#GlazersOut

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
25th worldwide trend. I feel proud of the ones in here supporting the movement, sick of the ones defending and saying that it could be worse, I hope you don't make decisions in life with the same mentality.

Cloud7

Is it anyone but the Glazer's? If new owners are to come in what's to say they will run the club better?
This is what worries me to be honest. We could end up with an owner like Kroenke who funnels money out of the club to invest in their other businesses (as opposed to spending more money than every club in the world bar 2 as we have) or like the chaos Venky’s have overseen at Blackburn. Fair enough we could possibly get owners who would structure the footballing side of things better, but we could very very easily get someone much worse.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
165 k tweets . Thats huge . Dont remember the figure last wednesday but i think this topped it . Club twitter and facebook have been silent . Crerand show cancelled , people have actually given up mutv subscriptions too.
This wont push them out but is sending a message of discontent, ed’s business pitches are about twitter and this is hitting the club where it ll hurt. Remember ed saying Alexis signing tweet was retweeted 2 million times to investors and how it was a worldwide trend , well the social media team at united will know the discontent and this wont be good for his standing . As far as getting the glazers out goes, this is the starting step not the final push, demonstrations at games, banners, walkouts that will happen once the discontent is shown and shared by everyone . Very sure any announcement on AWB will be met the #glazersout and # Woodwardout. Not fair on Awb but club takes precedence. The only thing that helps glazers is team actually performing well this season which is not a given. First game will be huge, hope there is green and gold.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
165 k tweets . Thats huge . Dont remember the figure last wednesday but i think this topped it . Club twitter and facebook have been silent . Crerand show cancelled , people have actually given up mutv subscriptions too.
This wont push them out but is sending a message of discontent, ed’s business pitches are about twitter and this is hitting the club where it ll hurt. Remember ed saying Alexis signing tweet was retweeted 2 million times to investors and how it was a worldwide trend , well the social media team at united will know the discontent and this wont be good for his standing . As far as getting the glazers out goes, this is the starting step not the final push, demonstrations at games, banners, walkouts that will happen once the discontent is shown and shared by everyone . Very sure any announcement on AWB will be met the #glazersout and # Woodwardout. Not fair on Awb but club takes precedence. The only thing that helps glazers is team actually performing well this season which is not a given. First game will be huge, hope there is green and gold.
In your dreams.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I don't think #Glazersout will work, but there is a surefire way to get rid of Woodward.

Target our sponsors.
Spam them on Twitter.
Boycott their products.

Sponsors are a huge source of income, so they have a say. This will hit the Glazers' pockets, which is much more important to them than our acceptance.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Mostly old farts who are probably 50+ dont seem to be in favour of this hashtag, probably failed in 2005 and cant fathom this working. Twitter has a lot of power, its not going to be just on twitter though.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I'm going to repeat my stance one more time because I feel this would be a more effective way of mass action.

If you really want to hurt the club and/or force a change, then there is arguably just one way to do this. Going directly for the Glazers is just foolish. They don't give a rat's ass about stuff that trends on Twitter.

Our matchday revenue was £109 million.
So should we boycott the matches? Nope. We've tried this and it just doesn't work. People who've paid for a ticket will not want to lose out on the experience. Oh, and if you don't renew your season ticket then someone else will lap it up.

So what do we do? Sponsorship sabotage.
Our sponsorship revenue for the season ending June 2018 was £173 million.

It is much more damaging for a brand if a big company like Chevrolet or Kohler trend. We have many smaller sponsors whose brand will suffer even more if it trends for the wrong reasons. Some will spin it and say there is no such thing as bad publicity. It'll get people talking about the brand! Yes, but it will also get people talking about the Glazers and Woodward.

Sponsorship pressure is what will bring about a change, because that's where the money lies. That's how we can pickpocket the Glazers, and force them to bend to the public's will. They probably won't sell the club, but they sure as hell will minimize Woodward's role.

Lentwood

This is what worries me to be honest. We could end up with an owner like Kroenke who funnels money out of the club to invest in their other businesses (as opposed to spending more money than every club in the world bar 2 as we have) or like the chaos Venky’s have overseen at Blackburn. Fair enough we could possibly get owners who would structure the footballing side of things better, but we could very very easily get someone much worse.
That's like saying there is no point fighting anything that's bad because there is always something slightly worse. As far as owners go, the Glazers MIGHT not literally be THE worst ever, but they are certainly in the bottom few percent...

