Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

lon ball2

Let’s get some brainstorming going over some properly impactful protests

Al-T

I don't think there's any way. Woodward is the Lord Charles to the Glazer's Ray Allen.

Until the Glazer's get to the stage where they are prepared to sell the club, Woodward will be here.

lon ball2

It’s the unfortunate thing. The only way we can get them out is to hurt the club financially

manutddjw

I love how we create our own boogeyman to justify why we’re terrible. Here’s the reality. Our supposed parasite owners have given every manager we’ve had hundreds of millions to spend on the squad. Our rivals except for City have spent nowhere near what we have yet here we are.

The Woodward arguments also make me laugh. He’s a Glazer stooge that goes into business for himself and signs players like Sanchez without the managers approval because I mean a proper stooge for those greedy glazers would spend as little as possible you’d think right? I don’t remember anyone having a go at David Gill for failing to close so many deals.

We’re just making up villains anywhere we can. The reality is Ole came with this United Way bullshit and left our squad ridiculously thin and putting us in a position where our youth academy has to produce.

fergiesarmy1

Smug Woodward sat in the stands, he should go along with all his buddies.
Did you see him early in the second half with his hands out as if asking “how the f..k are we getting beat at West Ham”

Because of you you Buffon is the answer.

lon ball2

I love how we create our own boogeyman to justify why we’re terrible. Here’s the reality. Our supposed parasite owners have given every manager we’ve had hundreds of millions to spend on the squad. Our rivals except for City have spent nowhere near what we have yet here we are.

The Woodward arguments also make me laugh. He’s a Glazer stooge that goes into business for himself and signs players like Sanchez without the managers approval because I mean a proper stooge for those greedy glazers would spend as little as possible you’d think right? I don’t remember anyone having a go at David Gill for failing to close so many deals.

We’re just making up villains anywhere we can. The reality is Ole came with this United Way bullshit and left our squad ridiculously thin and putting us in a position where our youth academy has to produce.
There’s much more to it than money. But don’t forget the years of under investment under Sir Alex. Their football decision making is dreadful and bizarre. Money men run the club, run it to and for money. It’s why the culture and atmosphere (thanks to their financial model) of top four being the target begins the rot. Sir Alex papered over the cracks with sheer force of will but that’s gone now and the fall from Grace is not a surprise. We are three years of accurate investment in the squad from competing again, basically a decade to recover. The great man was worth a billion pounds to Manchester United

They don’t have the ambition for it nor the will the make the decisions to sort it out - look how long it’s taking to find this unicorn of a DOF

RooneyLegend

Who hired Ole? Who hired Moyes? Who hired Van Gaal? Who hired Jose? who gave that incompetent bunch 900 million quid to toy around with...now lastly, who has kept the man who's made these terrible decisions in a job?

Utd7

Woodward can stay. We just need a qualified DOF so Woodward no longer makes football decisions.

The Irish Connection

I think the blame is somewhere around 60/40 on the glazers and Woodward vs the coaching.
The decision to give ole the job when we did was stupid. We had waited long enough for performances to drop in games so why didn’t we wait until the end of the season, like originally intended.
That was one of countless poor decisions made over the last decade.
Then the lack of signings in the summer with an inexperienced manager was a recipe for disaster again. Did we not learn from Moyes.
The glazers and Woodward are running United into the ground and the fan base is too divided to put any real pressure on the owners.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We should run onto the pitch every week at old Trafford all at once and get our games called off. I bet that will make him notice.

oz insomniac

Woody sold off 2 strikers and mesmerised everyone by chasing players who,as usual didn't sign and weren't interested. That my friends is the Woody way, even allowing for Ole and his inexperience. Teflon Ed has been there for enough time as quasi DOF that the situation of the roster devaluation in strikers and midfield is exposing him as incompetent.

Yes, he spent money under LVG , but who exactly were they other than click bait. You can't be in charge of a world stature club and allow what has occurred and escape scathing criticism. There are fanboys on here that suggest he is doing a good job, if the Glazers are allowing him to run th football side in this manner, then they are incompetent too.

How anyone can defend the management of the football,side of the club under their management is bordering on insanity.

El Zoido

We spent a lot of money badly long before Ole arrived. Regardless of what should have happened, we’re here now and need to get it right with the players we sign next. And so far that has been the case, his signings have been good and he’s got rid of the right players so we shall see. Not panicking just yet but the season is a write-off.

AneRu

if reports are true this is the part Woodward hasn't seemed willing to give up
Then the Glazers have to rein on him and put limitations on him. We have to be the only club to have spent so much over a 6 year period and not launched even one serious challenge for major honors. It cost us £130m just to improve the defense with two players, one a fullback who can't attack and another a slow CB. I'd like to think that this could have been done at less cost if we didn't confine ourselves to PL proven talent.

That we went into the season without a replacement for Lukaku or decided to give Ole the permanent job on the back of a new manager bounce are just a few of the decisions he's made wrong. Not replacing Lukaku in particular effectively took us out of the fight for top 4.

