it, his mistake would still have been a mistake. Of course it can happen to everyone, but mistakes happen to everyone.
Nobody's not blaming him. He's at fault. Paletta's mistake is just worse

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Not saying the pass was good but it was a difficult situation. If he'd directed it more towards the corner or made it slower, it could've been intercepted.