Music Glastonbury 2022

Zen

The thing is though, in Manchester we create new music all the time rather than just wallow in Beatles nostalgia.
Well people will still be celebrating for mostly a period of time that bands came from in 40 years too - there's no much to go crazy about since well Oasis.... but yeah, still the 15 years up to then are absolutely masterful compared to just sitting on the biggest band of all time as your only real legacy in music.

Gavinb33

That was bloody sensational to do that at 80 years old is incredible.

My Dad brought me up on McCartney from The Beatles to Wings to his solo stuff if he was still about he'd have been into the new stuff too, so I enjoyed all of it, good special guests too both have always talked up their love for The Beatles/McCartney

I enjoyed it all apart from the doorbell song

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I am impressed. 80 years old and rocking this good. Guys a songwriting genius. Great performance.

Favourite McCartney Song? Mine is Here There And Everywhere.
Mine is Yesterday

I actually have the first line of the song tattooed on inside of my upper arm, not due to any fanatical thing but because a friend of mine was such a fan and sadly passed away so was a tribute to him

I was desperate for him to sing it but alas not

Frank Grimes

Mine is Yesterday

I actually have the first line of the song tattooed on inside of my upper arm, not due to any fanatical thing but because a friend of mine was such a fan and sadly passed away so was a tribute to him

I was desperate for him to sing it but alas not
Great choice. Yesterday and Let It Be are probably up there with the most univerally known songs ever written.What a song.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Opened my eyes tonight. Never been interested when I've seen him before but he was superb tonight.

If he'd replaced the postcode lottery song with something else it would have been even better.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Nah he's pretty bad. To be expected but still...
He really was.
Hands up. I was never a fan of the Beatles. Massively over rated in my opinion.
And apart from song writing, thought Paul was the weakest.
His voice was and still is incredibly weak. Most of the sound here was from very good backing singers.

Ok. Lots like him.
But in terms of musical abilities, he is not one of the best.

Ibi Dreams

He really was.
Hands up. I was never a fan of the Beatles. Massively over rated in my opinion.
And apart from song writing, thought Paul was the weakest.
His voice was and still is incredibly weak. Most of the sound here was from very good backing singers.

Ok. Lots like him.
But in terms of musical abilities, he is not one of the best.
The Beatles weren't really about technical ability as much as songwriting and later experimentation. He was a pioneer in both aspects. I'd also say his singing and especially bass playing were good

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The Beatles weren't really about technical ability as much as songwriting and later experimentation. He was a pioneer in both aspects. I'd also say his singing and especially bass playing were good
Glad you liked it. Just not for me. Thought it was quite boring.

Ludens the Red

Watched a few live ones .

Aj Tracey - awesome, normally hate grime/rappers live cos they just shout over their track. But he not only brought a backing band who were awesome but he rapped all of his songs, word for word. He adapted to Glasto and was brilliant.

Burnaboy - I kinda wanted him to be shit cos he’s a knob in real life but really enjoyed his set. Again having the backing band makes a huge difference.

Noel - let’s face it, he’s not as good live as his bro. Just seems to be going through the motions. Kinda got bored during his set tbh.

Yungblud - Another awesome set, guys got so much energy and really knows how to control a crowd.

Paul Maccartney - I only watched about a quarter and I was bored shitless to be honest. But he’s 100, I didn’t expect him to smash it. His voice was one toned and low and he was barely moving but again hes 100 so expected. Supposedly it got amazing halfway through. Unfortunately I’ll never know because good ol people person Paul McCartney has blocked his highlights from being shown.

Megan the stallion - bit once dimensional with the music, rapping over her track too but she looks great.

Robert plant - never thought the day would come where I preferred a live grime act to the leader of Led fecking Zepellin but feck me he put on one hell of a-snooze fest.

Pickle85

Agree. His singing was brilliant imo which is why seeing him last night was, initially, a bit sad. 'Oh! Darling' is a great example of his vocal abilities. Once upon a time he was top class for me.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Watched a few live ones .

Aj Tracey - awesome, normally hate grime/rappers live cos they just shout over their track. But he not only brought a backing band who were awesome but he rapped all of his songs, word for word. He adapted to Glasto and was brilliant.

Burnaboy - I kinda wanted him to be shit cos he’s a knob in real life but really enjoyed his set. Again having the backing band makes a huge difference.

Noel - let’s face it, he’s not as good live as his bro. Just seems to be going through the motions. Kinda got bored during his set tbh.

Yungblud - Another awesome set, guys got so much energy and really knows how to control a crowd.

Paul Maccartney - I only watched about a quarter and I was bored shitless to be honest. But he’s 100, I didn’t expect him to smash it. His voice was one toned and low and he was barely moving but again hes 100 so expected. Supposedly it got amazing halfway through. Unfortunately I’ll never know because good ol people person Paul McCartney has blocked his highlights from being shown.

Megan the stallion - bit once dimensional with the music, rapping over her track too but she looks great.

Robert plant - never thought the day would come where I preferred a live grime act to the leader of Led fecking Zepellin but feck me he put on one hell of a-snooze fest.
Wasn't it just. :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Honestly it was painful. Him and Krauss didn’t seem to have much connection either.
Oh man, exactly my thoughts when I was watching it. Seemed like there was abit of tension between the both.

And why they were on the Pyramid stage I don't know. The music they played caters and works far more effectively in a smaller stage or venue.

The atmosphere all around looked dead.

Lebowski

Only watched up till midnight, had work at 5am , will watch the rest later, sounds like it is worth watching .
The second half is definitely worth watching.

It won't redefine music but it ended much better than the first half and almost reached the sort of indulgence and spectacle you'd expect from a main Glasto headliner.

Green_Red

I was right up the front for Haim, Gallagher and Macca. Get the impression that Noel almost resents having to play the Oasis hits. Macca could probably headline again tonight for another 3 hours and play a completely different set and still blow everyone away with hits.

Ludens the Red

Today doesn’t look as intriguing as yesterday.
Might watch Lorde for her classic ‘I am Lorde yayaya’. And Elbow for some classic Guy Garvey pointing.

Oh man, exactly my thoughts when I was watching it. Seemed like there was abit of tension between the both.

And why they were on the Pyramid stage I don't know. The music they played caters and works far more effectively in a smaller stage or venue.

The atmosphere all around looked dead.
Guess cos it’s Robert plant. English royalty kinda has to go on the pyramid stage..

I was right up the front for Haim, Gallagher and Macca. Get the impression that Noel almost resents having to play the Oasis hits. Macca could probably headline again tonight for another 3 hours and play a completely different set and still blow everyone away with hits.
Definitely , maybe…
Probably doesn’t help matters that his brother is producing far superior work on his own than he is on his own. Liam could play half his songs and people would know and sing along . Not the same for Noel.. that must sting a bit..