Glazer refuses to answer to fans discord

diarm

I agree. I’ve got sympathy for people facing that scummy tabloid trash behavior. I didn’t think Sky are that sort of a media but I guess anything goes when you’re trying to ride the wave of public opinion.
I can see you've never watched Kay Burley stick a microphone in the face of a distraught mother as she gleefully tells her their daughters body has been found in a ditch.

owlo

Not really no. Buying a house with a mortgage is basically just like hired purchase.
That's the point I'm making. It was a rhetorical question.
Of course you own it. Just as the Glazers own Man Utd.

it’s nothing like a hire purchase which is specifically *renting* goods for a period (with a purchase option)

ArjenIsM3

Just saw the video on the biggest news app/website of The Netherlands, Nu.nl. Currently it's the second item in the Sports section, with the news of Qatar calling the human rights criticism "inappropriate" being top.

Withnail

it’s nothing like a hire purchase which is specifically *renting* goods for a period (with a purchase option)
What you own for many years is a debt, not a house. You have to service that debt or you have no roof over your head.

stevoc

Well not really not until you pay off the mortgage you don't.

But let's not get into an off topic discussion.

Ananke

On the subject of whether the Glazer's "own" United, as a mortgage means you own a house. Technically yes and technically no. That house is not in it's entirety yours until you pay that debt/mortgage off.

What I would say if we're comparing this to having a house and owning it, is that you can't just do whatever you want with that house even when you "own it".

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I've always wondered what goes on in the mind of a bald fecker who opts for a ponytail.

Banana Republic

What you own for many years is a debt, not a house. You have to service that debt or you have no roof over your head.
Well not really not until you pay off the mortgage you don't.....
.....That house is not in it's entirety yours until you pay that debt/mortgage off.....
All wrong.
With a mortgage, you own the property, it is yours, not the lenders, but that property is held as collateral against the loan.
The fact that the house is collateral, doesn't affect your ownership, but under the agreement you sign, the lender has a legal charge on the property in the event of default, or other infringement of your mortgage terms.

To say you don't own the houser, or fully own the house, until you've paid off the mortgage is nonsense and quite different to the lender having the right to take possession of the property if you default or break the terms of the mortgage.
The other poster is right, nothing like hire purchase, which is effectively a rental agreement, which usual leads to a transfer of ownership once all payments have been completed.

As for the loans the Glazers took out to buy Utd.
They have paid off them off and refinanced on more than one occasion (different debt, but still debt).
The banks and other lenders don't own Utd and would only have taken ownership of the club if Utd had defaulted on the loans (note: Utd not the Glazers).

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He looked like a sexual predator who was being confronted over media revelations, not the owner of a multinational cultural institution who should be looking to go on a PR blitz and win over fans. The stonewalling made him look like a massive cnut. It wasn’t like she even asked rude questions and she addressed him very respectfully. Everything about that exchange completely undercut the meagre effort they made in their “apology” to fans.

He is a creepy, gross cnut.

I hope he gets bombarded with this shit in his home town. They rely on being far removed, bringing it to their doorstep is fantastic.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They don't give a damn and why should they. They did the same reaction in 2010 and they stayed at the club another 10 years. If Man United was top of the league and winning trophies this wouldn't happen. It's opportunistic. A big signing in the summer will a lot of the bandwagon jumpers away.

Like Micah Richards and Perry Groves said.. you got the Liverpool game postponed and now made it harder for Ole and the players to fit it all in as the calendar is too congested.. but what are the Manchester United fans next move!? Keep getting games cancelled!? Not playing a game of football!? Seriously..Manchester Police won't be so lax next time (they should've been more prepared) they'll have full riot gear on etc the lot. How far are Manchester United fans who want the glazier out prepared to go!? Or are they just tilting on the edges of giving up once they get a new shiny big sighing ala Ronaldo coming home.
Who do you support? Because we were winning trophies during the initial green & gold movement, so you’ve shown your hand that you’re not a United supporter, because if you were you would clearly remember a period where we reached 3 CL finals in 4 years. So who do you support?

Verminator

Who do you support? Because we were winning trophies during the initial green & gold movement, so you’ve shown your hand that you’re not a United supporter, because if you were you would clearly remember a period where we reached 3 CL finals in 4 years. So who do you support?
Careful!
You might get his 18th comment since the 4th of December, when he joined.

Slags off Rashford and Ronaldo, and only positive post is drooling over City.

stevoc

All wrong.
With a mortgage, you own the property, it is yours, not the lenders, but that property is held as collateral against the loan.
The fact that the house is collateral, doesn't affect your ownership, but under the agreement you sign, the lender has a legal charge on the property in the event of default, or other infringement of your mortgage terms.

To say you don't own the houser, or fully own the house, until you've paid off the mortgage is nonsense and quite different to the lender having the right to take possession of the property if you default or break the terms of the mortgage.
Mate its semantics but more importantly it's not a thread about the fecking minutia of home ownership so let it go.

Yeah with a mortgage you "own" your house even though you still haven't paid it off. But I know some people get their knickers in a twist about that subject.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They don't give a damn and why should they. They did the same reaction in 2010 and they stayed at the club another 10 years. If Man United was top of the league and winning trophies this wouldn't happen. It's opportunistic. A big signing in the summer will a lot of the bandwagon jumpers away.

