Golf 2019

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Today I learned that you can now putt with the flag in.

I don't like this rule change.

Dyslexic Untied

Today I learned that you can now putt with the flag in.

I don't like this rule change.
It saves a bit of time I guess. I still feel that it disrupts my "vision" of the putt, so I normally take it out at least on short to medium putts. I'll leave it in for longer putts (typically the ones where you would previously have someone holding the flag) and for downhill putts where I feel the flag might help me if I put too much pace on it.

Ainu

McIlroy with his second FedEx cup win. All in all, with a Players, Tour Championship + FedEx win and another PGA event, you'd think that's a great season. But his non-performances at the majors will tell a different story. If only he could bring this sort of form to the majors.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It saves a bit of time I guess. I still feel that it disrupts my "vision" of the putt, so I normally take it out at least on short to medium putts. I'll leave it in for longer putts (typically the ones where you would previously have someone holding the flag) and for downhill putts where I feel the flag might help me if I put too much pace on it.
This is why I don't like it, it can save an overhit putt which just doesn't seem right to me.

A 2 stroke penalty for hitting the flag makes sense.

Next they'll let you ground your club in a hazard!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Woods wins 82nd PGA title:

'Tiger Woods equalled Sam Snead’s record of 82 PGA Tour titles when he won the Zozo Championship in Japan by three shots from local favourite Hideki Matsuyama and six ahead of Rory Mcilroy.

Bad weather meant the leaders had to finish on Monday with Woods having seven holes left of his fourth round. It was the second title of the year for Woods, who won the Masters in April, his 15th major. Snead, who died in 2002 aged 89, won the last of his titles in 1965.

Woods won his first title in 1996 in Las Vegas, with his first major coming at the Masters the following year.

Woods, who has had four back surgeries, said: “This was a big win. It’s just crazy. It’s a lot. I’ve been consistent most of my career. Today was one of those days when I was able to pull it out.”'

https://www.skysports.com/golf/scorecard/2081/the-zozo-championship

DVG7

Not sure if this thread can be used for just general golf chat or not, but what an incredible season that was. I never realized how beneficial 18 holes can be in terms of gaining clients/keeping existing ones happy, it really is such a social sport. I was happy to see my average score go down on my home course from low 90s to mid 80s, with a couple of freak high 70's in there.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me about the pro's is how straight that trailing arm is on the back swing. I'm sure it's a flexibility thing but i just can't do it. Knowing that the courses i'm playing on these guys would probably consistently be on 59 watch just amazes me, the level of consistency required far surpasses most other sports.