Lentwood

I'm going to repeat my stance one more time because I feel this would be a more effective way of mass action.

If you really want to hurt the club and/or force a change, then there is arguably just one way to do this. Going directly for the Glazers is just foolish. They don't give a rat's ass about stuff that trends on Twitter.

Our matchday revenue was £109 million.
So should we boycott the matches? Nope. We've tried this and it just doesn't work. People who've paid for a ticket will not want to lose out on the experience. Oh, and if you don't renew your season ticket then someone else will lap it up.

So what do we do? Sponsorship sabotage.
Our sponsorship revenue for the season ending June 2018 was £173 million.

It is much more damaging for a brand if a big company like Chevrolet or Kohler trend. We have many smaller sponsors whose brand will suffer even more if it trends for the wrong reasons. Some will spin it and say there is no such thing as bad publicity. It'll get people talking about the brand! Yes, but it will also get people talking about the Glazers and Woodward.

Sponsorship pressure is what will bring about a change, because that's where the money lies. That's how we can pickpocket the Glazers, and force them to bend to the public's will. They probably won't sell the club, but they sure as hell will minimize Woodward's role.
I agree with most of this. I do think Match Day protests are valuable because whilst I get that the commercial impact is minimal, it would help raise awareness amongst the wider media and non-Utd fans.

I am 100% with you on the sponsors. Brands manage their image and associations very, very carefully. Hence why they pay millions to organisations like Manchester United to improve their image and increase their exposure. It should not be underestimated how important this is in the modern age. Strategic partnerships and sponsorship are decisions taken at Board-level.

The club is not currently performing on the pitch and we have no CL football....therefore exposure for sponsors has already taken a hit. If fans then hit them with targeted social media protests, they will soon start to distance themselves from the club* to protect their brand from any negativity.

My idea is simple - use social media to highlight TRUE facts/stories about sponsors which they would rather not have in the spotlight with the hashtag #GlazersOut

For example, if Mlily are found to have huge gender pay gaps or pay poor wages in their Chinese factories (I don't know this, just examples), then United fans tweet this on Social Media, tag Mlily and #GlazersOut. I guarantee that this would panic people at the very top of Mlily and put serious pressure on the marketing teams to look elsewhere for far less troublesome sponsors, let's face it, there are loads of other options.

Think about it.....pressure from Mlily Board leads to sponsorship money going elsewhere....shareholders at United then start to ask questions of Ed/the owners.....the share price falls.....serious questions would be asked of the senior management and the direction of the club

*I get that this would hurt the club in the short term, but unfortunately the club is on the road to ruin at the moment and we're in a fight to survive. It's going to have to get worse before it gets better unfortunately

Cloud7

That's like saying there is no point fighting anything that's bad because there is always something slightly worse. As far as owners go, the Glazers MIGHT not literally be THE worst ever, but they are certainly in the bottom few percent...
I guess that depends on what your assessment of just how bad they are is, which is in itself an individual thing. And someone like Kroenke or Mike Ashley or the Sunderland people isn’t slightly worse, it’s much worse.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t welcome owners who are a bit more proactive, or at least ensure that the board they leave the running of the club to are a bit more proactive rather than our reactive collection of people; I would be happy with that, but I just don’t see it as a 99% of owners would be better than the glazers type of situation.

Womp

idiot
Have any big personalities commented on this movement? This seems like the sort of thing Rio should be talking about. Scholes since becoming a pundit hasn't been able to shut his mouth about us either. Their words are what will get the media talking more.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I agree with most of this. I do think Match Day protests are valuable because whilst I get that the commercial impact is minimal, it would help raise awareness amongst the wider media and non-Utd fans.

I am 100% with you on the sponsors. Brands manage their image and associations very, very carefully. Hence why they pay millions to organisations like Manchester United to improve their image and increase their exposure. It should not be underestimated how important this is in the modern age. Strategic partnerships and sponsorship are decisions taken at Board-level.

The club is not currently performing on the pitch and we have no CL football....therefore exposure for sponsors has already taken a hit. If fans then hit them with targeted social media protests, they will soon start to distance themselves from the club* to protect their brand from any negativity.

My idea is simple - use social media to highlight TRUE facts/stories about sponsors which they would rather not have in the spotlight with the hashtag #GlazersOut

For example, if Mlily are found to have huge gender pay gaps or pay poor wages in their Chinese factories (I don't know this, just examples), then United fans tweet this on Social Media, tag Mlily and #GlazersOut. I guarantee that this would panic people at the very top of Mlily and put serious pressure on the marketing teams to look elsewhere for far less troublesome sponsors, let's face it, there are loads of other options.

Think about it.....pressure from Mlily Board leads to sponsorship money going elsewhere....shareholders at United then start to ask questions of Ed/the owners.....the share price falls.....serious questions would be asked of the senior management and the direction of the club

*I get that this would hurt the club in the short term, but unfortunately the club is on the road to ruin at the moment and we're in a fight to survive. It's going to have to get worse before it gets better unfortunately
Succinctly put!

This WILL work. Spread the word people! Be smart with how you voice your disapproval!

Fergie's gum

I don't think #Glazersout will work, but there is a surefire way to get rid of Woodward.

Target our sponsors.
Spam them on Twitter.
Boycott their products.

Sponsors are a huge source of income, so they have a say. This will hit the Glazers' pockets, which is much more important to them than our acceptance.
This is exactly what #GlazersOut has been doing. You haven't been paying attention. It's not just a hashtag like some think, it's kicking them wher it hurts the most

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
This is exactly what #GlazersOut has been doing. You haven't been paying attention. It's not just a hashtag like some think, it's kicking them wher it hurts the most
Well, that's great news! I hope everyone is on the same page. I wasn't. But I'm not renowned for my powers of attentiveness.

I'd just change #glazersout with something more realistic, such as #woodwardout. Or #unsponsorunited.

Because the Glazers ain't goin' nowhere.

Infra-red

A burst pipe that happened a few months ago and was fixed immediately. Hardly something that can be blamed on the Glazers.
That is rain water coming in through the leaky OT roof during a storm just before the derby defeat in April.

The media had a lot of metaphor-related fun with it at the time.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Mostly old farts who are probably 50+ dont seem to be in favour of this hashtag, probably failed in 2005 and cant fathom this working. Twitter has a lot of power, its not going to be just on twitter though.
A few things to unpick here...

First of all: A lot of the Red Issue/IMUSA crowd were in their mid 20s to early 30s around the time of the takeover. One of the FCUM steering Committee was as young as 25. Hardly “old farts”...

Second: I think what’s annoyed a lot of people is that when the hardcore of our support were rallying against this in 2005, they were told to shut up and stop moaning. Told to “fu** off and support Chelsea by the Manager.

14 years later, the anger is still there but there’s just an awful lot of cynicism against a campaign that’s seemingly only started up again because we haven’t signed more players.

The protests from 98 - 05 were based on fighting for the very soul of MUFC. It’s worth noting that the potests against Murdoch in 98 were just as vocal, even though he would have given us millions more to spend and would have probably resulted in us dominating for decades.

These protests are reactionary and would probably die off if we signed Mbappe (or someone else of that ilk) tomorrow.

blythy

Fascist Dictator

First of all: A lot of the Red Issue/IMUSA crowd were in their mid 20s to early 30s around the time of the takeover. One of the FCUM steering Committee was as young as 25. Hardly “old farts”...

Second: I think what’s annoyed a lot of people is that when the hardcore of our support were rallying against this in 2005, they were told to shut up and stop moaning. Told to “fu** off and support Chelsea by the Manager.

14 years later, the anger is still there but there’s just an awful lot of cynicism against a campaign that’s seemingly only started up again because we haven’t signed more players.

The protests from 98 - 05 were based on fighting for the very soul of MUFC. It’s worth noting that the potests against Murdoch in 98 were just as vocal, even though he would have given us millions more to spend and would have probably resulted in us dominating for decades.

