Golf 2023

gaffs

MAGA loving twat.

Give me Annika all day long.
Bro, Annika took the Presidential Medal of Freedom off Trump...

Plus, it is well known she is a self-interested piece of shit. She always makes everything about her.

She chucked a hissy fit on the 18th in a major last year. Kept reteeing or something, totally slowing down play for the player that was top of the leaderboard, when he was already like 10 over par.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bro, Annika took the Presidential Medal of Freedom off Trump...

Plus, it is well known she is a self-interested piece of shit. She always makes everything about her.

She chucked a hissy fit on the 18th in a major last year. Kept reteeing or something, totally slowing down play for the player that was top of the leaderboard, when he was already like 10 over par.
Not going to castigate Annika for a timing issue (whomever gets the medal can't choose when & who the president is), just would take her every time over Lexi.

Totally forgot Rush Limbaugh was once in a threesome with Trump & Lexi. No matter how that is written it is lways revolting.

Her choice of friends leaves a lot to be desired.

gaffs

Not going to castigate Annika for a timing issue (whomever gets the medal can't choose when & who the president is), just would take her every time over Lexi.

Totally forgot Rush Limbaugh was once in a threesome with Trump & Lexi. No matter how that is written it is lways revolting.

Her choice of friends leaves a lot to be desired.
Annika muscled in on the US Open this year to bow out, when it was already set up to be Michelle Wie's swansong.

Half of golfers on the PGA tour have played with Trump.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Annika muscled in on the US Open this year to bow out, when it was already set up to be Michelle Wie's swansong.

Half of golfers on the PGA tour have played with Trump.
But to say that Trump & Limbaugh are her friends loses me. No way back from that.

gaffs

But to say that Trump & Limbaugh are her friends loses me. No way back from that.
I dont give two hoots about Lexi, but was Rush Limbaugh her friend?

Or just a guy who Trump happened to invite?

Regardless, pretty impressive to have beaten about 45% of a PGA Tour field as a woman, playing off the same tees.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I dont give two hoots about Lexi, but was Rush Limbaugh her friend?

Or just a guy who Trump happened to invite?

Regardless, pretty impressive to have beaten about 45% of a PGA Tour field as a woman, pjlaying off the same tees.
She deemed both of them as such, right before she took an extended break off of social media.

Annika completed two rounds at four over par at Colonial CC, a par 70. Lexi benefitted from a course (TPC Summerlin) roughly the same length as Colonial but a par 71. One extra par 5 v a longer par 4 makes a huge difference.

e - I can't do math.

Last edited:

gaffs

She deemed both of them as such, right before she took an extended break off of social media.

Annika completed two rounds at four over par at Colonial CC, a par 70. Lexi benefitted from a course (TPC Summerlin) roughly the same length as Colonial but a par 72. Two extra par 5s v two longer par 4s makes a huge difference.
What you mean "she deemed both as such"?

Yes, she took a Trump invite, but does that mean she was a friend of Rush Limbaugh prior to the round? Did she listen to his shows?

Half of the PGA Tour have played with Trump. Tiger, DJ, Brooks, Rory.

Even Bill Clinton...

Who cares?

Why are you comparing her to Annika's PGA tour appearance in 2003? Pretty lame looking up the par of each course and using that as a reason to bash Lexi. Par, lenght or the number of par 5s dont indicate a courses difficulty. There are way too many other factors to consider.
If you want to take one that really matters, Summerlin has a 6 point higher slope than Colonial.

Did you also consider that Colonial in 2003 was a limited field event?
Not that it matters, but Annika finished in the bottom 25% of the field. Lexi in the bottom 45% of the field. So regardless of par or length and the more difficult slope, Lexi did better!

Why are you triggered, just because Lexi may happen to be a conservative? Does it matter in the context of sport?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What you mean "she deemed both as such"?

Yes, she took a Trump invite, but does that mean she was a friend of Rush Limbaugh prior to the round? Did she listen to his shows?

Half of the PGA Tour have played with Trump. Tiger, DJ, Brooks, Rory.

Even Bill Clinton...

Who cares?

Why are you comparing her to Annika's PGA tour appearance in 2003? Pretty lame looking up the par of each course and using that as a reason to bash Lexi. Par, lenght or the number of par 5s dont indicate a courses difficulty. There are way too many other factors to consider.
If you want to take one that really matters, Summerlin has a 6 point higher slope than Colonial.

Did you also consider that Colonial in 2003 was a limited field event?
Not that it matters, but Annika finished in the bottom 25% of the field. Lexi in the bottom 45% of the field. So regardless of par or length and the more difficult slope, Lexi did better!

