#GlazersOut

Foxbatt

Well they need to get out now or else this great club would be destroyed.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I have just one small problem with #GlazersOut and I think I've mentioned it before, probably more than once but it's worth asking the question.

Do you want us to be owned by the Saudis?

Because I'm out if we do and they're the only people that are gonna buy this club from the Glazers.

They're trying all sorts to appear progressive and modern because they know how they're viewed so they're lightening laws here and there and they're putting on events and so forthand owning Manchester United and pulling them up from under the Glazers would be perfect PR for the crown prince.

The value of the club and what the Glazers would take to sell up leaves us in a horrible predicament but as bad as the Glazers are, I'm not supporting the shiny plaything of a murderous, despotic, backwards regime full of cnuts.

What say you lot?

WireMUFC

Can’t stand this #GlazerOut twitter campaign, It’s all about signings for kids on twitter. It’s embarrassing mostly spoilt brats behind the tweets. I despise the Glazers and Woodward but you know for a fact if we’d signed lots of players they would all be happy and would be saying stuff like “love you ed” and all this shite.

Signings are part of the problem but it’s much more than that. It’s a lot deeper than just oh we haven’t signed Fernandes #GlazersOut which a lot of people don’t understand. The fact that the supporters trust aren’t behind it says everything. The “protest” outside Old Trafford was a complete joke about 15 people there organised by some complete clown who was supposedly asking for donations. Guarantee the people on twitter are the first people to buy a new shirt.

You only have to look at the amount of new shirts on the tour to understand where I’m coming from. #GlazerOut will achieve nothing and has achieved nothing, we’ve had far bigger protests than this. Actually had a riot outside Old Trafford, Compared to this lot who had 15 people show up. Tweets put 0 pressure on the Glazers.

The whole thing at this point lacks any direction as a movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rood

Denis79

I have just one small problem with #GlazersOut and I think I've mentioned it before, probably more than once but it's worth asking the question.

Do you want us to be owned by the Saudis?

Because I'm out if we do and they're the only people that are gonna buy this club from the Glazers.

They're trying all sorts to appear progressive and modern because they know how they're viewed so they're lightening laws here and there and they're putting on events and so forthand owning Manchester United and pulling them up from under the Glazers would be perfect PR for the crown prince.

The value of the club and what the Glazers would take to sell up leaves us in a horrible predicament but as bad as the Glazers are, I'm not supporting the shiny plaything of a murderous, despotic, backwards regime full of cnuts.

What say you lot?
By this time next year we'll be the 3rd or 4th most valuable club in the world and we'll drop steadily because with the Glazers and Woodward at the helm we won't win a PL title or a CL title ever again, as a result big money sponsors will be lesser and lesser. When the cow runs dry, they'll sell and it will have nothing to do with us fans wanting them out, they just want to suck the last drop out before they bail.

spiriticon

We win titles #GlazersOut
We finish 6th #GlazersOut
We spend a world record fee for a player #GlazersOut
We don't spend and try to promote youth #GlazersOut

Boring, cyclical and pointless.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Context is needed. We sell Ronaldo best in the world tied with messi, one of the best ever, for a world record fee and lose Tevez. Replace them with Valencia and Michael Owen. Keep neglecting freshing our midfield despite being humilitated by Xavi and Iniesta vs 100 year old Giggs + Carrick. GlazersOut

Replace Fergie with Moyes - GlazersOUt

Spend world record fee for a player. Have no problem with this apart that it's on our own we lost on a free.

Struggling in the top 6 for 6 seasons post Fergie. Obviously GlazersOUt

Terrible transfer window last season followed by a terrible transferwindow this season.

patty123

Context is needed. We sell Ronaldo best in the world tied with messi, one of the best ever, for a world record fee and lose Tevez. Replace them with Valencia and Michael Owen. Keep neglecting freshing our midfield despite being humilitated by Xavi and Iniesta vs 100 year old Giggs + Carrick. GlazersOut

Spend world record fee for a player. Have no problem with this apart that it's on our own we lost on a free.

