Gif Request Thread

Sylar

That's not how I ever saw football being played. If a centre-half is marking someone when a high ball comes into the box then that players remains his responsibility until the ball is cleared.

The positioning of both of them is terrible, though. Far too close to each other. A recurring theme this season. Nobody talking and organising the back four.
We wont agree. But the ball is on the edge of the box when the header happens, Evans does nothing throughout the whole thing thats what id say. He doesnt really stay with his man, he goes towards the ball, then sees the man then leaves him and doesnt even stay with his.
I do agree on the recurring theme lol. Lets be honest, this doesnt happen with Rio or Vidic there. In fact, it probably doesnt happen if Carrick is there. Regardless, its something we need to sort out in the summer big time no matter who stays / comes in.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We wont agree. But the ball is on the edge of the box when the header happens, Evans does nothing throughout the whole thing thats what id say. He doesnt really stay with his man, he goes towards the ball, then sees the man then leaves him and doesnt even stay with his.
I do agree on the recurring theme lol. Lets be honest, this doesnt happen with Rio or Vidic there. In fact, it probably doesnt happen if Carrick is there. Regardless, its something we need to sort out in the summer big time no matter who stays / comes in.
I was perturbed that both and Jones and Smalling were competing for a ball right on the edge of the box. If one had stayed back they might have intercepted the knockdown or stopped the shot. Surely only one should have been marking that player.

Sylar

I was perturbed that both and Jones and Smalling were competing for a ball right on the edge of the box. If one had stayed back they might have intercepted the knockdown or stopped the shot. Surely only one should have been marking that player.
Evans not Jones. Jones comes running in at the end and nearly takes out DDG lol. Fellaini and esp DDG only ones that looked like they knew what they were doing rofl.

I think it was all so we could have another great DDG moment haha

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Evans not Jones. Jones comes running in at the end and nearly takes out DDG lol. Fellaini and esp DDG only ones that looked like they knew what they were doing rofl.

I think it was all so we could have another great DDG moment haha
I have looked at it again, you are right it is Evans, then Jones comes charging in like a Sherman tank.:lol: Is Evans actually trying to defend?

bishblaize

Jeez, take your picks for wrongdoers in that clip tbh. I think Smalling should stay with his man personally, but as soon as Evans sees a guy run past him unmarked he should track him. In fact, they should both be chasing him and then arguing afterwards about whose man it was, not leaving it for each other.

Sylar

I honestly think its our own doing. We should have kept Jones/Smalling as CBs and put Evans LB. Hes played there before and did ok tbh. Jones didnt add anything as LB either, didnt understand that move at all. It caused more disruption. This needs to be corrected in the summer, all three (jones, smalling, evans) look good when lead by somebody else but dont seem leaders. Anyway, ive derailed this thread more than enough, lol :)

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
lol, this gif makes it looks like Mata wins the ball, cuts back and then gives it to Clichy, who then loses it to Mata, who owns clichy, then gives it back to another clichy.. etc
Haha, thought exactly the same.

RikRuud

I honestly think its our own doing. We should have kept Jones/Smalling as CBs and put Evans LB. Hes played there before and did ok tbh. Jones didnt add anything as LB either, didnt understand that move at all. It caused more disruption. This needs to be corrected in the summer, all three (jones, smalling, evans) look good when lead by somebody else but dont seem leaders. Anyway, ive derailed this thread more than enough, lol :)
I actually thought we had gone to a back 3. Smalling-evans-jones with young and Valencia as wingbacks? explains why we could not get out of our own half though

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
just realized this :lol:

must have been like "awww FFS guys!!! :o"
He doesn't seem like the guy who would swear or saying a swearing abbreviation.

Maybe he would but would say "Sorry, I didn't mean it. Hugs" straight after.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Anyone got one of Zaha celebrating the penalty win?

Raptori

Special needs
Slow-mo close-up replay of Jones falling over and heading the ball back at Giroud, roughly 20 minutes in, please! :D

@GifLord

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
:lol: His face throughout that whole gif!

Red Comet

Anyone got the Herrera going past several Arsenal players' challenge and put in an attempted through ball to Falcao?