Glazer refuses to answer to fans discord

Scarecrow

Having a week off
In no way do I want to defend the guy, neither the ownership nor the lack of accountability.
But honestly, the right to ignore a British reporter pestering you with a mic and a camera in front of your house, is something I concede to every human being.
I agree. I’ve got sympathy for people facing that scummy tabloid trash behavior. I didn’t think Sky are that sort of a media but I guess anything goes when you’re trying to ride the wave of public opinion.

Some of the comments here are no better. I really don’t like the guy, to be honest. His vibe is kind of off putting and the lack of communication and engagement in the past 15 years makes me have no respect for him. That said, I still don’t like to be reading Twitter-level personal hate comments.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm surprised people are complaining about the media here. The fact he's made himself, as have the rest of the family, so inaccessible to everyone means these kinds of things will and should happen.

They don't seem to understand that part of the obligation of owning any huge 'business' for want of a better word is to be accountable, transparent and honest. Even more so when it's one of the biggest most historic football clubs in the world.

owlo

I agree. I’ve got sympathy for people facing that scummy tabloid trash behavior. I didn’t think Sky are that sort of a media but I guess anything goes when you’re trying to ride the wave of public opinion.

Some of the comments here are no better. I really don’t like the guy, to be honest. His vibe is kind of off putting and the lack of communication and engagement in the past 15 years makes me have no respect for him. That said, I still don’t like to be reading Twitter-level personal hate comments.
Indeed. Also doesn't take too much juxtapositioning to imagine somebody getting shot in these situations. (Imagine a white blonde woman was the target of such harrassment from a young black male.)

Agreed on the comments too; it's the sort of thing you'd expect from the daily mail comments section about immigrants or disabled people.

Withnail

If you put out a statement and talk about communicating and 'getting the trust back' (that's a laugh) but don't actually engage with the media or fans in any meaningful way after a protest like that then you're fair game for a door-stepping, if you ask me.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There's no such thing as a fixed value. The value of something is what a buyer is willing to pay for it. Since United's shares have been on the NYSE the market seems to have made a pretty conclusive view of what its worth. Albeit in a full float you would expect the share price to go up quite steeply, I am not sure they'd reach the level needed for a £4 billion valuation.

I struggle to see how you realise the value from the kind of things you're citing to support your valuation. Yes, United owns lots of stuff. However, how would a potential buyer realise value from that stuff? Is it really possible for a potential buyer to sell Old Trafford or Carrington? Hypothetically, yes. Any buyer is going to see the practical constraints in doing so though and price that into what they're willing to pay. 30 first teamers, again what's the value there and how do you realise it? I guess someone like Eric Bailly, having just signed a new deal, has a high book value. However, what's the realistic chance of realising that value? How many potential buyers are there who will give you max returns for an injury prone defender? We've been down this road before with Marcos Rojo. The quickest way to realise value from the first team would to get rid of your most saleable assets e.g. Bruno Fernandes. But that has a downside. In that getting rid of Bruno makes it less likely your team will win, therefore making it less likely sponsors will want to be associated with you at premium prices. You're still Man Utd, sponsors will still pay to be associated with you but if you're lacking your marquee names you put yourself on a downward trajectory for commercial revenue growth. At a cheaper price than £4 billion some investors will be okay with that but that's not what you're suggesting.

Ultimately we'll see if there is, as you said earlier, a 'mug' willing to pay £4 billion for United. However, I stick by what I said earlier: Anyone paying that must be either an idiot, a diehard red with money to burn or someone who has another agenda e.g. sportswashing.
Nothing wrong with what you said. I agree. But not at 2M. I know value is relative, but 2M for united is an absurd valuation it's way beyond realistic value.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
So now skysports are concerned about the unrest between us and the owners? Wow! To make the effort of hunting the guy in the states just to try and make a headline to themselves, such pathetic journalism. In no favor of the Glazers by any means but that was just pathetic, not giving a statement doesn't infer refusal or acceptance to issue an apology, then they go and make that headline, so poor really.

Fanta Stick

You have a rattail, don't you?

VivaRonaldo85

I am currently working in palm beach about 2 miles from where that sky news clip happened. It is fantasy land with billionaires showing off versus other billionaires. They don’t live in the real world and will be immune to these goings on back in Manchester. If you happen to live in Palm Beach, it means you own billion dollar businesses and any flak that comes along the way is quickly forgotten as you jump onto your $40 million super yacht for a day out in the keys...... sickening.

RedDevilRoshi

Genuinely not surprised that he kept his mouth shut and didn’t even say a word. It’s what we’ve been getting from that lot for over a past decade now.

Crustanoid

Further proof he doesn’t give a shit and is happy to take money out of the club whilst looking down on the fan base.

