Television Gotham - TV series

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Going to miss this once it is over. I guess it is best to end on a high (Breaking Bad) than go on too long and ruin everything (Dexter).

This is definitely one of the best shows in the genre.

Hoof the ball

Going to miss this once it is over. I guess it is best to end on a high (Breaking Bad) than go on too long and ruin everything (Dexter).

This is definitely one of the best shows in the genre.
No doubt. What started off as a monsters-of-the-week 1st season went on to have some of the best story and season arcs in the genre. Thankfully Titans is doing a good job of filling the void right now.

Andersons Dietician

Warning this has lots of spoilers in it, kind of wish I hadn’t watched it. Thought it was just a trailer but has cast openly talking about story arcs and saying things which I would say are quite important details.

Andersons Dietician

Feck me I am so tempted to click on that spoiler.
Even the thumbnail for the video is a spoiler.

There are obviously things we know happen/happened but they go in to detail about it, you see a lot of characters and villains that will be in it, certain things the characters go through so on and so on. What you do see of it it looks like it’s going to be absolute chaos this season.

Andersons Dietician

I’ve just realised they’ve borrowed a major story from one of the comics and changed it a little and who it happens to that will sort of unravel this season.

Also looks like they officially wrapped this week.

Andersons Dietician

Another new trailer

Ummmm looks like there is a huge character in there that I’m quite surprised they got to use.
Again there is kind of a few spoilers in that with just new characters, places and so on but this looks like it’s going to be epic!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m avoiding the trailers, but I can’t wait for this to return.

Have they announced the air date?

Andersons Dietician

I’m avoiding the trailers, but I can’t wait for this to return.

Have they announced the air date?
3rd or 5th of January I believe. Avoiding the trailers I would say is a great idea as either there are still loads of surprises they have stored away, or they just don’t care, as the last 2 things I posted I would say have loads of stuff I’d have rather not seen in a trailer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm only on season 4 where they've just caught the Pyg, but my god this show is good. One of my favourites.

That solomon Grundy rhyme is so catchy :lol:

Andersons Dietician

1 day left, can’t wait for this. Some of the promo stuff of Cameron Monaghan or whatever his name is looks incredible. Seen some images of him and he to me is probably my 2nd favourite actor of that character.

Andersons Dietician

Best DC based drama since Dark Knight.
The recent movies make me think, if Gotham shows how good it can be, why?? Just why??
Have you had a chance to watch Titans? Another good DC show that arguably better than most of the movies they’ve put forward recently. If I’m rating most of these comic book shows I’m going.

1: Gotham
2: DC Titans
3: Agents of Shield
4: Gifted
5: Cloak & Dagger

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is just something else I don’t really want to throw in with the rest as it’s very different.

padzilla

Hipster
I am only on season 2 on Netflix and finding it a bit rubbish, I am only sticking with it because it's Batman but does it get better?

Sylar

Best DC based drama since Dark Knight.
The recent movies make me think, if Gotham shows how good it can be, why?? Just why??
TBF, it took them some time to get into that stride (which you kinda keep hoping DCCU do)

But given its a Gotham show, they realised, without Batman, the best thing to do is focus on the villains, given its probably (along with Spidey) got the best cast of villains.

Verminator

TBF, it took them some time to get into that stride (which you kinda keep hoping DCCU do)

But given its a Gotham show, they realised, without Batman, the best thing to do is focus on the villains, given its probably (along with Spidey) got the best cast of villains.
I don't think they "realised" this. It's the whole premise of the show.
Batman villains are caricatures. Comic characters. Gotham makes them twisted human beings. The movies aren't allowing themselves to blur the lines of their characters as much, probably for fear of upsetting comic book fans.
As someone with no real affiliation, Marvel are smashing it, while DC constantly disappoint.
There is more humour in the Marvel films too.

Last edited:

Verminator

Have you had a chance to watch Titans? Another good DC show that arguably better than most of the movies they’ve put forward recently. If I’m rating most of these comic book shows I’m going.

1: Gotham
2: DC Titans
3: Agents of Shield
4: Gifted
5: Cloak & Dagger

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is just something else I don’t really want to throw in with the rest as it’s very different.
I'll check out Titans. Cheers @Andersons Dietician

Sylar

I don't think they "realised" this. It's the whole premise of the show.
Batman villains are caricatures. Comic characters. Gotham makes them twisted human beings. The movies aren't allowing themselves to blur the lines of their characters as much, probably for fear of upsetting comic book fans.
As someone with no real affiliation, Marvel are smashing it, while DC constantly disappoint.
There is more humour in the Marvel films too.
Their first season and story was meant to be focused on Jim Gordon. Whilst s2 changed direction and even had the subtitle of Villains.

