Gaming God of War (2018)

Moby

Dick
I didn't find a massive difficulty jump, more about swapping to the right weapon for the right enemy and when there are too many around, using the blades as much as possible. Sometimes you can wander into an area you are underlevelled for but besides that it shouldn't be too difficult.
I don't remember my upgrades but I don't think blades did a lot of damage for me, and I also stopped throwing the axe once I was done with early game and felt confident fighting in close quarters. So it was pretty much entirely axe melee for me and I only switched to blades for runic attacks. After a point all you need to do is keep switching between the 4 runic attacks, don't really have to bother with normal attacks.

Bosws87

Gotta use the blades 99% of the time otherwise it isn't God of War.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The whole story is ripped off from The Lion King anyway.. The boy is basically Simba and Kratos is basically Mufasa. Then you've got Baldur who is basically Scar and Faye is basically Sarabi. The whole thing is basically copying Simba's journey to adulthood, only Mufasa isn't a ghost.

Edit - Oh and Mimir? You better believe he's basically the comic relief equivalent of Timon and Pumbaa.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The whole story is ripped off from The Lion King anyway.. The boy is basically Simba and Kratos is basically Mufasa. Then you've got Baldur who is basically Scar and Faye is basically Sarabi. The whole thing is basically copying Simba's journey to adulthood, only Mufasa isn't a ghost.

Edit - Oh and Mimir? You better believe he's basically the comic relief equivalent of Timon and Pumbaa.
Isn't a Ghost? Mufasa is just the "bloody ghost of Sparta".

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not long now chaps! I'm looking forward to the new CODMW but only to tide me over until the release of GOW:R. I've loved this series since the OG GOW and I doubt my love is going to be tested this time going off the gameplay footage.

Volumiza

Not you too Volu! :(
Yeah, 'fraid so dude. Not only do I love all the GOW games, I really struggle to understand why people don't. What's not to love? (that was a rhetorical question by the way before loads of people reply telling what they don't love :))

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah, 'fraid so dude. Not only do I love all the GOW games, I really struggle to understand why people don't. What's not to love? (that was a rhetorical question by the way before loads of people reply telling what they don't love :))
For what it's worth, I really enjoyed watching the game. My housemate at the time played it on the big TV so I saw quite a lot of the story while I was dipping in and out of the room. Just didn't translate into me enjoying playing it for whatever reason.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
For what it's worth, I really enjoyed watching the game. My housemate at the time played it on the big TV so I saw quite a lot of the story while I was dipping in and out of the room. Just didn't translate into me enjoying playing it for whatever reason.
Stick to Fall Guys x

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wish they'd make DMC 6. All GOW does is make me long for that. Infinitely better and more challenging gameplay.

I'll definitely also get Ragnarok though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wish they'd make DMC 6. All GOW does is make me long for that. Infinitely better and more challenging gameplay.

They're nothing alike, unless you're comparing the old GoW games to DmC?

Volumiza

I dunno about that dude, I love both series' but they scratch very different itches. GOW is definitely a slower, more heavily narrative driven spectacle / game whereas DMC are more frantic, combat heavy affairs. Love them both.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They're nothing alike, unless you're comparing the old GoW games to DmC?
All GoW games except the last one were quite similar. I enjoyed the last game for what it was, but when I think God of War I still think killing room after room of mobs and not Kratos scolding his boy.