Terrible transfer window last season followed by a terrible transferwindow this season.
Well while ed and the owners are 98% at fault for the ills of the club, those two highlighted are down to Alex Ferguson. He chose to play a right back in MF rather than Pogba and the more and more people, be it fans or pundits said after we got tore apart by Barca we need MF's, the more Alex seem to ignore it.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Don't think there is any way to try and get them out.

It will be if and when they choose - it is too easy for them to milk the club for cash at the moment.

Fans will not stop going to games and they know that.

vidic blood & sand

It's probable they're open to offers for the club anyway. If a big offer came in, I think they'd probably accept it.

Gehrman

TBH I fine with the fans protesting even if it doesn't lead to anything. We had the green and gold campaign when we were still title challengers in 2010. It speaks volumes if we don't protest going into our 7th season with the prospect of fighting for the top 6. Our ambitions have sunk so low.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

More context is needed.

Despite their failings in pretty much every aspect of football management, all of our managers post-Fergie have at least attempted to address the midfield problem.

Moyes: Fellaini & Mata.

LVG: Schneiderlin, Herrera, Shweinstieger & Blind (although converted to CB, he was very much purchased with the DM role in mind)

Jose: Matic, Pogba & Fred.

Pogba is all that remains of those players who were fully intended to fix the midfield problem and even he is barely considered a successful signing. 1 out of 9. You cannot hold the Glazers responsible for their manager(s) poor judgement on player potential. All they did was put the funds forward to purchase them.

Since Fergie retired, our club has spent just shy of £800 million on new signings, placing us second in the table of highest spenders during that period. The funds were there, but our managers either identified the wrong targets or failed to integrate them into the squad. But one way or the other, the managers shoulder the blame here, no one else.

This current transfer window doesn't even remotely compare to the previous one. Two top young talents (James & AWB) plus one of the leagues best CB's is anything but a terrible transfer window.

Fergie's gum

You either progress or you get left behind. What we did during this transfer window was the absolute minimum, probably just enough to keep us in the race for top 4 till the second half of the season. Even though we have closed a couple of holes in defence, we now have a couple in midfield, namely RW and DM. This is not progress this is simply treading water. If we were serious about closing the gap with the top 2 we'd have addressed all issues well in advance. The only good thing to come out of this is that the owners' real intentions and lack of ambition are apparent for all to see.

Gehrman

More context is needed.

Despite their failings in pretty much every aspect of football management, all of our managers post-Fergie have at least attempted to address the midfield problem.

LVG: Schneiderlin, Herrera, Shweinstieger & Blind (although converted to CB, he was very much purchased with the DM role in mind)

Pogba is all that remains of those players who were fully intended to fix the midfield problem and even he is barely considered a successful signing. 1 out of 9. You cannot hold the Glazers responsible for their manager(s) poor judgement on player potential. All they did was put the funds forward to purchase them.

Since Fergie retired, our club has spent just shy of £800 million on new signings, placing us second in the table of highest spenders during that period. The funds were there, but our managers either identified the wrong targets or failed to integrate them into the squad. But one way or the other, the managers shoulder the blame here, no one else.

This current transfer window doesn't even remotely compare to the previous one. Two top young talents (James & AWB) plus one of the leagues best CB's is anything but a terrible transfer window.
I agree that our managers shoulder a lot of the blame. Losing 2 of our established CM's and our best goalscorer and not replacing them is a terrible transfer window when we finished 6th last season, again. It depends on what ambition you're aiming for. We are Man Utd not Wolves.