These protests are reactionary and would probably die off if we signed Mbappe (or someone else of that ilk) tomorrow.
Spot on

Lentwood

I guess that depends on what your assessment of just how bad they are is, which is in itself an individual thing. And someone like Kroenke or Mike Ashley or the Sunderland people isn’t slightly worse, it’s much worse.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t welcome owners who are a bit more proactive, or at least ensure that the board they leave the running of the club to are a bit more proactive rather than our reactive collection of people; I would be happy with that, but I just don’t see it as a 99% of owners would be better than the glazers type of situation.
Mike Ashley is not worse, on par maybe....he does exactly the same thing the Glazers do but on a smaller scale

Kroenke lacks ambition, but Arsenal do at least have a new stadium.

Saffron

Have any big personalities commented on this movement? This seems like the sort of thing Rio should be talking about. Scholes since becoming a pundit hasn't been able to shut his mouth about us either. Their words are what will get the media talking more.
Beckham draped a Green and Gold scarf around his neck once.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/mar/11/david-beckham-green-gold-manchester-united

Interesting quote from the article:

Certainly the other memorable image of last night – Avram Glazer laughing as the banners went up around him and the chants got louder – did not suggest they feel unduly threatened.

I Am Zlatan

Posted #glazersout on my men’s fashion Instagram account (250k followers) as a story, only 16k viewed the story and made a poll if people agreed and 75% said yes

Josep Dowling

Mike Ashley is not worse, on par maybe....he does exactly the same thing the Glazers do but on a smaller scale

Kroenke lacks ambition, but Arsenal do at least have a new stadium.
Really? Arsenal are in a far worse position. We are about to spend more on a RB than their entire transfer budget this summer.

Denis79

I'm going to the game, taking out my old green and gold shirt. Not that it will make a difference but I want to show my own discontent.

Zen86

Great post

reddevil80

put perfectly:- “Old Trafford should be the visible symbol of a world‑famous institution. But it’s being allowed to decay.” This is not all down to the Glazers, however, they have known about it for years and chosen not to do anything about it. Blind ignorance, all for the lining of their own pockets. They really have to go.

Brilad

Liverpool Fan
you also had a walkout a few years back over ticketprice hikes didn't you? They responded immediately saying message understood
That’s right they banged the prices up and got told brilliantly that it wasn’t happening,thousands just got up and walked out.

To be fair to them they have excelled recently with the appointment of JUrgen and the recruitment of players .
Anything Klopp has asked for he’s basically got.

Hard to believe only a few years ago when Hicks and Gillette were the owners we were days from bankruptcy and third bottom of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brilad

Liverpool Fan

Target our sponsors.
Spam them on Twitter.
Boycott their products.

You will be surprised keep it up Liverpool fans did it to great effect when Hicks and Gillette were the owners.

Fans bombarded sponsors and financial institutions that were backing them from all over the world ,they hated it big style they couldn’t breathe and the sponsors were not happy having there systems crashed.

Last edited by a moderator:

sp_107

If we want to build a new stadium where it is going to be ??

We can't demolish the current one to build a new one means it will be few yards away or a little bit far ?

Went to watch cricket match today and on my way back to car park walk past old Trafford stadium, Felt emotional when I saw SAF/ Busby statues, seen it many times before but somehow couldnt stop thinking how nice it would be if we can get back to playing some decent football ASAP. This club and fans deserves that.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

Its their fault. Global warming is also Glazers fault
Ok, it was a burst pipe.

But could you answer this, are we/weren't we, at the forefront on British football, in all aspects? Other than marketing, which we're being caught up very quickly, is our stadium now at the forefront of British football? Do you believe our stadium needs a revamp? I get other teams have built new stadiums etc but have we even any plans for a revamp of our stadium?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Doesn't mean that it's not worth trying.
Oh I know, I never said that did I? I was responding to someone he seems to think it will work. It won't imo. Do you think it'll drive them out?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm all for fans standing up against the Glazers but the individuals like that animal abusing prick Patrick Ward who seems to leading the protest on Saturday puts me off it. I feel most United accounts are tweeting #GlazersOut for followers and retweets and don't really have a plan besides spamming twitter. At least when the last protest happened, MUST were in contact with potential buyers.