Gaming God of War (2018)

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
You can level up your weapon and armor along with the sprecial attacks. Each equiment can be leveled up to 3 times with some upto 4. Plus armor has enchantment slots (upto 3) which cannot be upgraded but they contribute to your stats. Level of all your gear determines your character level.
Guessing it's either material (drops) or experience (kills) bound?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They both looked so much like Kraros and his son that I don't think they will end up others. The fact that Kraros kept staring at it for a few minutes as if it's his fate also points to that. Can't wait to see their ideas about the sequel.
Loki is mythologically known as the trickster, mischeavious God after all. Could be him pretending to kill Kratos for whatever reason.

Really can’t wait to see what’ll happen next game. They’ve definitely kept some amazing God/boss fights stored away - Loki, Odin, etc. Can’t wait to go to Asgard too.

Maybe they’ll have Kratos end up dead in Valhalla and then return and Atreus will have aged and become a completely different person? Would prevent the father-son dynamic from becoming stale too.

el3mel

Loki is mythologically known as the trickster, mischeavious God after all. Could be him pretending to kill Kratos for whatever reason.

Really can’t wait to see what’ll happen next game. They’ve definitely kept some amazing God/boss fights stored away - Loki, Odin, etc. Can’t wait to go to Asgard too.

Maybe they’ll have Kratos end up dead in Valhalla and then return and Atreus will have aged and become a completely different person? Would prevent the father-son dynamic from becoming stale too.
Thinking about it, the first thing the boy thought about after knowing he's a God midway in the game was turning to an animal. We should have read it tbh. :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Kratod might die but he will never be gone for long because the entire game rests on him. The game developers know that but will use Kratos' "death" as a plot twist to affect things like @DWelbz19 said it.
I definitely think they will use time passing at different paces in different realms too. So fecking excited for it tbh.
I am torn between wanting an early (even yearly) realease and wanting them to take their time

izzydiggler

Finished it earlier. I love the other games and was slightly worried it would be too different. I really enjoyed playing it a lot, it's graphically stunning, combat was good (although the enemy variety was a little disappointing, especially as some seem to take forever to down) and there was some great moments and the father/son dynamic worked really well.

But I did miss some of the things that made the earlier games so memorable and there were a few issues.

The constant tracking back was really tedious - having to change realms, takes forever, possibly a way to hide the loading screens but especially when travelling to areas to 'mop up', it just kills nomentum and I've not got the drive to find all the collectables, partly because of it.

The much publicised single camera shot is something I'd probably not have noticed unless it was pointed out. It felt to me that the game could have done with a bit more of the epic scale of it's predecessors. I get it's supposed to be more grounded and personal etc but I think it came at a cost. Same with some of the boss battles - too many 'cookie cutter' troll battles that play exactly the same as each other. I missed the epic battles - although a few were still very good, there were a lot that were a bit medicore - the initial 'Stranger' fight was great but it's right at the start of the game.

My main gripe was with the story though - it held my attention and was engaged but the end seemed such an anticlimax, bar the final revelation. Constant fetch quests amongst the promise of an epic story or Odin and Thor getting involved (with several realms teased that you can't even access) but despite it being a long game, I felt the ending came really quickly it was a bit flat. I know they're setting up sequels but it seemed to me that it would have been better with less of the backtracking fetch quests and more of a linear story with the addition of some other Norse Gods to fight against.

I still really enjoyed the game a lot but don't feel it's the perfect master piece some think it is.

DWelbz19

Kratod might die but he will never be gone for long because the entire game rests on him. The game developers know that but will use Kratos' "death" as a plot twist to affect things like @DWelbz19 said it.
I definitely think they will use time passing at different paces in different realms too. So fecking excited for it tbh.
I am torn between wanting an early (even yearly) realease and wanting them to take their time
I know the speculation is on a trilogy but I think I’d prefer if it was just one more game to finalise the Norse mythology. Because of the below:

At one point the game hints at Egyptian gods. It’s one where you’re trying to flip Tyr’s travel temple on its head and going through the traps and come across a little Sphinx. Imagine how fecking crazy that would be.

kouroux

I know the speculation is on a trilogy but I think I’d prefer if it was just one more game to finalise the Norse mythology. Because of the below:

At one point the game hints at Egyptian gods. It’s one where you’re trying to flip Tyr’s travel temple on its head and going through the traps and come across a little Sphinx. Imagine how fecking crazy that would be.
If it's long enough then why not. It should be twice longer than this one ideally and on the PS5. I just cannot wait :(
Wanna smash Odin and Thor because they have done everything to make us hate them

Coxy

How far am I?
im just heading black to the witch - recently defeated the dragon and found out who the stranger is..

Oo0AahCantona

Just finished it 9.5/10 for me, but
the ending just kind of came out of knowhere with no gravitas, it was beautiful and all but it felt like the game was missing a final act. Perhaps that’s why they left the other untraveled realms and big fights for the sequel.

Castia

This game is just so good, it starts brilliant and just gets better.

