Television Gotham - TV series

lsd

The Oracle
Ummmmm anyone seen the recent post from
Cameron Monaghan
or the Gotham instagram...

Can not fecking wait to see this, looks incredible.

Short teaser, but big reveal.

Image of a character

seriously, how good does that
joker
look?

Looks a million times better than this rubbish we are in store for

Phoenix is the best actor to ever play Joker and no way will he mess it up

lsd

The Oracle
He’s overrated enough said and he isn’t even in the top 4 of actors to play The Joker.

Please don't even think of saying Heath Ledger was a better actor and God knows who your others are .

At a stretch Jack yes but other than that

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The last episode was nothing more than fan service but overall an enjoyable ending to a solid series.

Hopefully they do a Batman series, but it's unlikely.

Reddy Rederson

Just got round to watching season 5. It was horrible. I actually fast forwarded during parts. That kid playing Bruce :rolleyes:. Glad it’s over, should have ended a lot better than that.

Sylar

I guess better to leave them wanting more, but I really want more now it is where it’s at.

I wish we had actually gotten to see Bruce Wayne and they had brought someone in for it like they did with Lili Simons for CatWoman.
A bit gutted that technically we didn’t get “The Joker” even if clearly we know that is him. The name must be trademarked. Wish we had gotten more of him in that episode as even the 5 minutes clearly better than Leto and probably going to piss all over Phoenix.

The story in the episode was a bit weak and was pretty much just fan pay off to get a Batman in but really wish they’d done this over 2 episodes but still good enough send off for the series.

Fingers crossed they do a Batman or something.[/spoiler]
Agree with this. The ending makes you want a spinoff with Batman and Jerome (with Penguin and Riddler in the background). Even if its a season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Jerome as Joker was fantastic. The actor played him really well I thought, seemed to nail all the different emotions he goes through.

I loved the quirkyness of the show. I personally would like to see a Batman in the Gotham style, but it's fair to say the usual Gotham show ran it's course.

I will miss it.

Zlatattack

Just finished season 5, I liked the show. It dragged in parts but it made some really good bad guys.

I'd love to see a batman series as long as it's not more of the same. Some aspects of it were great, but towards the end it was getting repetitive.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Risky thread bump maybe apologies but I finally started watching this last night - got 4 episodes in to it and was nearly late starting work this morning.

It looks fantastic so far. It's really cool spotting the villians before they become villians in particular.

Plus I've never ever taken to the Penguin but looks like it will be different this time.

AaronRedDevil

Risky thread bump maybe apologies but I finally started watching this last night - got 4 episodes in to it and was nearly late starting work this morning.

It looks fantastic so far. It's really cool spotting the villians before they become villians in particular.

Plus I've never ever taken to the Penguin but looks like it will be different this time.
I love the show tbh. Riddler and Penguin are the best in the show. They get more and more better as the season go on. Gordon and Bullock are great together. They definitely add more dept to the villains. Alfred is brilliant too.

Sylar

Kinda like @Hoof The Ball mentions, but I think s2 onwards is where it goes from ehh to good to great

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Interesting thread bump actually. The Batman movie spin-off tv show about Gotham city police drama will air on HBO Max. It's a prequel, year one story I think, whereas the movie is year 2.

Last edited:

Sylar

Interesting thread bump actually. The Batman movie spin-off tv show about Gotham city police drama will air on HBO Max. It's a prequel, year one story I think, whereas the movie is year 2.
Wait what? When? How did I miss this?

Adamsk7

and it’s going to be the show Gotham promised to be before it came out then descended in to absolute crap (IMO, I know it has its fans), a hard hitting, serious drama based around the GCPD. think that’s why they chose Jeffrey Wright as Gordon, as he’s someone that has the gravitas to carry a tv series and has history of doing it before. It’ll be interesting whether they introduce characters like Bullock, Montoya etc or they go old school comic year one characters like Flass, Essen, Loeb and maybe even Vicky Vale!