Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t think you can judge someone on the way they run another team that isn’t the same size or has the same capabilities as Manchester United. Yes Nice have signed shite but that might be the best they can get through the door. I would hope Manchester United has more pull than that.

Gavinb33

He promised the fans clear progress when he bought the club. He hasnt delivered that.
No Nice fan I have seen has slated him for not beating PSG, simply for bad signings, hiring bad people for the club and the club not being any better than before he bought it.
But he has outperformed their last 2 seasons before he took over in 2 out of 3 seasons, bad hires happen when you take over a new business look at FSG at Liverpool before they got it right with Klopp and Edwards there is no magic formula that means from day 1 it's going to be sunshine and rainbows but alas no one has any patience for anything any more it's right now or not at all

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don’t think you can judge someone on the way they run another team that isn’t the same size or has the same capabilities as Manchester United. Yes Nice have signed shite but that might be the best they can get through the door. I would hope Manchester United has more pull than that.
The French league is brimming with talent. Yet he went for proven failures like Ramsay and Barkley. That's sound some shit business if you ask me

crossy1686

career ending
The French league is brimming with talent. Yet he went for proven failures like Ramsay and Barkley. That's sound some shit business if you ask me
Sounds like someone trying to raise their profile with big names. We see it all the time, Robinho, Santa Cruz, Bellamy to City stands out. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don’t.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Good interview with Matt Slater (Athletic journalist) on Stretford Paddock, which was aired yesterday, about SJR.

Basically, all the clubs that he's taken over at, haven't improved on the pitch. Whatever position he bought them in, they kind of stay there.
Wouldn’t be the end of the world that, would it? We’re punching above our weight already on the verge of a title challenge. We also have one foot in a cup final and a good chance of going deep in 2 other cups. If that plays out every season from here on in and we don’t have to be a vehicle for sportswashing I’d be one very happy fan.

devilish

Sounds like someone trying to raise their profile with big names. We see it all the time, Robinho, Santa Cruz, Bellamy to City stands out. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don’t.
Robinho was doing extremely well for Real before signing for City. The poor fecker was dubbed in signing because he genuinely thought he was signing for us. Barkley, Ramsay and co had been a burden on their clubs for quite some time. They are basically our equivalent of Jones (ok not that extent but quite close). If they couldn't be motivated at clubs like Juventus and Chelsea then how on earth are they going to be motivated at Nice? It seems quite evident to me that Nice stocked up with players (Pepe and Schmeichel as well) who saw Nice as their last big pay cheque. That's bad enough for a club like United but it becomes far worse at club like Nice were the budgets are usually small.

TBF to him he seem to learning from some of his mistakes. He seems to have pushed Bob Ratcliffe and the cycling guy aside in favour of a football man ie Jean Luc Blanc. Do I rate Blanc? Well not really. However he's far better then the previous two guys put together.

Last edited:

AdNani

I wouldn't trust our club in the hands of any Redcafe member. And most on here are fans who "get" United.
We need competent and strong owners, not sentiment.
Yes because a fan on here owning us, would be the same as ratcliffe, it's not like he's britains most successful buisness man and owns multiple sporting ventures or anything.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
In any business, you need to be competent in running a small team first before even thinking of running the entire organization. If you can do small how do you expect to manage the complexity of a large organisation?
This happens 99% of the time. You need to prove yourself in a smaller team first.... unless it happens to be your dad's company.

Last edited:

devilish

Hopefully they publicly announce some more names of potential buyers soon. I’m getting sick of hearing about Jim Ratcliffe.
Matt Slater seem to think that there won't be many buyers interested in a full sale.

Lyng

But he has outperformed their last 2 seasons before he took over in 2 out of 3 seasons, bad hires happen when you take over a new business look at FSG at Liverpool before they got it right with Klopp and Edwards there is no magic formula that means from day 1 it's going to be sunshine and rainbows but alas no one has any patience for anything any more it's right now or not at all
2 of 3. Notably the third was higher than anything during his ownership, and notably under a manager that he than later hired but without the same success. Which points to issues with the people above the manager.

sglowrider

Matt Slater seem to think that there won't be many buyers interested in a full sale.
Thats because the ROI on United based on a 4-6 billion quid investment doesn't exist at the moment. Better to keep the money in T-bonds or at your local bank.

Sviken

That’s all I lie. Everyone acting like we was the biggest club in the world before they came. How many Champions League’s did we win? We couldn’t even sign Ronaldinho over a Europa league Barcelona.
I'm not talking about success. Real has always been the biggest club in that regard, at least since the 50's that is. I'm talking about revenue and club worth.

Telsim

Can’t see this being true but reports continue
Reliable outlets reported the formal part of the bidding process will start mid to late February. But yeah, the Glazers are just going to miss out on all other potential buyers to sell the club to Ratcliffe for £4 billion a whole month before that. To speak nothing of the reliability of the source. It's bullshit.

EDIT: Tweet already removed. :lol:

thebelfastboy

Thats because the ROI on United based on a 4-6 billion quid investment doesn't exist at the moment. Better to keep the money in T-bonds or at your local bank.
There is zero doubt in my mind that multiple buyers will be interested in a full sale.

Opportunities to purchase the very top sporting clubs really don't come up that often and there are really none bigger than United particular iro the global brand/pull, potential for considerable growth and probably most importantly; the prestige.

I can see united being sold at well over the prices currently being quoted. In 15-20yrs we will probably be worth double and people will look back thinking it was a steal.

Brophs

The One and Only
He was on Off The Ball in Ireland last week and he elaborated on that a bit. He’s been speaking to people in football finance/with experience of takeovers and they seem to have given him the steer that the price being speculated is very toppy. Which I presume informs his opinion on how many people will bid at that level.

sglowrider

I can see united being sold at well over the prices currently being quoted. In 15-20yrs we will probably be worth double and people will look back thinking it was a steal.
How will the price/value raise? Super League is the only one that would ramp up its value. Or United sells its games on streaming direct.

Mainoldo

I'm not talking about success. Real has always been the biggest club in that regard, at least since the 50's that is. I'm talking about revenue and club worth.
We were innovative at the time. Clubs caught up that’s natural.

Not improving the infrastructure is a poor move by this ownership but let’s be honest they decided to waste it on transfers instead.

cyberman

There was never going to be a queue of buyers. It’s the Mount Everest of sport acquisitions, air is thin up there

cyberman

How will the price/value raise? Super League is the only one that would ramp up its value. Or United sells its games on streaming direct.
Fans were saying this twenty years ago. The cannibalism of other leagues tv income has a lot g way to go and that’ll drive the price up alone

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Certain owners? Arab owners?
State owners.

Pretty much every likely candidate would be from that part of the world, of course, but the problem with 'em isn't that they're "Arab".

If we somehow ended up being owned by the Norwegian oil fund, I'd be against that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.