Good that he is being challenged face to face though

If we have fans who care nearby, they should be doing the same

The Firestarter

I just noticed a guy in this video standing with his hands folded daring the advancing police, and they put him straight on his arse.
5 seconds in look at the guy wearing a grey coat, black trousers, and a hat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bloody hilarious!
:lol::lol: Hadn’t noticed, brilliant
Am I the only one here not thinking this "hilarious" or "brilliant" ? He was not challenging the police in any way, they didn't have to floor him did they? The guy probably suffered some head trauma from this.

vidic blood & sand

Am I the only one here not thinking this "hilarious" or "brilliant" ? He was not challenging the police in any way, they didn't have to floor him did they? The guy probably suffered some head trauma from this.
They were telling the crowd to get back, and you can see that he was refusing and daring them to move him. They did :lol:
Sorry if you find it distressing.

The Firestarter

They were telling the crowd to get back, and you can see that he was refusing and daring them to move him. They did :lol:
He was standing still. Nothing warrants shoving him to the ground with force. I don't find it distressing , just disappointing that people find things like these funny.

owlo

He had every right to stand there, protest, and not expect police brutality in return. It's not distressing to me, but disgusting behaviour that should result in the officers dismissal.

vidic blood & sand

He had every right to stand there, protest, and not expect police brutality in return. It's not distressing to me, but disgusting behaviour that should result in the officers dismissal.
I think by that point the protest had boiled over. They were obviously provoked bigtime, and looking at the guy's attitude, he wasn't willing to comply.
You can see the context of it here. They were trying to get the crowd back, and most complied with it.

Anyway, last response on this, as it's getting away from the focus on Avram Glazer.

owlo

I think by that point the protest had boiled over. They were obviously provoked bigtime, and looking at the guy's attitude, he wasn't willing to comply.
You can see the context of it here. They were trying to get the crowd back, and most complied with it.

Anyway, last response on this, as it's getting away from the focus on Avram Glazer.
I mean fair enough; he wasn't exactly a threat though. Happy to leave it there and agree to disagree. (If you look at the elderly lady on the left, she was taunting them far more yet got left alone. There would have rightfully been an uproar had they given her the same treatment.)

Avram Glazer whipping out a pistol and threatening the reporter harrassing him would have been unsavory to me too.

United442b

The Glazers own the club by name but the banks own them and were likely promised a big return. I was thinking we could pressure them to sell cheap but forgot about the banks. So refusing to answer is natural as they'll try again or continue. Banks are more powerful then nations, especially ones divided. People are rightly attacking the owners for their role but not the banks who are in effect the silent partner. People need to wise up about money and how it's used to infiltrate/defile nation states and attack that aspect because people are fighting with a shadow. If the market crashed, it would be the banks who would control the club. The glazers are an empty vessel. Are we to believe they paid under say 1billion but wouldn't sell for 2 or 3 or 4 even? Why would you need that level of money on an investment...which you couldn't even afford in the first place?....so it seems to me the banks are getting away scott free. We will blame capitalism but that's a ruse. Its not a free market. That is why nation states, to represent the people.....as they have historically...have to control the money and keep it gold standard and then you don't have legalized theft from globalists who bought out the system. Even if the guy wrote a book full of apology, it,would mean nothing. Not a thing. They don't care. They never will. Folks need to wise up.
Brilliant post. Being in so much debt means the club is effectively owned by the banks not the Glazers.

I'm not a financial expert but there must be ways of pressuring them.

0le

All the money in the world and still looks like a haemorrhoid.

Glazers Out!

Spoiled, entitled rich snowflake, Avram Muffin Mullet Glazer. He's silent because he is shook. He's pissed off an entire nation, continent and soon to be world. He doesn't have his dad to bail him out this time.

Red_toad

Not sure we should be mocking his physical appearance in the current climate
No we shouldn't be, but it's allowed on the forum. Guy should be fronting up and doing a presser, it's really wrong that Ole needs to be the face of the club and answer for their dealings behind the scenes.

Sparky Rhiwabon

No we shouldn't be, but it's allowed on the forum. Guy should be fronting up and doing a presser, it's really wrong that Ole needs to be the face of the club and answer for their dealings behind the scenes.
Why even focus on this guy though? Does he have much to do with the club apart from inheriting some of the shares from his Dad? Isn’t Joel the main guy?

Red_toad

Why even focus on this guy though? Does he have much to do with the club apart from inheriting some of the shares from his Dad? Isn’t Joel the main guy?
He's one of the owners, who are hiding from the fans and ignoring various requests to open communication. Joel may well be the main guy, but they're both more accountable than Ole is, he's the one being asked questions he simply cannot answer on their behalf. I hope he gets several United fans following him round every time he leaves home, asking him when one of the family is going to speak to the fans. Treating people with contempt should be returned in a lawful way.