Got away with it tonight

neno

what game were you watching?
What are you talking about? if it wasnt for their keeper we would have sealed the deal on the first leg. Today their keeper had a lot more to do than VDS did. Ronnies fk, both of berbatov and osheas sitters.

most of inter shots VDS had nothing to do about them, they were all misses not saves. they just kept shooting wide. Not even with 3 strikers on the pitch could they cause a serious save. They had 2 posts during 180 minutes against us, wow big feckin deal. the fact that we beat them with scholsey and carrick playing like shit and not shifting into gear says how bad they really where.

redevil2

I dont think we were lucky to win. in fact I think we deserved it. but we were lucky inter did not score. that said I believe if they had we would have still done enough to go through. but we were well below our usual standards. thats ok though. cos the result is right. and hopefully its a little motivation to put on a better performance on saturday.
These opinion aren't very helpful are they?!! You can basically say that in every clean sheet we had, we were lucky the other team did not score!!

They were quite shit they couldn't score (Ibrahimović looked really mediocre in both legs and they did not really create many chances, due to our defence surely!). It does not mean that we were lucky!!!

Sometimes some football fans are really hard to please! They do not appreciate what they players have to go through and criticize them unfairly!

Legend16

What are you talking about? if it wasnt for their keeper we would have sealed the deal on the first leg. Today their keeper had a lot more to do than VDS did. Ronnies fk, both of berbatov and osheas sitters.

most of inter shots VDS had nothing to do about them, they were all misses not saves. they just kept shooting wide. Not even with 3 strikers on the pitch could they cause a serious save. They had 2 posts during 180 minutes against us, wow big feckin deal. the fact that we beat them with scholsey and carrick playing like shit and not shifting into gear says how bad they really where.
we're talking about tonight. we were lucky inter did not score. we would have won anyway I believe. but it does not take from the fact that we were not great tonight. great result though

neno

These opinion aren't very helpful are they?!! You can basically say that in every clean sheet we had, we were lucky the other team did not score!!

They were quite shit they couldn't score (Ibrahimović looked really mediocre in both legs and they did not really create many chances, due to our defence surely!). It does not mean that we were lucky!!!

Sometimes some football fans are really hard to please! They do not appreciate what they players have to go through and criticize them unfairly!
Agreed. Inter where shit, they are the big shit in a shit league. sums them up pretty nice. Barcelona last year gave us twice the amount of trouble and they failed to score to. So that goes to show how bad Inter really are. honestly muntari? stankovic? balotelli? the feck are they thinking they can come here and outplay ronaldo, rooney, giggs, rio, etc?

redevil2

but we can also point out that we were not at our best. in fact we were sloppy and made it hard for ourselves.
But who says we were at our best tonight??? We weren't yet we won 2-0. We were hardly scared at any stage even!

We were not playing our best, but does that mean we were lucky and been getting away with things though? Far from it! In fact we were winning quite comfortably tonight if truth to be told!!! We were rather unlucky in the first leg though if you do remember!

Fans like you and the OP are hard to please. The glass is half full, not half empty you know!!

Legend16

oh for christ sake. grow up. we were lucky they did not score. twice off the woodwork was evidence of that. so its not about being hard to please cos believe me after half the seventies and all of the eighties as a united fan I am in fecking wonderland at the moment. but no matter how much better it gets year after year being a united fan I hav'nt yet lost my eyesight or my sanity. we were below par tonight. I've seen us worse and I've seen us a lot better. and I would take that performance and result in every competition every time we play. the best team went through. but the best team were not at their best. its ok to say that you know. it really is. in fact our manager (and I assume you would respect his opinion) said so after the game.

Number7

Ret's Slave
You can't win a European cup without luck

Take Barca last season. Henry hit a header straight at VDS very late on. Is that had been a foot either side we'd probably still be stuck on 2 European Cups, wondering if we're ever going to win the fecker again.

neno

we're talking about tonight. we were lucky inter did not score. we would have won anyway I believe. but it does not take from the fact that we were not great tonight. great result though
Im thinking they were more lucky that we didnt fire all cylinders and gave them the proper (Roma) treatment... We played bad for our standards but we still won being the better team, Inter played like shit and only got 2 post to their name. While we had 2 sitters that where saved and a penalty that wasnt called. Now tell me who was luckier?

they didnt score cause their strikers cant hit a barn door even if their lifes depended on it or if it is some shit italian team full of second rate shit italian players with no quality in them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It actually pleases me, we were clearly not at our best today and did not dominate the game unlike in Milan but still managed to win convincingly without conceding a goal, and it was arguably against one of the best sides in Europe.

Legend16

But who says we were at our best tonight??? We weren't yet we won 2-0. We were hardly scared at any stage even!

We were not playing our best, but does that mean we were lucky and been getting away with things though? Far from it! In fact we were winning quite comfortably tonight if truth to be told!!! We were rather unlucky in the first leg though if you do remember!

Fans like you and the OP are hard to please. The glass is half full, not half empty you know!!

fine. then you agree.

and as for your second point:rolleyes: you could not be more wrong

Number7

Ret's Slave
Does thisresult mean I should pick United over Inter on Fifa?

And will Inters stats bebrought down a peg or two in the next patch?

Questions questions...

Legend16

Im thinking they were more lucky that we didnt fire all cylinders and gave them the proper (Roma) treatment... We played bad for our standards but we still won being the better team, Inter played like shit and only got 2 post to their name. While we had 2 sitters that where saved and a penalty that wasnt called. Now tell me who was luckier?

they didnt score cause their strikers cant hit a barn door even if their lifes depended on it or if it is some shit italian team full of second rate shit italian players with no quality in them.
we were not lucky to win. we would have beaten that shower any day. however we were lucky they did not score. we were not at our best. its not the end of the world

redevil2

oh for christ sake. grow up. ....

its ok to say that you know. it really is. in fact our manager (and I assume you would respect his opinion) said so after the game.
Who is not growing up? You sound like the little boy who's throwing tantrum as he can't have their second bike for Christmas even their first bike was working fine! Totally spoilt.

And fans like you only pretend that you know everything, every strategy and expect we play beautiful game week in week out and winning it all.

Our manager has every right to express his opinion about his team's performance, granted! But is he as critical as fans like you? Did he say we got away with things and we were lucky???? :mad:

Legend16

Who is not growing up? You sound like those little boys who can't have their second bike for Christmas even their first bike was working fine! Totally spoilt.

And fans like you only pretend that you know everything, every strategy and expect we play beautiful game week in week out and winning it all.

Our manager has every right to express his opinion about his team's performance, granted! But is he as critical as fans like you? Did he say we got away with things and we were lucky???? :mad:

really? so I am over critical by saying we deserved to win but we made it hard for ourselves? that in your book is over critical? :rolleyes:

you need to calm down son

neno

we were not lucky to win. we would have beaten that shower any day. however we were lucky they did not score. we were not at our best. its not the end of the world
well then by your standards we are lucky that any opposition never scores against us?:lol:

Inter are shit, Zlatan has never scored in the KO stages of the cl, Adriano is fat and slow and balotelli is not ready yet. they didnt score cause they where never going to. if VDS had to pull save after save then yeah I would agree with you, but he didnt really had to do much tonight.

INF-AMOS

We have been giving the ball away quiet a lot recently, miss hit pass after miss hit pass, newcastle was an example.

Is somebody sneaking some thing in the pre match meals. ?

redevil2

Well said there!!!

The assessment will be totally different if their otherwise onside goal was disallowed, proper penalty was turned down, and referee was biased against them etc... then we could say we were lucky they did not score.

Legend 16 and the OP have got it all wrong in the assessment in tonight's game. Our performance tonight being not the the best is in no way indication we were lucky in any aspect.

OneUnited24

I can't believe scholes, for all his experience, can play so poorly. Surely it can't be nerves???

Carrick simply couldn't get into his passing mode, the first few stray passes seems to sap his confidence away.

We were awful in midfield, Giggs was the only bright spark, and ronaldo of course.
Before the game people said that a central midfield of Carrick, Scholes and Giggs wouldnt work and i think they were right. In the first leg we dominated midfield and therefore dominated the game tonight we looked all over the place and never got hold of the game like we did 2 weeks ago. So maybe all three cant play - its like when Anderson and Scholes play together, it should work but it rarely does

Legend16

well then by your standards we are lucky that any opposition never scores against us?:lol:

Inter are shit, Zlatan has never scored in the KO stages of the cl, Adriano is fat and slow and balotelli is not ready yet. they didnt score cause they where never going to. if VDS had to pull save after save then yeah I would agree with you, but he didnt really had to do much tonight.
what does that even mean?

look I'm going to try this once more and hopefully it registers properly this time. tonight we were not at our best. we played ok and did enough to win. we are all delighted with that. inter nearly scored a couple. but we always had enough. not our best performance.

now is that reasonable or are everyones chips still pissed on?

Ekeke

But we didn't.

We played better than Inter.

They had two chances, with Ibrahimovic and Adriano, and they missed them both.

We had three chances, scored two of them and O'Shea missed a golden chance.

We dominated possession.

That's me looking at it from an entirely objective point of view.

And no, we didn't play poorly. At all.
4 chances. Berbatov denied by the keeper from close range as well.

They had the Ibra header, Adriano volley, Ibrahimovic just wide and the Stankovic volley in the first half. Our chances were better than theirs in fairness. O'Shea and Berbatov could see the whites of the keeper's eyes. Ronaldo and Vidic's headers were from sensible distances. Inter's chances were largely from further out and harder angles.

redevil2

really? so I am over critical by saying we deserved to win but we made it hard for ourselves? that in your book is over critical? :rolleyes:

you need to calm down son
Don't 'calm down son' me! You need to know who you are speaking to! :devil:

We hardly made it hard for ourselves tonight, as we did not need to raise our game to suit the situation! They aren't as good as their manager and fans like you make out to be! (the first leg is evidence!!!)

My opinion is, we have won it quite comfortably tonight, but were unlucky we did not trash them 4-0.

To say that we got away with thing tonight is total rubbish!!!

Legend16

Well said there!!!

The assessment will be totally different if their otherwise onside goal was disallowed, proper penalty was turned down, and referee was biased against them etc... then we could say we were lucky they did not score.

Legend 16 and the OP have got it all wrong in the assessment in tonight's game. Our performance tonight being not the the best is in no way indication we were lucky in any aspect.
you need to read the posts properly. I have stressed we were not lucky to win. I have made it clear we deserved to win.

Legend16

Don't 'calm down son' me! You need to know who you are speaking to! :devil:

We hardly made it hard for ourselves tonight, as we did not need to raise our game to suit the situation! They aren't as good as their manager and fans like you make out to be! (the first leg is evidence!!!)

My opinion is, we have won it quite comfortably tonight, but were unlucky we did not trash them 4-0.

To say that we got away with thing tonight is total rubbish!!!
well stop ranting like a child and throwing little red faced things around

redevil2

Before the game people said that a central midfield of Carrick, Scholes and Giggs wouldnt work and i think they were right. In the first leg we dominated midfield and therefore dominated the game tonight we looked all over the place and never got hold of the game like we did 2 weeks ago. So maybe all three cant play - its like when Anderson and Scholes play together, it should work but it rarely does
I have to disagree with that. When the team sheet is out, everyone is happy with the midfield.

Bearing in mind two total different consequence in the two legs (1st leg we needed to score as fast as we could, whereas tonight we needed to not let them score first!!!), I notice most of our players have tracked back a lot hence leaving the attacking force at times empty, which is normally not our style. So instead of saying these midfield weren't working fine, I would explain it simply because of the bloody away goal rule!

redevil2

well stop ranting like a child and throwing little red faced things around
It's rare some people have to be wrong all night... but you were! If you are referring to :mad: as red faced thing, I only did it once, so why you used plural?

Secondly you referred as 'son' which is wrong again! I am not a male so stop calling me son! You have to be quite stupid not to notice my tag line!

So you are wrong on all fronts, what can I say!! you were wrong, wrong and wrong again!

OneUnited24

I have to disagree with that. When the team sheet is out, everyone is happy with the midfield.

Bearing in mind two total different consequence in the two legs (1st leg we needed to score as fast as we could, whereas tonight we needed to not let them score first!!!), I notice most of our players have tracked back a lot hence leaving the attacking force at times empty, which is normally not our style. So instead of saying these midfield weren't working fine, I would explain it simply because of the bloody away goal rule!
Very true and i am not bashing them because after all i believe this is the first time all 3 have played in this sort of formation but it did seem we lacked that control in midfield we had 2 weeks ago - i suppose it could have been the fear of losing a goal but at this level nerves shouldnt come into the equation...

redevil2

you need to read the posts properly. I have stressed we were not lucky to win. I have made it clear we deserved to win.
It's you who should be reading properly! My posts said 'lucky in any aspect' which include what you said about 'we were lucky they did not score!'

Now, it passed your bed time so it's time for you to go... and stop picking on our players!!!

Legend16

It's rare some people have to be wrong all night... but you were! If you are referring to :mad: as red faced thing, I only did it once, so why you used plural?

Secondly you referred as 'son' which is wrong again! I am not a male so stop calling me son! You have to be quite stupid not to notice my tag line!

So you are wrong on all front, what can I say! Wrong, wrong and wrong again!
you really should stamp your feet while your saying that.

Legend16

It's you who should be reading properly! My posts said 'lucky in any aspect' which include what you said about 'we were lucky they did not score!'

Now, it passed your bed time so it's time for you to go... and stop picking on our players!!!
you need to not get so emotional during a discussion.

redevil2

Very true and i am not bashing them because after all i believe this is the first time all 3 have played in this sort of formation but it did seem we lacked that control in midfield we had 2 weeks ago - i suppose it could have been the fear of losing a goal but at this level nerves shouldnt come into the equation...
Oh are you serious? We fans have been so nervous in the past two weeks, and you are expecting our players should not get nervy?!! Well it's also more strategic then nerve though!

Hmmm... the stake is too high if we go out. And letting them score first is totally unacceptable?

Legend16

So you are wrong on all fronts, what can I say!! you were wrong, wrong and wrong again!
and without the son thing..... seriously you need to grow up. people with differing opinions than yourself deserve consideration. not tantrums

OneUnited24

Oh are you serious? We fans have been so nervous in the past two weeks, and you are expecting our players should not get nervy?!! Well it's also more strategic then nerve though!

Hmmm... the stake is too high if we go out. And letting them score first is totally unacceptable?
We get nervous because we as fans dont know the inside scoop, we dont know whos been doing well in training or what teams going out there. I am sure SAF told the team that played tonight that they would be playing weeks in advance to ensure they were in the right frame of mind. At their level of top European football they shouldnt be getting nervous as they should have prepaired for it, while i'll accept you will be nervous because of the whole away goals rule you should try and concentrate on your job and not the other teams.

Stakes are high all the time at a club like United thats why only certain players make it for us. Im not having a go at any of our players tonight but if you're telling me the reason we were below our best tonight was only down to nerves and not having a foothold on the midfield battle tonight i would suggest that we pay our players FAR too much

redevil2

you really should stamp your feet while your saying that.
you need to not get so emotional during a discussion.
???

Since when my emotion comes to play in the discussion? You were contradicting yourself at times.

If you do want to apologize (not to me) for jumping on the bandwagon (in agreeing with the OP that we got away with it tonight!) you are allowed to. Don't be shy!

Legend16

???

Since when my emotion comes to play in the discussion? You were contradicting yourself at times.

If you do want to apologize (not to me) for jumping on the bandwagon (in agreeing with the OP that we got away with it tonight!) you are allowed to. Don't be shy!
seriously are you for real?

redevil2

and without the son thing..... seriously you need to grow up. people with differing opinions than yourself deserve consideration. not tantrums
Do you even know what throwing tantrums means? Who's throwing tantrums? I was just pointing out that fans like you are hard to please, and I do not agree with your assessment but it seems you are the one not respecting my different opinion from yours.