Gordon McQueen RIP

Duane Dibley

Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Sad news for all football fans.
A proper defender, always hard never dirty.
And quite a character with it.

RIP Gordon.

Oscar Bonavena

Sad news. Condolences to the McQueen family. Dementia is such a cruel and terrible affliction, seems to have affected so many footballers of that era.

ClassAct147

Terrific in the air, not so convincing on the deck but always gave his best.
RIP big man.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
He was a giant in the United team when I first started watching us, so to hear about his passing makes me sad on many levels.
RIP.

glasgow 21

Despondency -> hope -> jubilation & disbelief -> utter despair and even more disbelief.
My 10 year old head couldn't cope with such a range of emotions in 5 minutes.
Proper balled my eyes out at the side of the house after.
Worse still I had to watch the game with my step'father' who was an Arsenal supporter and an absolute cnut .

Loved that team.

R.I.P. Gordon.
"Proper balled my eyes out at the side of the house after" you just activated a memory that i did the same !!! I had completely forgot. Thankfully I was surrounded by United supporters.

Mou Mou Land

RIP Gordon.

He was at the club from my first memories. He wasn’t very good mind, old fashioned central defender who was great in the air but a very average ball player. He had the turning circle of an oil tanker. But he always put his body on the line for the team and seemed to be a popular player.
Centre halves weren't meant to be elegant and ballplaying then. I remember Big Jim once using a bit of nifty footwork to dispossess and go past a forward and the whole of OT cheered like we had just won the league. :)
I met Gordon a few years ago and even though he was only an inch taller than me, he seemed huge. Many thanks for the memories Gordon [especially for the delicious Hayley]!

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I met him and Paddy Crerand when I worked as a steward. I was with two other lads and I saw them walking up the stairs. They approached us and said hi like two normal guys having a chat, I remember both being quite tall, and really nice and pleasant. Rest in peace, Gordon.

RedIan

Great memories of watching Gordon from the Strettie tunnel. Great days, Joe Jordon et al. Rip Gordon.
Hate dementia, took my mother now taking my mother in law.