Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Eric's Seagull

Can he buy us, though? Even the Arabs got priced out by the Glazers according to rumours.
Not sure about that as I don't know what the club would want if they were to sell or if Arnauld would find the fee reasonable, even if he was interested.

The Glazers may not want to sell at the moment so could quote a stupid price. I don't think they will sell until after the new NBC deal which starts 2022/23 season.

Kostov

I just wish some of the fans around this prick Woodward give him some slack. He's been the main culprit for all of this shambles and nobody gives a feck. I wish fans call him out and give him the deserved mouthing off.

Ban

If we don't get top 4 this season Adidas will close the pipe a bit. Hopefully that will be a signal to the Glazers that something is wrong. As if they don't see the signs already.

Amerifan

We should run onto the pitch every week at old Trafford all at once and get our games called off. I bet that will make him notice.
Their entire fan base sitting in jail? That’ll get their attention :lol:

Number4.

It's a horrible reality - but like most Private sector (and a lot of public) employees, Woodward will have some form of Personal development plan, with Objectives & Goals.

Ranking #1 on that list will be something along the lines of "Continue revenue growth for Man United"

Below that he will have his actions:
1) Grow revenue from existing channels
2) Identify and monetise new revenue channels
3) Reduce investment in new signings and player wages (In a slightly fancier way)

If Woodward leaves, he will be replaced with someone who can meet the same objectives, not a DOF who will challenge the status quo. The glazers are going to hang on for dear life repeating high turnover, low spend model until the club suffers devaluation through performance.

"Sometimes it's not the apples that are rotten, it's the barrel"

Zimkid

What do you expect if you put an Accountant at the helm of a Football Club. You know you are in trouble when the language centers towards we have a "good business", we made money (when the results on the pitch are bad) etc ... Woodward should be in the accounting department, and we should have a football visionary at the helm of the club. Someone who knows that culture is more important than numbers. Relationships are more valuable than profits. In fact, a good culture in which everyone embraces the same vision will eventually result in $$$.

Imagine, United is now one of those clubs where players would rather not go because of the increasing reputation of not enriching player's careers. Di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao etc. Its proven in the clowns of coaches that we bring in without even considering a cultural fit. For example, bringing in Van Gaal & Jose were very dumb moves! These guys are so abrasive it was obvious from previous tenures they would eventually bring United down. As for Moyes, you are hiring an average coach to manage champions (or a club with a culture of winning). Why we didn't get Klopp, I don't know? Or even Pep? These people were proven quality. I believe they were available at various times between 2014 and now. I liked the idea of Ole ... but he seems to have so little options, player wise. I do question his over using players to the point of injury.

Now we are focusing on marquee signing of players who are dipping in their clubs. Over paying for that matter. Players who don't fit into our identity. Feeeeck now we have a team full of p*****. No leaders at all. No champions. There is only one solution. The management of this club should be given to someone else. Woodward out!!!! + as a bonus - those Glazers are shiiii*e. Them out too!!!

Suedesi

This should be the only thread active on the United board. Seriously anyone still going at Ole, or Mata or Lingard, or whoever is missing the larger picture.

Zimkid

This should be the only thread active on the United board. Seriously anyone still going at Ole, or Mata or Lingard, or whoever is missing the larger picture.
True ... Going at the players or Ole is missing the main point.

UnitedFan93

The way things are going we'll soon be the Thomas Cook of English football.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
An attack front 4 that cost 15mil combined. FFS.

A front 6 that cost around 104mil.

Biggest club in the world.

:rolleyes:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Bragging about our successful transfer window with a straight face to shareholders whilst simultaneously going into a Premier League campaign with our weakest ever squad, you couldn't really make it up :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
An attack front 4 that cost 15mil combined. FFS.

A front 6 that cost around 104mil.

Biggest club in the world.

:rolleyes:

Beckham - Keane - Scholes - Giggs
Cantona - Cole​

£11.7m

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sinking and league table shows that indisputably. Not even beginning of October and season is pretty much over. There is absolutely nothing to root for.

I think United are actually getting weaker now. Matter of time till Woodward offer another solution from a problem he created.

Sack - Appoint - Disappoint - Sack... and never take responsibility for anything.

Yakuza_devils

It's so fecking obvious even before the season start that we have the wrong manager and very bad transfer window. But our incompetent CEO can't even see that. I'm starting to feel that I'm capable of running the club better than this fecking idiot.

Year after year with the same shit while team like Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves, Spurs, City and many other are making good progress. Absolutely shocking!

Where are all the top red fans that were calling us idiots for not supporting the manager and CEO before season start? This is fecking obvious even before season kick off due to shocking bad management. CEO my ass!

Fluctuation0161

It's so fecking obvious even before the season start that we have the wrong manager and very bad transfer window. But our incompetent CEO can't even see that. I'm starting to feel that I'm capable of running the club better than this fecking idiot.

