Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
So every team that Ineos has bought or invested in has done worse once they came in but we somehow think it’ll be better this time?
At least not all of us are as excited as at the time when we signed ETH, Sancho, Ronaldo etc

Fridge chutney

Now if Ratcliffe was going to pump separate money in then fine but there is not a dickie bird about that unlike the Qataris
The Qataris were all bluster and failed so miserably at the bidding process that we should be glad they didn't succeed at buying the club.

GazTheLegend

I have no doubt that the Glazers plan to milk every penny they can out of Ineos and United and this is far from an ideal set up with them still bleeding us dry, however if they are not involved in the footballing side of the club then it can only be good news.
This is how I feel. I've always been mixed at best about becoming yet another state run club, if you'd told me that INEOS would be running the football club at the outset, I would have snapped your hand off. Not surprised the Glazers are hanging on for dear life to the reins of the club, we've been the best investment they will -ever- have, basically free money year on year for them.

Rojofiam

Now if Ratcliffe was going to pump separate money in then fine but there is not a dickie bird about that unlike the Qataris.
:lol:

"Manchester United plc (NYSE: Man Utd), announces today that it has entered into an agreement under which Chairman of INEOS, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, will acquire 25 per cent of Manchester United's Class B shares and up to 25 per cent of Manchester United's Class A shares and provide an additional $300 million intended to enable future investment into Old Trafford."

Castia

"Manchester United plc (NYSE: Man Utd), announces today that it has entered into an agreement under which Chairman of INEOS, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, will acquire 25 per cent of Manchester United's Class B shares and up to 25 per cent of Manchester United's Class A shares and provide an additional $300 million intended to enable future investment into Old Trafford."
But you realise thats like throwing 50 pence into the ocean? the stadium and training ground need a redevelopment or a brand new build 300m in getting us nowhere

Madrid's just done a redevelopment and it cost 1.4 billion

Castia

Outside of a hedge fund buying us that's a load of bollocks isn't it

25% with no option to buy it all, 300m investment into the stadium when it needs over a billion

Not blinded by this shitty deal one bit

sixdwarf

Make no mistake the £1.5bn or so purchase of the shares is NOT investment. Which is what I am saying. The 300m dollars is positive but in the great scheme of things chicken feed. As I say, this is no revolution.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

25% with no option to buy it all, 300m investment into the stadium when it needs over a billion

I've not been following the ins and outs but isn't this at least a fairly good step towards getting the Glaziers out?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
25% is madness.

fecking parasites. feck off

MDFC Manager

I'm with you, unfortunately it is what it is

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The Glazers and their incompetent yes-men are more or less out of the picture on sporting matters and people are still complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.