Gio Reyna | Forest Loan Watch

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Dortmund’s front 3 at the end of the PSG game were all born in England.

Jadon Sancho - London
Erling Haaland - Leeds
Gio Reyna - Sunderland

Lynty

Forget Sancho. Can we just buy Dortmunds whole scouting department

izec

They bought him in 2019. Dortmund seem busy on the American youth market lately

He is better than Pulisic

DVG7

They bought him in 2019. Dortmund seem busy on the American youth market lately

He is better than Pulisic
how have you come to that conclusion out of interest?

DVG7

by watching him. He looks the bigger talent to me, more polished and better decision making
just seems like a hell of a claim for a 17 year old to be better than a guy who went for 50million, largely based off potential and ceiling

izec

just seems like a hell of a claim for a 17 year old to be better than a guy who went for 50million, largely based off potential and ceiling
I am comparing him more to Pulisic from years ago. Although he started well at Dortmund and then turned pretty average before his move to Chelsea.

Very impressed by him, specifically for a 17 year old.

mu4c_20le

Pulisic seems to have hit his ceiling

Tel074

by watching him. He looks the bigger talent to me, more polished and better decision making

He's played 5 times ? So I'm guessing you are doing a cafe classic and just making shit up haha

DVG7

I am comparing him more to Pulisic from years ago. Although he started well at Dortmund and then turned pretty average before his move to Chelsea.

Got ya. Will need to watch him more, does look very composed for his age.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Give time for opposition to settle to him and his playing style. Like you mentioned, Pulisic looked brilliant at the start of his Dortmund career as well but when he started to get more game time and the opposition understood his weaknesses, his impact wained.

marktan

Scored this cracker a couple of weeks back. His touch and control look very silky, good eye for a 17 year old. Heard he struggled in the next game a bit after that one, but to be expected from someone so young.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He was absolutely brilliant yesterday. I don't know how Dortmund finds these gems.

izec

He's played 5 times ? So I'm guessing you are doing a cafe classic and just making shit up haha
i am watching almost every game of them. And am regularly in the stadium as well. My older brother is a huge fan since the 90's and we live together, so i am watching quite a bit as a neutral.

Tel074

i am watching almost every game of them. And am regularly in the stadium as well. My older brother is a huge fan since the 90's and we live together, so i am watching quite a bit as a neutral.

That's fine but he has played a few games he might well become a great player but it's also possible he will end up playing in Amercia . He's 17 and for people on here to say he will be USA's greatest player is nuts

izec

That's fine but he has played a few games he might well become a great player but it's also possible he will end up playing in Amercia . He's 17 and for people on here to say he will be USA's greatest player is nuts
The poster is known for a bit of banter, so you shouldn't take everything at face value some say

Tel074

The poster is known for a bit of banter, so you shouldn't take everything at face value some say

So will I not take at face value you claiming he is better than Pulisic

Stadjer

Dutch commentator said his dad named him after his former teammate and former Dutch international Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I think the best player would be a child of Reyna and Pulisic. Reyna has brillant abilities, like passing and decision making, but he is very slow. Pulisic is fast, but he lacks decision making.
After an amazing start, Pulisic was stagnating though. He is still trying to play the big league opponents how he did in the lower leagues. Without adjusting his playstyle, he will fail (edit: "Fail" as in, he won't be a superstar). Reyna is like young Götze, slow, but amazing in every other aspect.

I am kinda excited about him though, his first games were amazing and way beyond average.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We will be linked with him for £100m within two years.
Would love to see an American outfield player here. He's only 17, so who knows what his game will be like in 2 years. That assist to Haaland in the first half today.:drool:

MalcolmTucker

Every time I watch him he is pretty ineffectual but he always does something that shows his quality on the ball. Remains to be seen if he'll be a Januzaj or not but he's at the best place to develop his game.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Dutch commentator said his dad named him after his former teammate and former Dutch international Giovanni van Bronckhorst.
Aye. Our central midfield trio at the time was Gio - Ferguson - Reyna. :drool: