g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Golf 2022

Deery

Dreary
Scheffler looking pretty steady now though maybe not drop too many.

Carolina Red

Staff
I know it was just downhill and pros irons are customized, but Cam Smith was just 195 out with a 7iron and it’s now hole high :lol:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah, but it’s only 70ish degrees around here today.
Yeah but in my experience most in the UK express amazement at these yardages when in reality they aren’t that crazy. If Cam Smith played hit that shot on 11 on a cold winters day in the UK the club would not be the same.

Deery

Dreary
Still expecting Scheffler to get in trouble at some point but he’s maybe too far infont for it to matter now..

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah but in my experience most in the UK express amazement at these yardages when in reality they aren’t that crazy. If Cam Smith played hit that shot on 11 on a cold winters day in the UK the club would not be the same.
Hell I’m less than 90 miles from Augusta National and I’m amazed at them :lol:

BluesJr

Still expecting Scheffler to get in trouble at some point but he’s maybe too far infont for it to matter now..
Zero pressure on him now unfortunately. Very bland winner despite his hot run. Just not feeling it with him at all. If he backs it up over the next year then I’ll probably change my view.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Zero pressure on him now unfortunately. Very bland winner despite his hot run. Just not feeling it with him at all. If he backs it up over the next year then I’ll probably change my view.

Sorry but what does that even mean ? He is the world number 1 & the hottest player on tour right now

Tarrou

I stand to win $4250 AUD if Scheffler holds on but genuinely would love to see Rory win this

a play-off would be amazing

BluesJr

Sorry but what does that even mean ? He is the world number 1 & the hottest player on tour right now
He’s on a very rare hot streak. He hadn’t won a tournament 45 days ago. All just feels a bit unsustainable and I just don’t find him engaging. He’s been very consistent over the last year clearly but we’ve seen this so many times before. Players get really hot, win a major then fade back. I’m looking for more.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I stand to win $4250 AUD if Scheffler holds on but genuinely would love to see Rory win this

a play-off would be amazing

I love Rory but I wouldn’t even want that if my relative was playing let alone a random guy

Zen

Rory is still such a special player, but the fact that loads called him having an epic round now he was out of it sums him up mentally. I'd love it if he won from epic meltdown of Scottie mind, do like Rory, seems like he's genuine whereas a few of them are pretty robotic, which I guess you need to be, and is what Rory struggles with.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He’s on a very rare hot streak. He hadn’t won a tournament 45 days ago. All just feels a bit unsustainable and I just don’t find him engaging. He’s been very consistent over the last year clearly but we’ve seen this so many times before. Players get really hot, win a major then fade back. I’m looking for more.

Well even before winning the tournament he had already made the US Ryder cup team which is no mean achievement and he was rookie of the year two years back

Tarrou

I broadly agree with this, I'm not sure he has that elite technique like others who dominated the game.

If he brings this home that will be 4 wins in his last 6 tournaments though. Has anyone ever done that before?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I broadly agree with this, I'm not sure he has that elite technique like others who dominated the game.

If he brings this home that will be 4 wins in his last 6 tournaments though. Has anyone ever done that before?
Byron Nelson won eleven straight starts one year. Tiger won seven straight starts over a two year span.

BluesJr

I am a bit of a technique snob as well so that bias probably factors into it. His fundamentals are really solid it just doesn’t look good. I think Fred Couples did something similar going into the Masters way back in 92.

Zen

Well Tiger won like 6 on the bounce.... but do we write Tiger off because he is a genuine anomaly? :lol: