Gonçalo Ramos

Status
Not open for further replies.

acolyte

Yeaaaaah, I'm kinda glad we didn't get Ramos now. Swiping through Ramos trending on Twitter and being exposed to Ramos wacking off and cumming really killed any enthusiasm over that move. :lol:
You didn't like the quality of his finishing?

jeepers

Doesn't seem like the stats capture him right.
Didn’t know Club Brugge were so shit. The defending in that clip is embarrassing and Brugge’s n27 looks like a completely useless player.

OverratedOpinion

Doesn't seem like the stats capture him right.
Like I said I'm only looking at the stats across his last season.

Still I wouldn't say that a video of a one of game against Brugge where he had 4 good moments of link up play disproves the stats over an entire season.

dinostar77

PSG made this offer AFTER bidding for Hojlund. This despite Hojlund obviously preferring United.

I think Hojlund was the one they primarily wanted. They only settled on Ramos after failing with RH.
Ramos is 4th choice no? Osihmen too expensive even for psg under ffp, then kane said no to psg. Then hojilund said no to them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Where are the posters who said he won't go for any less than 100m

bringbackbebe

Wondered why he didn’t feature on our striker shortlist.
I can only think that a lot of thought must have gone into the process to choose Hojland over Ramos. ETH seems to be super confident on Hojland's overall ability to contribute.

Oranges038

Yeaaaaah, I'm kinda glad we didn't get Ramos now. Swiping through Ramos trending on Twitter and being exposed to Ramos wacking off and cumming really killed any enthusiasm over that move. :lol:
At least you know he can produce under pressure.

James35

Liked Ramos, would have had him over Hojlund everyday personally, Kane being my ideal choice. Fee a lot cheaper than I thought seeing as it’s Benfica also.

Really hope it works out for Hojlund, could be an absolute gem for us, it’s about time we had a striker work out for us. Hopefully he doesn’t catch the ‘couldn’t hit a cows ass with a banjo’ bug, that effects so many of our players.

Sir Chapman

I am not sure if this is a "healthy" move by him. PSG is a mess, too many alpha people within the club, no continuity. He is 22 years, taking his first big move and going straightaway to a club which is forcing to buy everyone in order to win the CL. It will be interesting to see how it works out for him at PSG.

It looks like PSG paid a similar amount we paid Atlanta for Hojlund. Difficult decision which one to prefer but at least they are put on the very same level. At the moment, Ramos is the better player with his skills and continuity, however, Hojlund is a gem, just starting to explode, and under ETH he will rise.

Glorio

Yeah. I mean both are big young strikers, so yes.
Very different in attributes though, and from what EtH had said about us being a pressing machine, I think Højlund is the best available fit.

I've said the same thing with Kane, he's levels and levels above both, but if we're serious about staying true to a system and bringing in players that fit that system, then we'll have to forgo the bigger names in favour of those who fit our style.

MUFC OK

Liked Ramos, would have had him over Hojlund everyday personally, Kane being my ideal choice. Fee a lot cheaper than I thought seeing as it’s Benfica also.

Really hope it works out for Hojlund, could be an absolute gem for us, it’s about time we had a striker work out for us. Hopefully he doesn’t catch the ‘couldn’t hit a cows ass with a banjo’ bug, that effects so many of our players.
Completely agree. He was the striker I wanted - seems much more ready to lead the line.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Seems both United and PSG preferred Hoijlund.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
I can't pretend that I've watched them playing in order to make any comparison of both and I'm guessing many are calling Ramos over Hojlund due to having seen more of Ramos. However, going by the scouting and management of United and PSG both choosing to bid for Hojlund first before settling for Ramos, there is good reason to believe that those who are paid to identify the right players to buy thought Hojlund was a better prospect, so I'm happy we got our preferred option.

Now, both leagues are very different in terms of competitiveness and difficulty, so I just hope we won't have a meltdown here every time Ramos scores a goal for PSG, especially as Hojlund might need a longer adaptation time. We must keep in mind that Hojlund has moved from the Danish and Austrian leagues to Man United in under two years, while Ramos having practically established himself in Portugal is now moving to a league arguably one step above (according to UEFA coefficients), a much bigger leap for Hojlund.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Very different in attributes though, and from what EtH had said about us being a pressing machine, I think Højlund is the best available fit.