Year after year with the same shit while team like Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves, Spurs, City and many other are making good progress. Absolutely shocking!

Where are all the top red fans that were calling us idiots for not supporting the manager and CEO before season start? This is fecking obvious even before season kick off due to shocking bad management. CEO my ass!
It was so obvious. The writing was on the wall when we didn't replace Herrera or Lukaku.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Not retaining Herrera was one of the biggest feck ups Woodward did.

Even if he had stayed, we needed another midfielder.

I know people will have a go at Pogba. He is an AM.

How difficult is to get another midfielder?

Yes. Lukaku should have been replaced.

el3mel

Can't believe this fraud will be in charge of hiring our new manager again.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I love how we create our own boogeyman to justify why we’re terrible. Here’s the reality. Our supposed parasite owners have given every manager we’ve had hundreds of millions to spend on the squad. Our rivals except for City have spent nowhere near what we have yet here we are.

The Woodward arguments also make me laugh. He’s a Glazer stooge that goes into business for himself and signs players like Sanchez without the managers approval because I mean a proper stooge for those greedy glazers would spend as little as possible you’d think right? I don’t remember anyone having a go at David Gill for failing to close so many deals.

We’re just making up villains anywhere we can. The reality is Ole came with this United Way bullshit and left our squad ridiculously thin and putting us in a position where our youth academy has to produce.
They have taken like 1 billion out of the club..

Johan07

They have taken like 1 billion out of the club..
Thats not true. The club has only given dividends the years after the IPO amounting to like 20 m yearly over four or five years. Before that nothing. And its gone to all shareholders; the Glazers just own 75 percent of the equity now. So thats blatently incorrect. Its like 100m that the club has distributed in divends in total since the Glazers took over 2004. To all shareholders.

Metify

Thats not true. The club has only given dividends the years after the IPO amounting to like 20 m yearly over four or five years. Before that nothing. And its gone to all shareholders; the Glazers just own 75 percent of the equity now. So thats blatently incorrect. Its like 100m that the club has distributed in divends in total since the Glazers took over 2004. To all shareholders.
The interests of the leveraged buyout are payed also by the club. This is the huge amount.

Suedesi

If we don't get top 4 this season Adidas will close the pipe a bit. Hopefully that will be a signal to the Glazers that something is wrong. As if they don't see the signs already.
Glazer children have no fecking scooby, they just collect the dividend, and as long as the cashflow is greater than the debt servicing portion, they're happy.

It's like you inherited a smelting facility in Malaysia, what would you know about the nature of the business at a granular level. Nothing. That's the same for Darcie Glazer and her brothers.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Till Jan 2019 they have spent 800 millions on repaying loans and debts.

Suedesi

Sorry, where did you glean that information from?

Roboc7

The Glazers are here to stay until they choose to leave simple as that.

What I cannot understand is why something hasn’t been done to sort out the football club. Post SAF enough money has been spent for us to have a decent squad but it’s full of dross. We’ve wasted millions on compensation for managers, massively overpaid and overpay wages and have players who can’t be sold or we’ll have to pay to leave. This also leads to loss of revenue and loss of value etc etc.

How has that not been dealt with, in any job I’ve had when things are going wrong you look at why and try to resolve it especially if it’s causing huge losses. Woodward should have been moved aside or sacked at least 3 years ago.

By now we should have brought in someone like VDS and a DOF but it looks like we don’t even know what we want if we want anyone at all. My conclusion is the Glazers are stupid, their Dad was the successful businessman and they all now just live off the proceeds and enjoy looking and feeling important.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I will forever insist. Its Woodward I want gone. Especially gone from football operations. He needs to be relegated back to being strictly a guy who deals with earning the club finance.

As long as he stays in the football side of the club. United will keep sinking.
Woodward is put there by who? Whose buyout did he facilitate? Whose 7th child is he? Who pays him? Who gives him his orders?

Tincanalley

Not retaining Herrera was one of the biggest feck ups Woodward did.

Even if he had stayed, we needed another midfielder.

I know people will have a go at Pogba. He is an AM.

How difficult is to get another midfielder?

Yes. Lukaku should have been replaced.
Fellaini, too. So many players who were regular picks out the door, yet not a pipsqueak from Ole.

Tincanalley

Good to see this thread being bumped. We need to keep saying it, showing our feelings. Woody seems have made a few noises lately, which shows he is at least trying to have a positive image with the support base of the club.

Johan07

Sorry, where did you glean that information from?
I should have said its between 75-80 somewhere now. I dont have the exact number but more and more shares have been floated on the NYSE since the IPO. Its Class As though, with the same right to dividends but not the same voting rights of the Class Bs that the Glazers still keep. But equity-wise its like that ballpark-wise.