Got away with it tonight

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Inter should have scored in the first half, United were shocking and kept giving the ball away. Scholes had a mare in particular.

Phew...

Dominant

I can't believe scholes, for all his experience, can play so poorly. Surely it can't be nerves???

Carrick simply couldn't get into his passing mode, the first few stray passes seems to sap his confidence away.

We were awful in midfield, Giggs was the only bright spark, and ronaldo of course.

Scholesgoals

op is talking shit

oshea and berba should have scored.

4-2

oh shit, then its 4-4 on away goals and we go out!

Skelter

Internet GYPO
Cheer up, they were poor in all and we just lost concentration after the goal. There was a few scares but remember they HAD to score and they threw everything they had at it. Which in the second half we took with relative ease.

rebelred

Poor performance by our standards tonight although we always looked the more convincing side. Still Inter had far too many chances for my liking.

B Cantona

Desperate
Scholes and Carrick lost the midfield a bit and got uncharacteristically sloppy, especially towards the end of the first half. Unusual to say the least

Still, let's not kid ourselves. We haven't "got away" with anything. We didn't play all that well, and we were still very comfortable 2-0 winners, and the chances we missed were far more guilt edged than the chances they did. It could and should have been more

neno

Oh shut up! If you take Julio Cesar away it would have easily been at the very least a 4-0 United go thorugh on aggregate. He saved their ass last time and this time again and again. Van der Saar wasnt really challenged at all but once by Stankovic.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We did alright and deserved to get through. Got away with nothing.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Big chances were missed at both ends- We were the deserved winners in the end.

dave2528

We we're lucky with Inter hitting the post twice but let's be honest, Italian football isn't anywhere near the quality of the EPL and we looked far and away the better of the two clubs.

I agree that we had a few players that played below their standards, but the important thing is that we're through with no injuries and now we can focus on stomping the shit out of Liverpool this weekend, thus dashing any hopes they have of them winning/us not winning the league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was a fairly even game overall, but you have to consider that we were sitting on a one goal lead for 86 minutes and on a two goal lead for 41 minutes. Keeping that in mind you have to say we did enough to deserve the win, especially when you consider we had more chances to finish them off. But it wasnt one sided and had they taken their chances it could have been a tough one. We werent at our best at all and i think we have to be better against he likes of Barcelona. But great great result, couldnt be happier.

I have only one complaint but i wont bring it up until someone else does.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
op is talking shit
this.

First half we dominated up until the last ten minutes. They had one chance where Ibra header off a corner hit the crossbar.

Second half we scored early, they pushed on and hit the bar. We also had chances of our own. How did we "get away with it"? We didn't have shit luck for once that's for sure, hopefully we won't have any this weekend either.

Justin

Poor performance by our standards tonight although we always looked the more convincing side. Still Inter had far too many chances for my liking.
Just in the first half after the goal. Second half, we controlled it.

Top teams will always get chances against us. It's sticking them in the net that counts.

Rams

Inter played well and are a strong side. Zlatan for all his criticism, kept the ball up well and got others in the game. Maicon was a constant pest on their right. But it was dissapointing to see so many errors by United.
2nd half was much better and we did have some very good chances ourselves. But we have to improve on today if we are going to retain the title.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Had they scored the team had another 3 or 4 gears they could of gone to, we always had it hand why doesn't anyone realise that?

Ole'sbodyguard

We were clearly the better side over two legs. However, that sloppy 20 minutes in the first half gave them 3 clear chances and a couple of excellent long rangers, could have put us out similar to Real in 2000 on another night.

amolbhatia50k

Inter played well and are a strong side. Zlatan for all his criticism, kept the ball up well and got others in the game. Maicon was a constant pest on their right. But it was dissapointing to see so many errors by United.
2nd half was much better and we did have some very good chances ourselves. But we have to improve on today if we are going to retain the title.
But as Andy Gray said his overall play was good but he had no end product/ killer instict that big players should have at that level. Ronaldo had one real chance in the game and he put the tie to bed, thats what top players do.

Cina

It was a poor performance by the teams standards, considering how well they've been lately.

amolbhatia50k

Yep, great stuff from Vidic. This game could have been very different without his game. Best defender around.

We were not very good tonight, but Inter Milan were even worse. Thats why we are through and they are out. I couldnt believe just how sloppy our possession was in that first half. Players like Scholes, Giggs and Carrick kept giving the ball away over and over again. But we finally got our act together and scored the goals that settled the tie once and for all.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
We were comfortable over 2 legs against Serie A champs & leaders, I'll take that.

Ole'sbodyguard

this.

First half we dominated up until the last ten minutes. They had one chance where Ibra header off a corner hit the crossbar.

Second half we scored early, they pushed on and hit the bar. We also had chances of our own. How did we "get away with it"? We didn't have shit luck for once that's for sure, hopefully we won't have any this weekend either.
One chance? I take it you missed Ibrahamovic one on one he rolled past the post which Balotelli created with one neat first time pass, Stankovic dipping long ranger that VDS tipped wide excellently(no corner given), Ibrahamovic's reverse pass that got Stankovic behind Evra that Stankovic should have taken advantage in addition to the header that hit the woodwork and all the sloppy free kicks we gave away. They had the chances to take control at the end of the first half. Second goal killed them off although they still hit the woodwork again with Adriano.

brad-dyrak

A bit sloppy, yes. Still we had by far more possession. Should have gotten a peno for at least one of those handballs in the box.

What was great to see though was how we utterly shut the game down when we wanted to. That last 20 minutes was totally under control. Them with 3 class strikers up front but not managing anything other than a wild shot here and there. Not so much fun to watch, but very comforting to know we can do that.

kundalini

Over the two legs we were the better team by some distance but they missed plenty of decent chances tonight. I was surprised by the team selection and we failed to be competent at the one thing the team seemed to be designed for: keeping hold of the ball.

I suppose you could say that both O'Shea and Berbatov had excellent chances that the keeper saved tonight.

I think we need to think more carefully about team selection.

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
Not the most convincing performance but over two legs what did Van Der Sar have to do? Even the Stankovic shot was probably going wide. Julio Cesar kept it respectable.

Inter weren't terrible and I can see why they dominate Serie A.

If Mourinho had taken winning their group seriously then they would have avoided United, Liverpool, Barca and Bayern.

Rams

But as Andy Gray said his overall play was good but he had no end product/ killer instict that big players should have at that level. Ronaldo had one real chance in the game and he put the tie to bed, thats what top players do.
I don't think Zlatan is anywhere near the best player in the world, but in the first half Inter were playing the long ball up to him and their midfielders could then feed off him, caused us 1 or 2 problems. That's all.

amolbhatia50k

I don't think Zlatan is anywhere near the best player in the world, but in the first half Inter were playing the long ball up to him and their midfielders could then feed off him, caused us 1 or 2 problems. That's all.
Thats why he gets criticised i guess, he has the ability to be in the top tier but keeps lacking the bottle for the big games. Agree with everything/

Rams

One chance? I take it you missed Ibrahamovic one on one he rolled past the post which Balotelli created with one neat first time pass, Stankovic dipping long ranger that VDS tipped wide excellently(no corner given), Ibrahamovic's reverse pass that got Stankovic behind Evra that Stankovic should have taken advantage in addition to the header that hit the woodwork and all the sloppy free kicks we gave away. They had the chances to take control at the end of the first half. Second goal killed them off.
Don't forget most on here watch the game with red tinted glasses, and have accute memory loss coupled with distortion of the reality.

Divine

It was a comfy win in the end - and over 2 legs it was thorougly deserved.

We set ourselves up for big trouble though, the way we let them into the game in the 1st half - most of their chances came through our sloppiness rather than their good play. I don't like to think about how the game would've progressed had they got the equaliser...

But we're through and we deserved it - and that's all that counts really...

Ole'sbodyguard

Don't forget most on here watch the game with red tinted glasses, and have accute memory loss coupled with distortion of the reality.
Surprised tbh. No one has created that much against us in the CL at O.T. since Milan got two away goals a couple of years back. They were getting behind our defence with ease at the end of the first half. Reminded me of that crazy 10 minutes we had against Real after 99.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We did much better in the 2nd half, plus should O'Shea and Berbatov score next time!

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
We did get away with it, they missed chances where as the ones we had were saved by their keeper, it was a strange nervous performance

Crerand Legend

Would you all have taken us playing ordinary but winning 2-0 before the match kicked off,I bet you would.Look on the bright side it means we wont be complacent for Saturday,a wee kick up the arse is required now and again