In fact, here:

As originally conceived, the series would have served as a straightforward story of Gordon's early days on the Gotham City Police Department.
Whilst they would obviously include villains, the focus of the show shifted. Gotham s1 was not on par with the rest of the seasons.

Andersons Dietician

Their first season and story was meant to be focused on Jim Gordon. Whilst s2 changed direction and even had the subtitle of Villains.

In fact, here:

Whilst they would obviously include villains, the focus of the show shifted. Gotham s1 was not on par with the rest of the seasons.
It certainly started off as Gordon being the main focus but for me I feel like it morphed in to no so much just about the characters but more the city itself, Gotham. So I can see what @Verminator is saying because Gotham is the real star of the show and the characters are just creations of it. If that makes any sense.

Just watched the first episode and damn it was good and Jesus some dark things touched upon already.

2 part spoiler as I know a certain character apeers this year so 2nd one contains that.
Echo returning, love that the Joker in typical joker fashion is off somewhere probably cooking some sort of massive scheme.

So not sure Echo is Harley Quinn as it shows you someone who skates in and says hello boys in one of the trailers and kinda feel like she should still be that Arkham shrink, hopefully that is something that either happens this season or they sort of re-imagine the story.

Sylar

It certainly started off as Gordon being the main focus but for me I feel like it morphed in to no so much just about the characters but more the city itself, Gotham. So I can see what @Verminator is saying because Gotham is the real star of the show and the characters are just creations of it. If that makes any sense.
But thats my point. They started it with a focus, and ended up changing it towards more than that hence why it got good. It wasnt always good and thats what im hoping happens with DCCU.

Andersons Dietician

But thats my point. They started it with a focus, and ended up changing it towards more than that hence why it got good. It wasnt always good and thats what im hoping happens with DCCU.
I quite enjoyed Gotham from the start but it did certainly improve when it was fleshed out but the DCU has skipped past that whole fleshing out its world and there really isn’t a way back other than Flashpoint because right now it’s basically a dumpster fire and it’s only salvage is that they have this get out of free card Flashpoint.

freeurmind

weak willed
It would be great if all the TV Series threads got a threadmark each time a new season started.

Sylar

Im guessing Gordan and Barbara get together now that Tabby is gone.

Drifter

American
Good first episode ,not so good second episode. Next week looks promising though.

Sylar

Second was decent but seemed like build up for what's to come

Andersons Dietician

S05E03: Wow! Explosive ending … did not see that coming!
Just came in to write exactly the same thing. Didn’t expect that at all.

That episode seemed brilliantly paced to me, the suspense just seemed to keep building, like I felt something was going to happen just not that. The little diversion as well just before it happened with
Barbs pointing the gun at Gordon and him standing his ground
totally distracted me.

Also

“Puddin”
not sure if she is or isn’t right now.

@Sylar yeah I think there will be a lot of build up this series as even though stuff happened in the latest ep still feel like it’s building towards a big finale.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Feck me that ending came out of nowhere. Cracking episode. Cannot wait till we see Jeremiah.

Drifter

American
Explosive ending. But there does seem to be something off in this season so far.

Andersons Dietician

Hmmm wondering if the rumour that is floating about is true now after that.

Big
Spoiler
So on every episode IMDB has it either listed as Jerome/Jeremiah. But I think in episode 8 he is listed as The Joker. So possibly a 3rd joker although I would think it’s more likely he isn’t dead or something happens at ACME factory and that is where the “Hello boys” whilst roller skating** comes in

Solid ep still feel like it’s building to something and @Sylar I called it months ago
one night whisky stand between Barbara and Gordon, Batgirl/Oracle taken care of.
the casting of this show is awesome, Victor Zsasz is so good.

Sylar

Agreed @Andersons Dietician . Zsasz is great.

Im interested in what they are doing with Riddler too. Riddler and Penguin been there since day 1 so their whole transformation has been intriguing.

Sylar

Fun episode - had a feeling the Riddler twist was leading to where it did but still done well.

Also Penguin, Riddler and Joker(well...) all in one place would make for a great scene