Gif Request Thread

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: Would be even funnier if they came down from above.

Anyone got a gif of the Van Persie tackle?
Lol I was half asleep and it took me a good 50 minutes to even get that far. I'll work on it today if I have time. Don't really understand how the animating part in photoshop works. All I did is copy and paste that over the last 14 frames so it stayed there... :lol::lol::lol:

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
:lol: Nice work.

Suarez going down holding his head after Ferdinand puts his arm into his back at 40:25 anyone?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: Feeks I actually thought Rio connected with his elbow albeit fairly soft. Wouldn't mind seeing that one.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Isn't that by letter of the law a foul on Ferdinand as he's backing into him? :wenger:

Couldn't understand that one either. A few theatrical rubs of the head afterward even though he doesn't even touch his head.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Almost two footed there, goes in with one initially and the second foot comes through albeit not making contact, foot off the ground there. Seen red cards given for that before...
Oh come on, he can't take it off for a second and literally just use one foot. The second foot was bent at a 90 degree angle for feck sake. Not even a free kick, never mind a yellow or red. Why are we even discussing it?

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Not even a freekick? I sometimes wonder if the gifs I see on my screen differ to other forum members. He didn't even win the ball, as soon as he got up he apologised to the ref as he let play go on.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Ok fine, maybe it was a free kick but he did get the ball.
Same argument could then be made for Shelvey. From the above gif all of RVPs weight is behind a tackle that he jumped in on. Dangerous play and a yellow for me.

alastair

ignorant
Not even a freekick? I sometimes wonder if the gifs I see on my screen differ to other forum members. He didn't even win the ball, as soon as he got up he apologised to the ref as he let play go on.
Some people are selectively blind. It happens on Arsenal forums too, to be fair. The ref got the RVP one right. A red would have been harsh - I don't know why I say that because it's not based on any intrinsic knowledge of how the rules are interpreted these days, but a yellow felt right.

John_Jensen

Almost two footed there, goes in with one initially and the second foot comes through albeit not making contact, foot off the ground there. Seen red cards given for that before...
Never a red card, barely a yellow.

Although i disagree with most on here on Evans challenge, very similar to one he got red carded for before.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What? :lol: The second foot has to come with the rest of the body at some point.

Gazza

Jesus, Jazz. It wasn't "almost" 2-footed and "almost 2-footed" is a fairly worthless statement anyway. Signed off with the equally worthless "Seen them given" as well.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It's one of those orange cards where in todays rules you could see why either a red or yellow would be acceptable. I think that Shelvey had a few let-offs up to that point though so Halsey, as experienced as he is, decided to lay down the law. Harsh, but justifiable.

The RvP one is not even a yellow.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't think you have. I mean, it's probably an intentional arbitary statement, but I'd bet that, in a top-level football game, you haven't seen red cards given for that type of challenge before... and if you have then I can't imagine it was one that the majority of people/pundits said wasn't a sending off.

Regardless, it's not a sending off. It's a one footed challenge that is slightly late for the ball, and it is not over the top/high either. The force of the challenge, plus the fact that he momentarily left the ground meant a yellow card was probably a fair call.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Jesus, Jazz. It wasn't "almost" 2-footed and "almost 2-footed" is a fairly worthless statement anyway. Signed off with the equally worthless "Seen them given" as well.
Thank you for your valuable input on this discussion, you've countered by worthless statement with a worthless post yourself....

I don't think you have. I mean, it's probably an intentional arbitary statement, but I'd bet that, in a top-level football game, you haven't seen red cards given for that type of challenge before... and if you have then I can't imagine it was one that the majority of people/pundits said wasn't a sending off.

Regardless, it's not a sending off. It's a one footed challenge that is slightly late for the ball, and it is not over the top/high either. The force of the challenge, plus the fact that he momentarily left the ground meant a yellow card was probably a fair call.
At no point did I say it was a sending off and with all due respect who exactly are you to say "I don't think you have", making that assumption would mean you've seen every single football match I have and I somehow doubt that is the case.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
At no point did I say it was a sending off and with all due respect who exactly are you to say "I don't think you have", making that assumption would mean you've seen every single football match I have and I somehow doubt that is the case.
Well then why say it? If you don't think it warranted a red card, to put in the sentence "I've seen red cards given for that before" is very odd. Whether it was your intention or not, you were clearly implying that RVP could have seen red for that tackle, which is nonsense.

And" I don't think you have" mearly implies that I seriously doubt you've seen someone justifiably sent off (i.e the general consensus agreed with the decision) for a similar tackle in a top-flight game of football - because I doubt it has ever happened (which I indicated within my post)... so the point still stands.