Bestofthebest

I am sure even the Glazers realise that a successful club is more likely to make money than an unsuccessful one. Equally I am sure they realise that the money they have spent since arriving has not produced that success but at the same time I don't think they have made the link for this anomaly. Basically a great deal of the money we have spent has been wasted on players not good enough, or correct choice but brought in to fill a gap or do a job. Some even arriving purely for their commercial appeal but not fitting into the team, I'm not going to name them. The link for this in my mind is once again allowing a very successful money man to be so involved in the negotiation of the actual deals and also the sacking and changing of managers when the required success doesn't materialise.

In order to rectify this endless cycle Ed needs to step down from negotiations and picking targets, the identification of targets and negotiation should be entirely up to the manager and a more senior member of the board ( call him DOF if you must ) but they must stick to the budget identified by Ed. That way it is easy to see who is responsible for what. For example if the team is performing badly then that is down to DOF and manager. If funding is inadequate that is down to Ed.

One thing is for sure we cannot keep going through the fiascos of recent transfer windows and subsequent sacking of managers as if everything was their fault.

Reactions: Rood

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I agree that our managers shoulder a lot of the blame. Losing 2 of our established CM's and our best goalscorer and not replacing them is a terrible transfer window when we finished 6th last season, again. It depends on what ambition you're aiming for. We are Man Utd not Wolves.
We were clearly after a midfielder this window (Dybala, Fernandes, Eriksen, whoever) but for one reason or another those players refused to join us. Again, this is not the fault of our owners. Blame Ed and his suspect negotiation skills.

Hey, there's still a few hours remaining in the current window. Who knows how it will end it.

littlepeasoup

I am sure even the Glazers realise that a successful club is more likely to make money than an unsuccessful one. Equally I am sure they realise that the money they have spent since arriving has not produced that success but at the same time I don't think they have made the link for this anomaly. Basically a great deal of the money we have spent has been wasted on players not good enough, or correct choice but brought in to fill a gap or do a job. Some even arriving purely for their commercial appeal but not fitting into the team, I'm not going to name them. The link for this in my mind is once again allowing a very successful money man to be so involved in the negotiation of the actual deals and also the sacking and changing of managers when the required success doesn't materialise.

In order to rectify this endless cycle Ed needs to step down from negotiations and picking targets, the identification of targets and negotiation should be entirely up to the manager and a more senior member of the board ( call him DOF if you must ) but they must stick to the budget identified by Ed. That way it is easy to see who is responsible for what. For example if the team is performing badly then that is down to DOF and manager. If funding is inadequate that is down to Ed.

One thing is for sure we cannot keep going through the fiascos of recent transfer windows and subsequent sacking of managers as if everything was their fault.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are a prime example of how they clearly don't give a flying whatsit about a sports team being successful.

edgar allan

More context is needed.

We have not replaced two midfielders and a forward. It is a absolutely diabolical transfer window.

MUFC OK

That's the point, this movement should be a constant regardless of our fortunes on the field. it doesn't take a genius to see what they are doing to the club and the downturn since they joined.

They do the bare minimum to maintain harmony whilst protecting the brand and most importantly their own pockets, I'm not accepting that.

MUFC OK

We were clearly after a midfielder this window (Dybala, Fernandes, Eriksen, whoever) but for one reason or another those players refused to join us. Again, this is not the fault of our owners. Blame Ed and his suspect negotiation skills.

Hey, there's still a few hours remaining in the current window. Who knows how it will end it.
:lol::lol::lol:

Darlington Padgett

Worse window since Sir Alex left. We have the worst midfield and attack compared to every team in the top 6. Not to mention we have absolutely no bench at all.

edgar allan

I am after a beachhouse on the sea but similarly have no intention of paying the money needed to actually buy it.
We re-signed all our underperforming players as we had no money to replace them.

Frank Grimes

How are we going to juggle Europa league football and PL games with this squad. A few injuries and we are absolutely screwed.

Our defence is improved but it's hard to see where the creativity and goals are coming for us next season. Our midfield and forward options are not good enough. Massive faith being put in Martial and Rashford and if they don't perform consistently we are going to be in big trouble next season.