I've said the same thing with Kane, he's levels and levels above both, but if we're serious about staying true to a system and bringing in players that fit that system, then we'll have to forgo the bigger names in favour of those who fit our style.
Yeah, it also looks like he was second choice for ETH .

UpWithRivers

I think its a good move. PSG are a good stepping stone club. Piss easy league, get a big wage, bag loads of goals and develop, win the league, outside chance of Champions league. Move to a proper club in 4 years when he's 26.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think its a good move. PSG are a good stepping stone club. Piss easy league, get a big wage, bag loads of goals and develop, win the league, outside chance of Champions league. Move to a proper club in 4 years when he's 26.
Jaysus PSG for whom the likes of Neymar and Mbappe play, are no stepping stone for Gonçalo Ramos :lol:

jamesjimmybyrondean

That whole narrative of Hojlund being the only striker available now has been put to bed as the likes of Ramos, Vlahovic are available for similar prices. I like the look of Hojlund though, hopefully he delivers

ShinjiNinja26

That whole narrative of Hojlund being the only striker available now has been put to bed as the likes of Ramos, Vlahovic are available for similar prices. I like the look of Hojlund though, hopefully he delivers
He isn’t the only striker available however he was deemed the best option available out of the names you mentioned. Vlahovic is shite and Ramos was considered a back up option to Højlund for both us and PSG.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Your point about there being a narrative Højlund was the only striker available isn’t true. There were multiple strikers available we just chose to target him because he was deemed the best of the bunch and he desperately wanted to come here as well.
There were loads of “who else then” posts in the Hojlund thread. Like I said, I’m not talking about whether he is the best option or not. That’s a different story

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
He isn’t the only striker available however he was deemed the best option available out of the names you mentioned. Vlahovic is shite and Ramos was considered a back up option to Højlund for both us and PSG.
Vlahovic scored more goals than Hojlund last season in Serie A. He is a better player (but also a few years older).

With regards to Ramos, he is a solid prospect with Haaland-like efficiency in front of goal. Does not contribute a lot outside the box though.

ShinjiNinja26

Vlahovic scored more goals than Hojlund last season in Serie A. He is a better player (but also a few years older).

With regards to Ramos, he is a solid prospect with Haaland-like efficiency in front of goal. Does not contribute a lot outside the box though.
A lot of strikers scored more than Højlund last season but the manager decided he was the best fit for what he’s trying to do at the club. He’s got huge potential and is a long term signing. Vlahovic I just don’t rate, he hasn’t kicked on and lived up to the hype he had at Fiorentina and thankfully the club agree. Ramos I do rate and looks a real talent but as I said ETH thinks Højlund is the best fit for us going forward.

Redcy

There were loads of “who else then” posts in the Hojlund thread. Like I said, I’m not talking about whether he is the best option or not. That’s a different story
No people were saying who else, we knew Vlahovic and Ramos were available, but it was unlikely WE could get them for less than 80-90m. Add in that noone, at all, really thinks Vlahovic is a very good striker, and that Ramos is just as raw really as Hojlund, and really doesn't offer what we wanted.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Non-penalty goals per 90 last season.

Vlahovic - 0.37
Hojlund - 0.44

Vlahovic managing to score a goal more than Hojlund because he played a few more minutes and was allowed to take a couple of penalties doesn't say that much for him.

dinostar77

Non-penalty goals per 90 last season.

Vlahovic - 0.37
Hojlund - 0.44

Vlahovic managing to score a goal more than Hojlund because he played a few more minutes and was allowed to take a couple of penalties doesn't say that much for him.
Hojlund stats for last season as misleading, only because he had to work the channels so much, therefore wasnt in the box as much. Tifo i r l, said his xG for utd should be 15 goals, but could be higher as he will be in the box more and not have to work the channels and half spaces as much.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
PSG must be looking for the new Pauleta. Although Ramos is a good player, it seems like an overpay.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Weird how PSG were happy to pay big money for him but had a strict limit for Hojlund. Was Hojlund a cheap punt for them? It doesn't make sense to pay big money for your second choice when you wouldn't for your first choice. Not to mention they're looking at Kolo Muani for big money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.