I’m yet to finish it but it’s already up there with my favourite ever games.

kouroux

Just finished it 9.5/10 for me, but
the ending just kind of came out of knowhere with no gravitas, it was beautiful and all but it felt like the game was missing a final act. Perhaps that’s why they left the other untraveled realms and big fights for the sequel.
I also had that feeling.
For me it was mainly the way Kratos killed Baldur, it was a bit too quick but understandable because he doesn't wanna show his true beastmode to his son and also Freya was there. I have no doubt at some point Kratos will go truly nuts on a boss. GOW 3 had some crazy kills with Poseidon, Hercules and Zeus

DWelbz19

"You know what? I'll save this story for another time..."

Jev

Am I alone in thinking it gets slightly repetitive? Was really hooked at first but now I find myself loading up the game much less frequently. Still a gorgeous game with great mechanics, just maybe a tad too long considering the lack of variation.

el3mel

Am I alone in thinking it gets slightly repetitive? Was really hooked at first but now I find myself loading up the game much less frequently. Still a gorgeous game with great mechanics, just maybe a tad too long considering the lack of variation.
If you're playing on normal rises the difficulty to hard. Normal is pretty easy and boring. Otherwise, the game has the perfect length imo.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm thinking about selling the game before it drops in value, I was offered the same as I paid for it minus 10$, but I haven't done all the side quests yet, what should I do?

Eriku

The 'boy' has turned into a horrible little turd. I want to kill him.
Yeah, you really do wish you could use the Spartan rage to beat some sense into him at that point.

Anyhooo... finished the base game, have a few side quests left. Glad to see that there's more dialogue to make it feel like the game's still got something to offer besides completionism.

One of my favourite bits so far has been this little nugget from Mimir, as Atreus is trying to get his head around the in-fighting among Elves:

Mimir's delivery is absolutely perfect :lol:

The Bloody-Nine

Finished it. One of my games of the generation. Kratos is my favourite video game character of all time.

I had played all of the previous games (including the hand held ones), bar Ascension, prior to starting this one. I grabbed it used for 8 quid last week. On to that one now, apparently it's set immediately after GOW1.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I think I'm near the end now and it's definitely one of the best I've played this generation and that's saying something.

In fact this generation has been ridiculous looking back. So many games in the last few years alone that could probably make my top 10 or 15 ever. (Witcher 3, Persona 5, Divinity 2, Zelda, Horizon, and now this).

Cloud7

Finished it tonight. What a ride that was and what an ending. Can’t wait for the sequel, really set up very nicely. Don’t have much idea where they’re planning to go with the story, which is what I love. Keep me guessing until I get there.

kouroux

Finished it tonight. What a ride that was and what an ending. Can’t wait for the sequel, really set up very nicely. Don’t have much idea where they’re planning to go with the story, which is what I love. Keep me guessing until I get there.
It's very easy where they're going to go with it, they didn't really hide it all game long

Castia

Just finished the main story, what an amazing game.

Kratos is a fecking bad ass.

onemanarmy

I'm sad I finished it. Will roam around a bit more to do the side quests. One of the games I'll surely play again some day.

Donut

I'm sad I finished it. Will roam around a bit more to do the side quests. One of the games I'll surely play again some day.
There are the challenges and a grindy area, plus the valkyries. It's still good for half an hour or something a day, since the combat is so fun.

kouroux

A question for those who finished the game
I know Thor has been on Giant killing spree before the game and has destroyed most of the ones who were in Midgard. I just wonder about the ones laying dead in Jotunheim. What killed them and when did it all happen ? I mean there seemed to hundreds of them dead . Somehow I feel like I missed a part of the story

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
A question for those who finished the game
I know Thor has been on Giant killing spree before the game and has destroyed most of the ones who were in Midgard. I just wonder about the ones laying dead in Jotunheim. What killed them and when did it all happen ? I mean there seemed to hundreds of them dead . Somehow I feel like I missed a part of the story
It's never revealed what happened there, remember during the game it mentioned that all the giants disappeared to jotunheim and sealed/hid the doorway a very long time ago. And that's the last anyone heard from them. I'm sure the reason will form part of the storyline for the next game, I reckon we will probably find out it was Odin and Thor that committed this genocide and sealed the doors

doomy20

Halfway through and it still brings sooo much fun and excitement! I am usually very exhausted after 10 hour office days and can´t find the motivation to play but GoW4 is different, you just want to play.
Are u guys all playing on hard settings? I´m playing the "normal" mode and still find it quite challenging, I also die regularely.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Halfway through and it still brings sooo much fun and excitement! I am usually very exhausted after 10 hour office days and can´t find the motivation to play but GoW4 is different, you just want to play.
Are u guys all playing on hard settings? I´m playing the "normal" mode and still find it quite challenging, I also die regularely.
I started on normal then changed it to hard once I beat the boss in Alfheim.

I felt I'd gotten well into the rhythm of the combat by then and normal enemy encounters weren't posing too much of a challenge by then.