Why are you triggered, just because Lexi may happen to be a conservative? Does it matter in the context of sport?
The round in question was in 2019, not much earlier like Clinton. Pros have tapered off playing with him for obvious reasons; do i have a rooting interest against those who still are Trump supporters? Yep, i do.

Sport tries to be played & viewed in a vacuum, but biases exist within us that make us root for or against players. I'm not shying away from mine.

Not seeing how the limited field is an issue, but okay.

Slope has more to do with making a course more playable & more competitive as an average golfer than it does for the average pros who are all basically pegged at +6 or the like.

Taking a wedge out of a pros hand & putting a mid iron at best makes a difference. That's part of the reason why US Open courses are artificially made harder by dropping two strokes. It's not 'lame' to look at how the courses are set up, again this isn't played in a vacuum.

To me, i prefer Annika. Lexi beat her on the scorecard, but, speaking of contexts of sport, Annika's foray onto the PGA Tour was orders of magnitude more difficult than Lexi's for a plethora of reasons & she posted a very credible score despite the negativity.

Toss in Lexi's political stance & it's a no-brainer for me.

We can go round & round on this a few more times, but that becomes a tad banal. You prefer Lexi, I prefer Annika & my preference includes an off the course reason.

gaffs

The round in question was in 2019, not much earlier like Clinton. Pros have tapered off playing with him for obvious reasons; do i have a rooting interest against those who still are Trump supporters? Yep, i do.

Sport tries to be played & viewed in a vacuum, but biases exist within us that make us root for or against players. I'm not shying away from mine.

Not seeing how the limited field is an issue, but okay.

Slope has more to do with making a course more playable & more competitive as an average golfer than it does for the average pros who are all basically pegged at +6 or the like.

Taking a wedge out of a pros hand & putting a mid iron at best makes a difference. That's part of the reason why US Open courses are artificially made harder by dropping two strokes. It's not 'lame' to look at how the courses are set up, again this isn't played in a vacuum.

To me, i prefer Annika. Lexi beat her on the scorecard, but, speaking of contexts of sport, Annika's foray onto the PGA Tour was orders of magnitude more difficult than Lexi's for a plethora of reasons & she posted a very credible score despite the negativity.

Toss in Lexi's political stance & it's a no-brainer for me.

We can go round & round on this a few more times, but that becomes a tad banal. You prefer Lexi, I prefer Annika & my preference includes an off the course reason.

No. I don't prefer Lexi.

No real love for her and Annika is 10x the player.

But think its unfair to just come in and devalue her achievement in the Shriners, just because of her potential political stance.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
TGL kicks off soon. In intrigued to see how this is going to work and not be gimmicky or just the boys fecking around on a sim. If they make it work… it will change golf.

Honestly surprised they haven’t gone with a huge Korean and Asian contingent given simulator use is massive in those countries where proper golf is a luxury sport for the wealthy.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
TGL kicks off soon. In intrigued to see how this is going to work and not be gimmicky or just the boys fecking around on a sim. If they make it work… it will change golf.

Honestly surprised they haven’t gone with a huge Korean and Asian contingent given simulator use is massive in those countries where proper golf is a luxury sport for the wealthy.
It sounds horrendous tbf, even worse than what LIV sounded.

mariachi-19

It sounds horrendous tbf, even worse than what LIV sounded.
You would think though that alot of them would have crashed out by now if they didn’t believe in it. It’s just hard to get excited when the format isn’t really clear.

I have no issue with sim golf (I use one a lot), but im not sure how this is going to look other than like a live stream from a video game or a crazy Japanese game show.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
At a tourney near Flagstaff, AZ, my threesome got cornered by a big fecker like this who felt the best grass to graze was the pathway from the green to the carts. Stayed put for about a half hour til it decided to mosey away. Absolute unit of an animal...

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Some interesting results for the Europeans this weekend with N Hojgaard & Aberg winning on the DP & PGA tours respectively. Both players look the part. Aberg’s rise is incredible. He’s now won on both sides of the Atlantic since turning professional in June and has multiple top 10’s already and has risen to 32 (!) in the world already. Those final 2 rounds this weekend by Aberg were particularly impressive as the scoring was low and the pressure high by the competition.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Also think the winning of PGA tour cards in the DP World really worked, despite what the critics might say I think it actually will increase the importance & standards of European tour.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Some interesting results for the Europeans this weekend with N Hojgaard & Aberg winning on the DP & PGA tours respectively. Both players look the part. Aberg’s rise is incredible. He’s now won on both sides of the Atlantic since turning professional in June and has multiple top 10’s already and has risen to 32 (!) in the world already. Those final 2 rounds this weekend by Aberg were particularly impressive as the scoring was low and the pressure high by the competition.
That course Seaside is pretty tough, but almost a touch too short. It was my summer home course for four years a while back. Aberg was shooting some good golf over the weekend to go as low as he did.

FriedClams

TGL delayed until 2025 due to stadium damage.

Honestly can’t see it ever working to the extent it’s profitable, there’s nothing fun about watching people play on a simulator, it’s only good if you’re doing it yourself. They’ve tried to answer a question no one asked.

gaffs

TGL delayed until 2025 due to stadium damage.

Honestly can’t see it ever working to the extent it’s profitable, there’s nothing fun about watching people play on a simulator, it’s only good if you’re doing it yourself. They’ve tried to answer a question no one asked.
Totally agree. It was a hair brain scheme to give players some more money at the time when LIV Golf kicked off.

As you say, no one wants to watch indoor simulator golf.

mariachi-19

Tiger Woods coming straight into the PGA Tour against arguably 20 of the best players in the world and playing as good as the current fedex champion.

The man is not human. This bullshit that he wouldn’t be as successful if you took his peak and brought it to the current generation is crap. He’s whoop their arse like he did back then.

Skåre Willoch

Whats the aim of it? And how are they going to pass that down the ladder to a random like me?
I believe the aim of it is not having to (re)build courses to be 8000+ yards, and to make older/classic courses more relevant again.

They're going to pass it down the ladder by making the golf balls of today unavailable for purchase in the future, so you'll probably lose the same % of yardage as the pros.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I believe the aim of it is not having to (re)build courses to be 8000+ yards, and to make older/classic courses more relevant again.

They're going to pass it down the ladder by making the golf balls of today unavailable for purchase in the future, so you'll probably lose the same % of yardage as the pros.
I'd be shocked if the old style balls ever were taken off of the market. No sense in reducing hit & gigglers' length & game enjoyment. There would just be two different styles on the market.

Don't see a company like Pinnacle amending the length of the balls they make. No real reason to do so.

mariachi-19

I'd be shocked if the old style balls ever were taken off of the market. No sense in reducing hit & gigglers' length & game enjoyment. There would just be two different styles on the market.

Don't see a company like Pinnacle amending the length of the balls they make. No real reason to do so.
Apparently it’s mandatory for the whole industry.

They attempted to have a different ball for the pros but it got rejected.

Skåre Willoch

What exactly are they gonna do if a company like Vice just says “feck you” and keeps making whatever they want?
The producers of balls not used by (almost) any pros might seize the opportunity to produce "hot" balls. Vice, PXG, Pinnacle etc. But the other big manufacturers will have to adjust for sure.
If they make clubs as well (like PXG), they might receive other repercussions if they continue producing illegal balls. I don't know this, but my bet is that the clubs/other equipment will be banned from the Tour as well, if the manufacturer keeps providing illegal golf balls to the market.

I also guess your playing mates will be less than happy about you playing with "llegal balls if they don't.

Carolina Red

Staff
I also guess your playing mates will be less than happy about you playing with "llegal balls if they don't
If Vice or Maxfli (and I use them since they aren’t used on tour) are making hot golf balls after the rollback, I can assure you that me and my buddies will be using them.

At that point, what’s the purpose of a casual amateur using a tour ball?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Apparently it’s mandatory for the whole industry.

They attempted to have a different ball for the pros but it got rejected.
Wow.

I would estimate that percent of single digits (probably closer to 1% than to 9%) of all rounds played per year globally are sanctioned events necessitating the slower ball. Amazing that they would potentially take enjoyment out of the game so soon after golf's popularity climbing steadily due to the pandemic.

Skåre Willoch

If Vice or Maxfli (and I use them since they aren’t used on tour) are making hot golf balls after the rollback, I can assure you that me and my buddies will be using them.

At that point, what’s the purpose of a casual amateur using a tour ball?
For sure - I'm in the same boat as you and your friends, and I think the whole rollback is stupid.
The question was "What are the changes and how will it affect me?", and I just tried to provide an answer.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Seen that Rahm joining LIV announcement is imminent. I thought that LIV & PGA had agreed a merger so what happened to that.

mariachi-19

What exactly are they gonna do if a company like Vice just says “feck you” and keeps making whatever they want?
To be fair, you think your average brand name snob gonna play with vice or max flight?

Most ams aren’t good enough to truly extract the best out of the pro v1 but they shell out a feck tonne of money for them anyway.

mariachi-19

Wow.

I would estimate that percent of single digits (probably closer to 1% than to 9%) of all rounds played per year globally are sanctioned events necessitating the slower ball. Amazing that they would potentially take enjoyment out of the game so soon after golf's popularity climbing steadily due to the pandemic.
This was the manufacturer and players choice to not have different balls.

As Rory said, he didn’t understand the opposition to tour balls considering am’s don’t play with tour level gear anyway.