Gonçalo Ramos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

How can Newcastle seriously be spending £200m under FFP?

Not a chance they make enough clean money
A few things come to mind. I know after a takeover there is some sort of grace period where new owners are allowed to inject cash, it is fairly short I believe but that would have applied here. FFP is also over 3 years, Newcastle have been spending for 18 months so have time to get their affairs in order regarding increasing revenue through completely legit sponsorship deals with companies founded in 2023 in the Cayman Islands. I think they also benefit from the fact that Ashley was particularly stingy towards the end of his reign so they probably had a ton of wiggle room within FFP when the takeover happened as they probably underspent by a fair few million in previous financial years.

croadyman

A few things come to mind. I know after a takeover there is some sort of grace period where new owners are allowed to inject cash, it is fairly short I believe but that would have applied here. FFP is also over 3 years, Newcastle have been spending for 18 months so have time to get their affairs in order regarding increasing revenue through completely legit sponsorship deals with companies founded in 2023 in the Cayman Islands. I think they also benefit from the fact that Ashley was particularly stingy towards the end of his reign so they probably had a ton of wiggle room within FFP when the takeover happened as they probably underspent by a fair few million in previous financial years.
Hopefully we will get that then

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I know Sports Witness are just an aggregator, but they really aren’t helpful picking out the bullshit speculation from Portuguese tabloids and making people think it’s a big story.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I know Sports Witness are just an aggregator, but they really aren’t helpful picking out the bullshit speculation from Portuguese tabloids and making people thing it’s a big story.
I never read their stuff for that reason. Just ignore it outright

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No secret that he reminds me of young Benzema. 30 goals and 12 assists in 48 games last season. Another season like this, we're talking about 120m at least.

Hopefully we get him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
In my eyes He is easily the deadliest striker out side Kane Osimhen - but he seems very reliant on the assist from the rest of the team whilst I’m not sure we are that creative yet.

If Ten Hag feels we are going to be creative next season - players like Mount, Bruno, Shaw, Dalot, Sancho all stepping up then he might be someone we sign.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
These feckers sold Nunez for £85m. They’re no chance this lad is going for €80m.

Golden Nugget

In my eyes He is easily the deadliest striker out side Kane Osimhen - but he seems very reliant on the assist from the rest of the team whilst I’m not sure we are that creative yet.

If Ten Hag feels we are going to be creative next season - players like Mount, Bruno, Shaw, Dalot, Sancho all stepping up then he might be someone we sign.
tbh it’s hard to be creative when your options up front is a injured statue, a horse, or a winger playing up front. Most of the time the wingers have the ball, you have a striker just standing still in the box - the last striker we had with any movement was Cavani, who did well for half a season. It’s why I’m not willing to give up on Sancho until we get a proper striker that can make runs

glasgow 21

No secret that he reminds me of young Benzema. 30 goals and 12 assists in 48 games last season. Another season like this, we're talking about 120m at least.

Hopefully we get him.
We haven't complete an A list outfield buy yet and were are most likely not going to either. If it happens with any of the A listers i will be shocked. Bayern, Real Chelsea are all in the market up front.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We haven't complete an A list outfield buy yet and were are most likely not going to either. If it happens with any of the A listers i will be shocked. Bayern, Real Chelsea are all in the market up front.
Yeah. With still a few holes to fill in our squad, it's hard to see us getting an A list player.

Rolaholic

Apparently P$G want him and Kolo-Muani signed by the end of the window with Mbappe on the way out

davidmichael

Ramos and Dembele with Neymar on the left is actually so much more balanced than anything they had last season with Messi and Mbappe to be fair, reality is outside of Kane and Osimhen there’s a genuine lack of established quality centre forwards around so Ramos is as good potentially as anyone not named Haaland.

Drizzle

Slightly cheaper than Hojlund in the end. He's more established and arguably better than Hojlund too at this point. Although I guess Hojlund has a higher ceiling and much more physicality. We'll see which one turns out better.

Nero

Slightly cheaper than Hojlund in the end. He's more established and arguably better than Hojlund too at this point. Although I guess Hojlund has a higher ceiling and much more physicality. We'll see which one turns out better.
How is he slightly cheaper? That's just the alleged offer that PSG have made.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You buy players to fit your system and playstyle though, and Ramos doesn't fit that bill for United.

Crimson King

Wondered why he didn’t feature on our striker shortlist.
He was on it, but he's a bit more of a square peg in our set up. Also, Benfica will probably want £80m+, not €80m. Us signing Højlund makes that even more inevitable.

Rolaholic

Wondered why he didn’t feature on our striker shortlist.
By most reports earlier on in the window he was along with Kolo-Muani. At some point we decided Højlund was the one for us though.

Seemingly P$G had as well seeing as they were trying to sign him before moving on to Ramos

OverratedOpinion

I say this looking purely at stats so could be wrong but it seems he is a bit of a passenger outside of scoring goals. A bit of an old fashioned poacher.

Very low on progressive passes received and his own passing and pressing numbers.

As such he would be a bit pointless to have him in our system. Ten Hag requires a hell of a lot for his starting striker so he's basically brought the one with the best raw materials to do that job.

Devil You Know

PSG made this offer AFTER bidding for Hojlund. This despite Hojlund obviously preferring United.

I think Hojlund was the one they primarily wanted. They only settled on Ramos after failing with RH.

city-puma

Then, next window, it will be Ferguson and the other young prospects waiting to be acquired by Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Arsenal, and potentially us.

L1nk

Not too bothered, Hojlund was clearly our preferred option, hell it seemed like Hojlund was PSG's preferred option considering they actually bid for him too. Only jumped to Ramos after Hojlund's signed for us

L1nk

Same money as Hojlund. So who is the better player?
Ramos is the better player currently in most ways except physicality and speed i'd say, Hojlund has the bigger potential overall. I think United saw that, as did PSG evidenced by them bidding for him first and losing out

Blood Mage

Would have preferred him to Hojlund really but oh well. He would have been a decent option for Spurs to replace Kane too, bigger loss for them really as they're running out of options.

Hoof the ball

Yeaaaaah, I'm kinda glad we didn't get Ramos now. Swiping through Ramos trending on Twitter and being exposed to Ramos wacking off and cumming really killed any enthusiasm over that move. :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I say this looking purely at stats so could be wrong but it seems he is a bit of a passenger outside of scoring goals. A bit of an old fashioned poacher.

Very low on progressive passes received and his own passing and pressing numbers.

As such he would be a bit pointless to have him in our system. Ten Hag requires a hell of a lot for his starting striker so he's basically brought the one with the best raw materials to do that job.
Doesn't seem like the stats capture him right.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Same money as Hojlund. So who is the better player?
I would say currently Ramos is the better goalscorer as he has better awareness in front of goals. His overall game seems average to me though, but he always has the awareness/sense of scoring goals in better position.

Hojlund has better potential and higher ceiling to me. He clearly has more raw qualities to develop into really top class player - he has that rare combination of pace, strength, technique and movement towards goals.

TsuWave

Seems like both United’s and PSG’s first option was Hojlund with Ramos as a fall back.

Status
Not open for further replies.