Golf 2022

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Going to watch the 1/6 hearing, but interested in how the crowds are treating the LIV guys.

FriedClams

To slightly better golfers than me, any tips to training on a simulator?

my local golf shop runs a gym like membership. 3 hours a week (give or take a bit) on the sim for $20. Can’t beat it but I’d like to get my monies worth. I’ve been going to just use the range but last couple of times I’ve taken a crack at some courses.

The problem I find is that unless it’s a par 3 course, actual course play seems to be a waste of time as there’s no penalty really for shit lies etc and there’s feck all feedback for around the greens
Your current handicap will give a good indication as to how beneficial it will be. All the numbers you get from a simulator become more helpful as you get into the single digits. But a high handicapper who wants to get better, stay away from mats in general, if you spend too much time there you'll subconsciously build your swing to expect the matt to provide protection for when your club hits the ground, so you will chunk it a lot. almost unavoidable over 18 holes.if you have the option, practice on grass, always.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Course looked lush & green a couple of hours ago. Now it’s getting nice & drier & a bit crispy.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Proper course this one. Not had a U.S Open since 1988, been restored recently to reflect the original design and playing intention.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Proper course this one. Not had a U.S Open since 1988, been restored recently to reflect the original design and playing intention.
Some of the teeing ground angles & green complexes are so old school, I have a crush on the course.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Matthew Fitzpatrick just hit a floppy chip cross handed & he holed it. That’s a brilliant way to hit many short shots around the green.

FriedClams

Liv kind of needs its players to do well in this tournament. Otherwise will just give credence to the PGA who will have a field day tweeting about it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Liv kind of needs its players to do well in this tournament. Otherwise will just give credence to the PGA who will have a field day tweeting about it.
Not really. Liv is here to stay, for at least the next 5 years. What happens here will be forgotten about in a few weeks time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My god, Fluff is still caddying on Furyk’s bag. Looks completely different v. the Tiger days.

FriedClams

Not really. Liv is here to stay, for at least the next 5 years. What happens here will be forgotten about in a few weeks time.
It won’t get any kind of viewership in the future if the pga can say “all your guys suck at the majors”

Flip side, if DJ wins….

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Laura Davies is really good on commentary but sounds so much younger than she is.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow, the fairways are giving up British Open run outs. This could get real fun if the winds stay up.

e - a ball hit the 200 yard marker & rolled out 73 yards. I’m an idiot. :lol:

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’ve seen wedges off of hospitality porches before, but I don’t recall ever seeing a three metal off such, especially by a tournament leader…

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Bye, bye Phillip.
From one of the tours most popular players to someone people are watching miss the cut with glee. With the money he got he likely doesn't care too much, but it has got to sting a little

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
From one of the tours most popular players to someone people are watching miss the cut with glee. With the money he got he likely doesn't care too much, but it has got to sting a little

He’s able to pay off the bookies much more quickly now.