Music Glastonbury 2023

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's nothing glamorous :lol:

My first job, whilst I was training to do other things, I worked at his house building the storage in his garage for his paintings. He came and chatted with us, took drinks orders and came back in with teas and biscuits a couple of times.
Nice man. How big a garage is it that he can have paintings in it?

Woodzy

Music.

That's all really.
There aren’t many current acts out there that could give us something like this in 30 years time, it’s pretty special and sad that these sorts of acts are on the cusp of dying out.

Woodzy

Drummer looks like he’s about to take them all on a tour of the chocolate factory

Withnail

It's nothing glamorous :lol:

My first job, whilst I was training to do other things, I worked at his house building the storage in his garage for his paintings. He came and chatted with us, took drinks orders and came back in with teas and biscuits a couple of times.
That's still quite a cool story mate

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Fantastic Sunday evening that was!

Speakers up, me and the kids sweating in our boiling living room singing along to Elton! Brill fun.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
What a great weekend, been treated to some belting sets.

Glastonbury just hits different some how.

Volumiza

Defo going to try and get there again next year. Tried retiring from festivals a few times but watching this has pulled me back in.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Nice man. How big a garage is it that he can have paintings in it?
Huge. It was also some fancy rolling art storage. I remember the floor being black glittery resin stuff.

But then it is a fecking huge place. And, unlike most mansion/rich house work with construction, he had no problem with us using one of the toilets too. Of all the famous people I've since met, he was genuinely one of those that is just so normal.

Woodzy

Is there any that in 30 years time could belt out 2 hours of pure hits.
Would be hard to say. Someone like Taylor Swift maybe but I’d argue that she doesn’t connect with as many people as the greats like Elton.

Ultimately they don’t make music like they used to.

Volumiza

It does this every year to me!

Then again, I was standing up for ages watching Tenacious D the other night, and suffered the next few days for one gig. So I'm not so sure :lol:
Yeah but it’s glasto innit? Different air whisks around that place dude. Some of the very best moments in my life have been there and you just have to catch it right and it’s magic as we’ve seen tonight.

You can do it dude :)

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Really would like to go next year. Its been a while since i last did a weekend festival and never done Glastonbury. Looks fun.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
No question about it, QOTSA easily the best set as this year's Glastonbury. Absolutely fecking destroyed. Epic.