Like Micah Richards and Perry Groves said.. you got the Liverpool game postponed and now made it harder for Ole and the players to fit it all in as the calendar is too congested.. but what are the Manchester United fans next move!? Keep getting games cancelled!? Not playing a game of football!? Seriously..Manchester Police won't be so lax next time (they should've been more prepared) they'll have full riot gear on etc the lot. How far are Manchester United fans who want the glazier out prepared to go!? Or are they just tilting on the edges of giving up once they get a new shiny big sighing ala Ronaldo coming home.
Your post is clueless and ignorant, jog on!

mu4c_20le

He looked like a sexual predator who was being confronted over media revelations, not the owner of a multinational cultural institution who should be looking to go on a PR blitz and win over fans. The stonewalling made him look like a massive cnut. It wasn’t like she even asked rude questions and she addressed him very respectfully. Everything about that exchange completely undercut the meagre effort they made in their “apology” to fans.

I hope he gets bombarded with this shit in his home town. They rely on being far removed, bringing it to their doorstep is fantastic.
I was thinking more of a shitty Vegas hustler, one who knows he fecked up and is too ashamed to say anything to the media.

mancan92

Why are people comparing United to a house? Its not the same at all. Unless you want to say they bought a house that a family have lived in for 50 years and will continue to live in there even after you bought it. But for reason they only repaint it but the boiler needs replacing, the roof has a hole in it and the mold is taking over the walls.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Careful!
You might get his 18th comment since the 4th of December, when he joined.

Slags off Rashford and Ronaldo, and only positive post is drooling over City.
Ahh so he’s a bitter then. Makes sense that he loves the Glazers then. Wonder when he switched from Chelsea? I’m gonna guess 2016.

Teja

I wish the PL grows a bit of a backbone and disqualifies them based on the "fit and proper" test. If nothing else, maybe treat it as a political vendetta for the leading role we've had in forming the ESL.

The definition of fit and proper is extremely narrow right now but surely they can work in leveraged take overs + extraction of 100s of millions in dividends out of the club somehow.

UnitedFan93

There wrote a letter regarding the ESL matter and it just made everyone more pissed off so why try. It's his club and he can do as he pleases. Not taking anything away from them being leeches but why should they even give a shit.
Fair enough, that approach has worked for them in the past, however I don't think it's sustainable moving forward, especially with the likes of Neville, Keane, Scholes calling them out live on TV. It's a first for them.

Joel Glazer said in his statement that communication with the fans needs to improve. After that statement they didn't show up at the fans forum and Avram has been given plenty of opportunities to apologise and hasn't. Not a good look.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

American fans mobilise!

Falcow

I for one am impressed that he didnt have a driver, clearly concerned about keeping operational costs down.

Coops73

Is there a shit post of the year award? If so I think we have our winner right here.

Camilo

Quite right, I'd entirely ignore someone sticking a microphone in my face too. He owes nothing to the fans.

Itom50

No we shouldn't be, but it's allowed on the forum. Guy should be fronting up and doing a presser, it's really wrong that Ole needs to be the face of the club and answer for their dealings behind the scenes.
No chance of Ole replying. Sits on fence with all his decisions. Very clever to keep supporters onside, and owners also onside

arthurka

Fair enough, that approach has worked for them in the past, however I don't think it's sustainable moving forward, especially with the likes of Neville, Keane, Scholes calling them out live on TV. It's a first for them.

Joel Glazer said in his statement that communication with the fans needs to improve. After that statement they didn't show up at the fans forum and Avram has been given plenty of opportunities to apologise and hasn't. Not a good look.
No I agree but why do people think they give a toss? The PL and the government has given them a free pass to do what the feck they want with the club.
But I fully agree with what you are saying, but just don´t see why the feck they would give a shit about us fans.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I for one am shocked that Glazer didn't give a nice frank interview when pounced upon by the gutter press.

FattyFooty

I don't want to be that guy, but he really looks like he could be the uncle of that mean asshole in Mad Max 2.

UnitedFan93

No I agree but why do people think they give a toss? The PL and the government has given them a free pass to do what the feck they want with the club.
But I fully agree with what you are saying, but just don´t see why the feck they would give a shit about us fans.
They don't give a toss about the fans but they should do. They don't have a business without the fans so it might be a good idea to start listening to the fans rather than treating us like shit on their shoes.

stw2022

There needs to be better (any) communication between club and fans but I think that’s a two way street. You can’t scream that you want someone to die then complain when they won’t give you an interview

The criticism of the owners in relation to how they communicate with us is legitimate. But let’s be honest fans groups, or specifically those who bafflingly end up as leading members or spokespeople for them, have hardly been the best and brightest.

A middle ground between patsy and wanker who permanently scars police officers shouldn’t be hard to find.

I really think the moderate United fan who has issues with the Glazers but isn’t some kind of rabid nutcase has been really forgotten about, ignored by the club and sidelined by elements the extremes of supports groups who don’t represent him

arthurka

They don't give a toss about the fans but they should do. They don't have a business without the fans so it might be a good idea to start listening to the fans rather than treating us like shit on their shoes.
The funny thing is that they do have a business even when they treat us like shit. They have been doing it for over 15 years and the value of the club just keeps growing.