Golf 2022

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s kind of bonkers that there will only be 9 people who finish under par and the leader is actually at -11

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Last potential drama is his approach on 15. He is definitely down far enough to go for two, but that would be foolish.

Deery

Dreary
I could see it come down to that chip on the fourth for Scheffler.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Can’t believe he went for the green there! Was it Harrington who chipped it into the drink from over the back of the green one time?
Yep. You can also go into the water on 16 if you hit it too far over 15 green.

He was probably on a comfortable number.

Conor

Prolly a good quality to have for a pro golfer - guys like Jim Furyk and Vijay Singh never struck me as being life of the party types
Yeah but it doesn't make for a very interesting protagonist does it, I couldn't really give a shite about him being world no. 1 and winning this because of it.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yeah but it doesn't make for a very interesting protagonist does it, I couldn't really give a shite about him being world no. 1 and winning this because of it.
Doesn’t help that it’s all over too. Despite Butch repeatedly saying what else can possibly happen today - outside of Rory’s great but ultimately too late charge and Smith on 12 not much has happened :lol:

diarm

Whatever doubts people might have about his technique, you can't question the guys bottle.

He's heard the noise from Rory and Morikawa on the 18th, he's seen the score posted and he's dialled in and slammed the door shut. Bloody impressive final round.

That said, I've never seen a tournament hinge on a single shot as much as this has that chip in at the 3rd.

He was looking so nervy and Smith was absolutely flying. One chip in and everything flipped on its head.

Deery

Dreary
He’s sailed through this round , fully deserved winner made it look easier that it should.

Zen

Is he boring because he looks like a pretty regular dude and isn't ultra jacked like the rest of them? Because I don't recall many a golfer well, not being boring really, even Tiger, though we simply didn't know there :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Scheffler reminds me of Cantlay. Absolutely feck all personality but great at golf.

They're like cut and paste typical Americans dad's.

diarm

I'm also pretty sure Scheffler was an extra on the Sopranos in a former life.

Conor

Doesn’t help that it’s all over too. Despite Butch repeatedly saying what else can possibly happen today - outside of Rory’s great but ultimately too late charge and Smith on 12 not much has happened :lol:
Yeah Sky never stop with the ridiculous hype, it was as if McIlroy has never romped home on Sunday after playing himself out of the tournament before.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Is he boring because he looks like a pretty regular dude and isn't ultra jacked like the rest of them? Because I don't recall many a golfer well, not being boring really, even Tiger, though we simply didn't know there :lol:
Think it's the serious expression constantly. Much prefer the dudes showing a bit of emotion, hovland walking about absolutely beaming, Hatton smashing stuff, Bryson injecting roids between shots, koepka snorting coke off a strippers ass crack behind the trees on the 4th. That sort of thing.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Think it's the serious expression constantly. Much prefer the dudes showing a bit of emotion, hovland walking about absolutely beaming, Hatton smashing stuff, Bryson injecting roids between shots, koepka snorting coke off a strippers ass crack behind the trees on the 4th. That sort of thing.
That would be DJ snorting the coke.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Tiger was never boring on the course. He’s always been incredibly captivating to watch. Plays with great energy. This guy just saunters around like he’s playing for United :lol:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
That's great but we're discussing how interesting he is, so it's not massively relevant, is it?
:lol: I mean, it's golf. What do you expect? Guys like Spieth, Morikawa, Cantlay all seem fairly "boring". The ones with outsize personalities like Daly and AK don't seem to have a long shelf life.

That being said, who knows what these guys are up to in their personal life. They could be deviants like Tiger for all we know.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Tiger was never boring on the course. He’s always been incredibly captivating to watch. Plays with great energy. This guy just saunters around like he’s playing for United :lol:
I can't help but laugh and feel sad at the same time from that last sentence.

Deery

Dreary
I think it’s more to do with not hitting a lot of spectacular shots, rather than being really quite solid.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Cmon Scottie, 4 over here. Give us a glimmer for the last.

Also, kind ridiculous Scotty Cameron haven't made a big marketing deal out of this final pairing.

Tarrou

he just lacks charisma I think

but most of the modern day players fall into that category

diarm

:lol: I mean, it's golf. What do you expect? Guys like Spieth, Morikawa, Cantlay all seem fairly "boring". The ones with outsize personalities like Daly and AK don't seem to have a long shelf life.
I could watch Morikawa swing a golf club all day long. You can't be boring with a swing like that.

Zen

Give me the chain smoking and sneak off for a kebab at the 11th John Daly type over any of those nutters you've just thrown at me.