Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockets Redglare

God you’d think Sir Jim had said he was torching Old Trafford and hanging Fergie from the rafters.

Try a bit of positivity for once for feck sake.

Idxomer

Their decision regarding people like Murtough will signal whether there'll be any significant change it's more of the same.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Outside of a hedge fund buying us that's a load of bollocks isn't it

25% with no option to buy it all, 300m investment into the stadium when it needs over a billion

Not blinded by this shitty deal one bit
yeah. i’d rather no investment whatsoever.

Shinjch

Hope it can trigger the overhaul that is required. Remains to be seen though.

JediSith

& so the moaning begins
It’s a fact. SJR is own record telling INEOS creditors that none of INEOS’ money will be used to finance the takeover or project.

People can’t on the one hand base their justification for Ratcliffe being a good owner on INEOS having £60b revenue, even if the profits are only £1b and then turn a blind eye to Ratcliffe himself saying none of INEOS money will be used. His practically discrediting your own argument

Betson

Kaveh the robot not impressed. Think he wanted the fake sheik.

He was saying people in football he was speaking to are saying that Manchester United has fallen so far behind the top teams in terms of football squad ,,training facilities , stadium , club structures etc that the job is a mammoth one and that INEOS has not shown in their other sporting ventures that they would be up to such a task. Galzers still in overall control , he says the likes of City , Liverpool etc will not be losing any sleep over this.

The Urban Goose

Fantastic news. And in Brailsford we have someone who knows one or two things about delivering results in elite sport.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Of course it will change
Not the massive changes we wanted and needed long term. Why would Jim put his money into something he has no full control over or full owns? The lack of full ownership clause is a major concern for me, all the rumours were just to keep fans happy it seems.

Will things get better football wise? Yes, it can't get worse. But the stadium, training ground and debt will remain

GreatDane

The Glazers are like herpes, we need a cure before we get rid of them.
Until then I welcome Sir Jim to at least bring in the best people to help our club - I wanted a full takeover, but this will still be a lot better than what we had to endure for the last decade.
Merry Christmas and good luck.

Oldyella

And rightly so

Look at the deal its awful

Sir Jim/ Qatar whoever takes control I couldn't care less but at 25% its awful for the club

300m dollars will get us a new roof at OT and a new coat of paint

Glazers were on their knees and Jim has given them a lifeline.
I'm determined to at least hope this is a first positive step, even if its just we now have a much quicker acting football operational side, but can't help but worry that your concerns are very much valid.

spiriticon

Look guys, it's only a small step, but a step nonetheless. It will take years to modernise the club stadium and football operations. We're that bad.

At the end of the day, no one was willing to pay the 20 billion or whatever the Glazers were asking for a full sale, so this is as good as it's gonna get for now.

macheda14

And rightly so

Look at the deal its awful

Sir Jim/ Qatar whoever takes control I couldn't care less but at 25% its awful for the club

300m dollars will get us a new roof at OT and a new coat of paint

Glazers were on their knees and Jim has given them a lifeline.
300 mill can be a down payment on expansion or the development of a new stadium. The process will require a loan no matter who the owner is.

united for life

Outside of a hedge fund buying us that's a load of bollocks isn't it

25% with no option to buy it all, 300m investment into the stadium when it needs over a billion

Not blinded by this shitty deal one bit
Yes ok, 100%. why spend 300 million when they can spend none. Better not invest

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Thank fukc something has finally happened. This abomination of a thread can now be closed. 2429 pages with 2400 being a handful of anti-Qatar woke zealots virtual signalling the same half a dozen points time and time and time again while slagging anyone with a different opinion, 24 about finance and 5 about football. Thank God it's no longer needed to quickly check for updates. It's over. What a glorious day.

GoldanoGraham

This can only be a good thing….might not be the utopian sale that we all wanted but it became clear that they were never going to sell up and allowing the sporting side of operations to be managed by other shareholders is a big win for the Glazers and hopefully the fans.

Our current malaise while this has been dragging on has helped nobody. On the pitch we are currently in a terrible place.

Let’s hope that the sporting organisation that Ineos bring in helps ETH with the current mess we need to get out of and sets us on the right path to far better player acquisition and helps to get some of the complete dross out of the door.

Nothing will change overnight but will be very interesting to see who comes in and what the new structure looks like.

Spark

Thank fukc something has finally happened. This abomination of a thread can now be closed. 2429 pages with 2400 being a handful of anti-Qatar woke zealots virtual signalling the same half a dozen points time and time and time again while slagging anyone with a different opinion, 24 about finance and 5 about football. Thank God it's no longer needed to quickly check for updates. It's over. What a glorious day.
This the best thing about this. Potentially worst ever thread for quality.

Offsideagain

Odd that it hasn't been announced at the NYSE before going public but it's in the open now. Now the club will be knocked into shape with all the cruisers and hangers on going pdq. A new era beginning.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Where have you been?

It’s always been a thing since the summer that it was going to be 25%
I know (I literally made this thread).

It's just a shame it has come to pass.

Castia

Yes ok, 100%. why spend 300 million when they can spend none. Better not invest
If investment is coming in I’d want a proper job being done. You’re accepting mediocrity on day 1 well done

25%, debt remains, 300m when it needs a billion, no road to a full take over

*everything is fine* meme

JediSith

Glazers want. 1) profits without involvement in what they don’t care about. 2) a shield from public backlash.

Ratcliffe will get 3-4 years from a sizeable % where nothing will get criticised. Then after that who will people direct criticism at for on the field failure? Most likely Ratcliffe and I doubt it’ll be that bad but especially from the pundits and media.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Shower thought #1: The statement says it is Ratcliffe that is buying the shares, while INEOS will take over football control.

Shower thought #2: The statement of Ratcliffe buying 'up to 25%' of Class A shares is strange. Very deliberately worded differently than the simply 'buying 25% of Class B shares'. I presume it's because Class A is owned by other parties so it's reliant on those people agreeing to sell, but then again what actually limits him only buying 25%? Or will they be issuing 25% new Class A shares that he can choose to buy?

Shower thought #3: I wonder if the Glazer siblings are all selling equally (ie. they are all selling 25% of what they own), or if some are selling more, or even all, of what they own while others (most likely Joel and Avram) sell less.

Status
Not open for further replies.