Golf 2022

Carolina Red

Staff
Entitled to relief from an unmovable man made obstruction, either in it or line of sight. Stands constitute this. That’s why pros sometimes play into them for the free drop.

An example of a moveable obstruction is a hazard stake, if you aren’t in the hazard, one can remove a stake if it is in their swing path or in their live of sight to the pin.

That said, that fecking cnut doesn’t deserve a drop from anything.
I think the point he’s making, that I agree with, is “you’re a pro, don’t hit it behind the stands on the wrong hole”.

Not only did he get free relief from the stands, he got to take his ball out of knee high rough and put it on a perfect lie.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think the point he’s making, that I agree with, is “you’re a pro, don’t hit it behind the stands on the wrong hole”.

Not only did he get free relief from the stands, he got to take his ball out of knee high rough and put it on a perfect lie.
Rules are rules, he was entitled to it. But it pisses me off that it was him gaining positive relief. I was all for Spieth gaining positive relief in 2015 (I think it was 2015) when he went all over the place on that one hole.

Typically, Bryson would have been OB on a PGA Tour course with no relief possible except to fish out a new ball hitting three off the tee.

You are right, the Old Course seems very get-able today. Doubt Kisner’s round will stand as low for the day.

Carolina Red

Staff
Rules are rules, he was entitled to it. But it pisses me off that it was him gaining positive relief. I was all for Spieth gaining positive relief in 2015 (I think it was 2015) when he went all over the place on that one hole.

Typically, Bryson would have been OB on a PGA Tour course with no relief possible except to fish out a new ball hitting three off the tee.

You are right, the Old Course seems very get-able today. Doubt Kisner’s round will stand as low for the day.
I guess my biggest thing is instead of getting “relief” it was like he was getting a “reward” by coming out of the rough completely.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Happy for Hovland or Rory to take charge here. Don't want that fanny with the rat moustache to win.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Top 7 on the leaderboard right now has five of the top 10 on the World Golf rankings plus Dustin Johnson. This is pretty great

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not been able to watch any of the Open but it looks like the LIV golfers, after talking a bunch of shit after day 1, are shitting the bed. You hate to see it.

Zen

Rory's got to play at some absurd levels, consistently, to actually a win Major doesn't he? He keeps recovering to get himself back in there Major after Major, but I think he truly really wants this one, he can't fold now.... wins this and follows it up with a smashfest at the Masters which he's mega capable of and it cements him top 10 though. C'mon Rory, pull it through.

Carolina Red

Staff
Rory's got to play at some absurd levels, consistently, to actually a win Major doesn't he? He keeps recovering to get himself back in there Major after Major, but I think he truly really wants this one, he can't fold now.... wins this and follows it up with a smashfest at the Masters which he's mega capable of and it cements him top 10 though. C'mon Rory, pull it through.
Yeah it’s like he can’t catch a break like some of those guys do who get a final round where everyone else slips up.

cyberman

Rory is finding a way to not give himself a birdie chance at any hole here. It’s impressive in a way

Doracle

Not been watching, just got in.

My mate said Rory's been a little cautious. Fair or just not happened for him today?
Standard Rory under pressure. Holes nothing and then the approach game starts to unravel. It’s still required an incredible blitz from Smith to beat him though.

Conor

Nice of Rory to save the bottling for the last day this time. Sink a fecking putt.