Music Glastonbury 2019

Castia

The headlining acts are dreadful.

Kylie, Stormzy and Janet Jackson with Miley Cyrus there too?

It's shite this year. At least the weather is nice.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Glasto is something id never go to, mainly because of my IBS and my need for clean toilets :(

Having said that, the line up this year looks especially shit... Kylie, Miley Cyrus, Stormzy? Get the feck out of here.

Having said that, I'd love to see The Killers and Billie Eilish so I should probably shut my mouth :lol:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The headlining acts are dreadful.

Kylie, Stormzy and Janet Jackson with Miley Cyrus there too?

It's shite this year. At least the weather is nice.
We have so many really good British bands and singers, I cannot believe those are the best choice.

Nickosaur

The beautiful weather has made me proper jealous of some mates who are there right now. But then I see the line up and it's so meh.

Then again, watching music is only part of the whole experience.

Smores

Been plenty of good performances so far even if the headliners aren't as expected. Stormzy was actually better than i expected.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Been plenty of good performances so far even if the headliners aren't as expected. Stormzy was actually better than i expected.
Can't say the same thing about Janet Jackson.
Crappy voice and devoid of talent.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Janet Jackson is playing at Glastonbury. feck me.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
"DJ make me wet." - Janet Jackson, 53yrs old

Stookie

Nurse bell end
It’s changed since Emily Eavis started organising it. All sorts of shite headlining now. Stormzy? JayZ? Etc i used to go in the 90s and into the 2000s because it felt like it was a festival for music that wasn’t shite. It was something different. Now it’s just like every other festival. They’ve even got an inner circle in front of the stage for celebrities. That against the whole ethos of what it used to be about. Once they stopped the travellers going it really turned to shite to be honest. And I quite like the Killers but they’re really boring live and he really can’t sing live.

Last edited:

lewwoo

Live 15 miles down the road and havent bothered since the 90s. Once they stopped everyone climbing the fences it went to shit and very commercial. Full of middle class uni kids pretending to be hippies for a couple days.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Live 15 miles down the road and havent bothered since the 90s. Once they stopped everyone climbing the fences it went to shit and very commercial. Full of middle class uni kids pretending to be hippies for a couple days.
I have exactly the same opinion. The green fields was where I spent most of my time. I know it’s just completely sanitised now.

lewwoo

I have exactly the same opinion. The green fields was where I spent most of my time. I know it’s just completely sanitised now.
The music was always only a small part of Glastonbury festival. Always so much more going on. We used to get free tickets as family live in Pilton village so would go in on the wednesday and leave monday. Its a shame they went so commercial and Emily has changed the feel of it.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
The music was always only a small part of Glastonbury festival. Always so much more going on. We used to get free tickets as family live in Pilton village so would go in on the wednesday and leave monday. Its a shame they went so commercial and Emily has changed the feel of it.
I jumped the wall for the first few years but then I bought tickets when you could just go into our local Andy’s Records and buy one for about £70. Had some great times there. It was a little bit moody as well at times. Gangs of scousers would rob folk. One of our tents got slashed and knife and a torch shone in his face as they robbed him. Luckily he stashed all his gear and money actually under his tent.

buchansleftleg

I'd happily take a compact flame-thrower to all the flags on tent poles.

What a bunch of narcissistic selfish idiots spoiling the view of others.

Also most of the audience watching and Instagramming rather than dancing to Chemical Brothers awesome stage show!

starman

Stormzy and The Killers as headliners is pretty weak. Those slots should be reserved for artists with a large catalogue of quality songs.
Stormzy is bland and The Killers set mostly consists of songs from their 1st two albums and they would never have been considered as a headliner back then. No wonder why they are brings out other acts to fill it...

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He had more energy to his performance and his vocals were on point for a rapper. Killers vocals were a bit patchy and out of tune in some places but obviously they’re still legends and I love them regardless.. just not their best live performances IMO whereas Stormzy surprised me considering how small of a catalogue he had - he nailed it.

Shark

@NotShark
He had more energy to his performance and his vocals were on point for a rapper. Killers vocals were a bit patchy and out of tune in some places but obviously they’re still legends and I love them regardless.. just not their best live performances IMO whereas Stormzy surprised me considering how small of a catalogue he had - he nailed it.
Nah I disagree. Not everything has to be perfect with rock, that’s what makes it magical live, the rawness. The Killers are actual musicians with vast more talent.

Dan_F

It’s changed since Emily Eavis started organising it. All sorts of shite headlining now. Stormzy? JayZ? Etc i used to go in the 90s and into the 2000s because it felt like it was a festival for music that wasn’t shite. It was something different. Now it’s just like every other festival. They’ve even got an inner circle in front of the stage for celebrities. That against the whole ethos of what it used to be about. Once they stopped the travellers going it really turned to shite to be honest. And I quite like the Killers but they’re really boring live and he really can’t sing live.
Yeah Jay Z is so shit that 55 million people bought his albums. Never occurred to you that other people have a different taste in music?

Genuinely such a grim opinion. Look at me, my music taste is better, and all of this stuff is shit.

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah Jay Z is so shit that 55 million people bought his albums. Never occurred to you that other people have a different taste in music?

Genuinely such a grim opinion. Look at me, my music taste is better, and all of this stuff is shit.
To an extent this is true. There’s music that’s objectively terrible.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Jay Zee is shit

haram

Maybe you just don't like Rap/Hip Hop?

Dan_F

Whilst I agree the festival is better for variation, I really don't see how you can make his post about skin colour.
Of course I was being tongue in cheek, but hip hop is predominately black. There’s no need to pretend otherwise.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I love hip hop but for me it always feels like it’s missing something on the big stage, much more suited to a smaller venue.

Each to their own of course

Djemba-Djemba

Have Run the Jewels played Glastonbury on the pyramid stage?

One of the best gigs I've ever been to was them a few years ago.

I reckon they'd smash it.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
All the worst gigs I've been to have been rap gigs. Not because the music is shit (well, a lot of it is but I was willfully seeing these artists because I liked their music) but because the rappers have their entourage and 'hype men' who literally scream the last word of every sentence to the audience. Just in case we didn't hear it from the person who we've paid to see.

Classical Mechanic

Maybe you just don't like Rap/Hip Hop?
The change of Glastonbury isn’t really about hip hop, acts from this genre are in the minority at the festival still I think, relative to the genres prominence anyway. It has become a mainstream pop festival when it used to be more alternative. I think the big change started when they put the new fence up and you could no longer attend for free. A lot of the counter culture type freaks and weirdos were excluded and it gradually became more sanitised and mainstream. That said, 20 years ago, festival culture was more alternative anyway. When I first started attending festivals in the 1990s it was only people that were really into music and the alt scene that went to festivals. I think the V Festival really saw the commercial potential and opened it up to the mainstream.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Glastonbury sucks and has for years, it's just full of tarquins, and little trustafarian wankers.

Marcelinho87

Rap is best left in the studio, it doesn't come across very good live in my opinion and I love Hip Hop/Rap.