Matthew1972

I assure you that this is not me, but everything he said, is agreed with 100%.
I'll add that while Woodward is our DoF, we will continue to finish 4th-7th place.
We will likely finished behind West Ham, CP, Leicester, and Burnley, along with the usual other five. No team in the current collection of usual top six has played this poorly.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I didnt suggest Green and Gold, but a similar campaign to raise awareness. I dont think Green and Gold was pointless neither. Is your suggestion to do nothing and be grumpy in your armchair? Join in, in a constructive way please..
I’ve tried on multiple occasions. Some United fans were arrested in the summer of 2005, others were assaulted by fellow reds because they suggested a boycott.

Green and gold in 2010 raised awareness of the issues but didn’t achieve much more.

It’s 14 years too late. They’ve won.

ROFLUTION

I’ve tried on multiple occasions. Some United fans were arrested in the summer of 2005, others were assaulted by fellow reds because they suggested a boycott.

Green and gold in 2010 raised awareness of the issues but didn’t achieve much more.

It’s 14 years too late. They’ve won.
Meh, sounds like you've just gone into a deep depression. Don't see why us losing a battle 9-14 years ago, should make us give up, moan forever and do nothing in the future

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Woodward's negligence has been astonishing. How we have such a crap team given the money spent is all on him. He's an absolute moron.

Tarrou

I don’t think we can remove the Glazers, they will sell when they want.

But why the feck is Woody still calling the shots? Surely a protest should focus on his failure and removal from his position. It’s the best we can hope for it seems.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We need to do whatever it takes to get Ed out.
If he has any dignity, he would walk.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The Glazers are perfectly happy with Woodward. He makes them money !!!!!
In what world is a club they bought at the top end of Europe being midtable makes them more money? Woodward has bled the coffers dry for transfers, now he has less TV money with no champions league, the sponsorship income will go down as well and the gate receipts take a hit when half the stadium is empty for a Thursday evening Europa league game.

All of these things have impact on the share price and evaluation of the club. There's not a single metric that is favourable to Woodward and he is walking on the thinnest of thin ice in his job right now.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Financial results tomorrow will show that Woody is doing a great job so there’s no way he will get the sack.

For my part, I’ve decided I’m not going to any matches until the team improves, have much better things to do with my time. Watching United lately is just putting me in a bad mood and I actively dislike most of our players now.

Can somebody let me know when this slump is over and I’ll rejoin the party.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We need to do whatever it takes to get Ed out.
If he has any dignity, he would walk.
He has none, he would have walked already or hired a DOF if he did

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The idea the Glazers are happy with him cause he makes money is nonsense. How long will a mid table club continue to make money? Just look at our financial results year on year. All our revenue streams are beginning to plateau. Our operating profits are miniscule. Just look at our EBITDA. Thie idea we are swimming in cash is rubbish. He has got to go.

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
the various "ole is shit" threads here. I suppose it would be worse on twitter but I don't know, I don't use it.
Ole is part of the problem but the only constants in our downward trajectory are the owners and Ed. They're the ones ruining the club, not whichever manager gets the poisoned chalice.

Eric's Seagull

So if Ole is the problem our last four managers have been failures compared to expectations. What do you do to a guy that hires four failures on the trot? You fecking fire the clown.

Or Ole isn't a failure. He just hasn't been given the necessary means to properly do his job. In that case, what do you do to the guy in charge of providing those means? You fecking fire the clown.

I've been convinced that Woodward is the main thing holding us back for years now. I doubt he'll ever prove me wrong.
Worst thing that's happened to this club in the last 50 years. I hate the cnut.
Agree with your post. I don't think it's Ole.

I think that Woodward hasn't given Ole the necessary platform to succeed by not supporting him fully in the transfer window. Think we should have got someone in to replace Herrera and also someone in to replace Lukaku.

If it doesn't work out I think sadly that Woodward will try to make Ole a scapegoat for his own mistakes.

I would like to see Woodward get fired but unfortunately I think as long as the Glazer's are around then he will still be around and I don't see them selling the club soon.

Would like to see us have people running the club who care as much about results on the pitch as they do about making money.

Last edited:

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The fans are as much to blame as the owners/CEO.

There’s no organisation, there’s a lot of infighting etc.

Before any future protests, there needs to be some kind of IMUSA type organisation relaunched. Get regular meetings going...

There then needs to be a simple question answered. Yes, you want the Glazers out but who do you want instead?

Eric's Seagull

The fans are as much to blame as the owners/CEO.

There’s no organisation, there’s a lot of infighting etc.

Before any future protests, there needs to be some kind of IMUSA type organisation relaunched. Get regular meetings going...

There then needs to be a simple question answered. Yes, you want the Glazers out but who do you want instead?
I would take Bernard Arnhault if there is any truth in him wanting to buy a football club. He is worth $97.8B.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
We wont beat Arsenal and Liverpool.
Woodward will fire Ole to cover his arse.

I cannot believe the club I supported as a boy in the 60s has come to this.
Even in the 70s when we did not have good teams, the players gave it their all.

red thru&thru

I don't care who the owners are, I just want my team to play well and win trophies. Business is business, I accept that.

All I want the Glazer's to do is, employ actual people who are competent at the football side of things. Ed isn't that. We need him to be removed from footballing decisions and give the responsibility to the competent.