Ban

People expecting some protests or anything on Sunday are in for a rude awakening.

IRELANDUNITED

I can't remember a time when I felt so disconnected from the club, the last 2 windows have been an absolute disgrace. We are a business now and we are run in a way that profit is king. I'm not looking forward to the season now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I am after a beachhouse on the sea but similarly have no intention of paying the money needed to actually buy it.
We re-signed all our underperforming players as we had no money to replace them.
So you're saying the Glazers have merely been posturing this summer, putting the word out that they intend to spend large but pulling out of the deal when it seemingly gets close to completion?

That's your opinion, if so, and frankly, it's not very well thought through considering they've shelled out £150 million so far, not to mention the £800 million spent post-Fergie prior to that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So you're saying the Glazers have merely been posturing this summer, putting the word out that they intend to spend large but pulling out of the deal when it seemingly gets close to completion?

That's your opinion, if so, and frankly it's not very well thought through considering they've shelled out £150 million so far, not to mention the £800 million spent post-Fergie prior to that.
They have certainly been posturing. Also the 150m supposedly shelled out they are about to recoup most of that in player sales over the next month

TrueRed79

Trimming the squad and wage bill for an assault on the EL. Can't friggin wait. What a time to be alive.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They have certainly been posturing. Also the 150m supposedly shelled out they are about to recoup most of that in player sales over the next month
This is kind of a pointless argument since we can't prove it one way or the other, but for the record, I completely disagree. The £800 million spending spree post-fergie all but dispells the notion.

TrueRed79

This is kind of a pointless argument since we can't prove it one way or the other, but for the record, I completely disagree. The £800 million spending spree post-fergie all but dispells the notion.
Yeah whatever. They have also drained 1.2B out of the club at the same time.

Roboc7

Don't think there is any way to try and get them out.

It will be if and when they choose - it is too easy for them to milk the club for cash at the moment.

Fans will not stop going to games and they know that.
Exactly the only way to get them out is for fans to stop going to games and everyone knows that will never happen. The loyalty of fans makes them perfect to be exploited, Glazers will line their pockets for years to come yet and will only sell on their terms.

This isn’t a football club anymore and might not be one again for a decade or more. Wouldn’t be surprised if this season is a total disaster and our worst ever Premier League season. This time next year though all season tickets will still have been sold.

edgar allan

That's your opinion, if so, and frankly, it's not very well thought through considering they've shelled out £150 million so far, not to mention the £800 million spent post-Fergie prior to that.
150 minus the 80 for lukaku and 10 for fellaini.
60 million net spend on a team in dire need of investment?? They gave themselves more in dividends.

lysglimt

Scout

Well put!

lysglimt

Scout
We have not replaced two midfielders and a forward. It is a absolutely diabolical transfer window.
You would have been fun when we sold Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince - and replaced them with no one. There were people then who wanted Ferguson sacked - despite him winning a few League titles earlier.

The same people who complained about Fellaini and Lukaku being the worst players on the planet now complain that we haven't replaced them. Why would we - they were apparently useless, so clearly a couple of youngsters can replace them easily ?

Lentwood

The Glazers have spent £46.1m per annum NET on transfer since they bought United, directly in line with what they promised in 2005

Problem is, they don't seem to have accounted for the fact that this buys you nowt nowadays

macheda14

You would have been fun when we sold Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince - and replaced them with no one. There were people then who wanted Ferguson sacked - despite him winning a few League titles earlier.

The same people who complained about Fellaini and Lukaku being the worst players on the planet now complain that we haven't replaced them. Why would we - they were apparently useless, so clearly a couple of youngsters can replace them easily ?
I agree with you mostly, like I’m loving seeing people say lost 2 important midfielders (1 being Fellaini) when they were calling for his head. But I still think for us to properly compete you’d want to replace your bad players with much better players, not untested kids - who hopefully we actually see a lot a lot of.