Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
It is ridiculous how many ex pros actually know feck all about some aspects of football. He used to be a manager right ? Wtf is he talking about then ?
There are so many that make stupid remarks having no weight to their argument

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Imagine having to be a Liverpool fan when your rivals are us though. For 20+years you’ve had to watch United dominate while they are still waiting to win a single League title. Even now, United won more in 2017 than Liverpool have won in total since 2006. You would inevitably get quite bitter. Even more so when you are a man who experienced in the 70’s and 80’s the complete role-reversal.

buckooo1978

he actually appears there like someone has personally wronged him

what a prick when it comes to United

couldn't believe it last year when he said on air that he hoped a Pogba injury would keep him out for a long time

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You probably did tap him up, just like Man City did and just like a million other clubs have done for a million different transfers.

Odd he cares about this particular move.

ZAGREB RED

Souness is, and always has been, a very arrogant man, totally in love with himself and so full of his own importance. He was a pretty good player, granted, but look at his managerial record, overall, he achieved very little aside from with Rangers. he now seems to have realised it's much easier to be a TV pundit than a successful manager.
Spent loads of money at most clubs he managed for little return, by and large.

AshRK

This is why I become sad when our club legends don't go our of their way in supporting us. I understand their professionalism but seriously since we have been linked to Sanchez we have been treated like villains. Now it is getting beyond joke.

lsd

The Oracle
I’m just amazed that he didn’t manage to bring Pogba into the discussion.

I'm sure he will yet ..Anyway I love it when people like Souness get so upset about us as it means they are getting that sickening feeling were are on our way back .

FujiVice

What Liverpool legend conducted an interview with the Sun, post Hillsborough, while Liverpool manager?
A) Greame Souness or B) Nobody because that would make you look a cnut.

ZAGREB RED

This is why I become sad when our club legends don't go our of their way in supporting us. I understand their professionalism but seriously since we have been linked to Sanchez we have been treated like villains. Now it is getting beyond joke.
Let's face it, Gary Neville was disliked by fans of other clubs when he played for United, but he shows the way on Sky by just talking sense and trying to provide some insight into games he covers without letting his United loyalties interfere and I think he is well respected for it.
I would much rather ex United players showed this type of behaviour on TV rather than letting their United past colour their views.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You probably did tap him up, just like Man City did and just like a million other clubs have done for a million different transfers.

Odd he cares about this particular move.
Not that odd when you consider his hatred of all things United. That doesn't give him the right to directly accuse the club of illegal activety when he has no evidence to support his claim.

I agree with the OP, he should get a backlash from this.

(although in truth we very likely did tap him up)

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Souness blames United of tapping up Sanchez and hijacking the City deal. He completely ignores the fact that Sanchez is allowed to open negotiations with Clubs in January and no deal was even agreed with City, so nothing was hijacked.

It’s an absolute disgrace that he can incorrectly accuse the Club of illegal activity (tapping up). In comparison, he said nothing when Liverpool actually admitted tapping up VVD.

These guys are allowed to sit on TV every week and say whatever they want with no repercussions, but totally inaccurate accusations like this deserves a backlash. I’d love United to comment but I know that’ll never happen.
Best ignore him. Your right though he is the bitterest lemon

AshRK

Let's face it, Gary Neville was disliked by fans of other clubs when he played for United, but he shows the way on Sky by just talking sense and trying to provide some insight into games he covers without letting his United loyalties interfere and I think he is well respected for it.
I would much rather ex United players showed this type of behaviour on TV rather than letting their United past colour their views.
Like I said I admire their professionalism but sometimes it would be nice to get some support. Have you seen how much shit has been thrown at us. I am glad we are hated but it bothers when our own legends don't defend it. People like Rio and Scholes should tear shitholes like ball bag for calling us just a money club. Not one I have seen has come to say we are.more than money. All this talk as if city will keep on dominating is a joke.

RedorDead21

You'd think Pogba was another relation of George Weah he dislikes him so much.

ZAGREB RED

Souness openly admitted to tapping up Mo Johnston when he was Rangers manager, Johnston was on his way back to Celtic from French football but Souness asked Ally McCoist to persuade him to sign for Rangers instead when they were on Scotland duty.
It goes on, always has done in football, always will.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Souness blames United of tapping up Sanchez and hijacking the City deal. He completely ignores the fact that Sanchez is allowed to open negotiations with Clubs in January and no deal was even agreed with City, so nothing was hijacked.

It’s an absolute disgrace that he can incorrectly accuse the Club of illegal activity (tapping up). In comparison, he said nothing when Liverpool actually admitted tapping up VVD.

These guys are allowed to sit on TV every week and say whatever they want with no repercussions, but totally inaccurate accusations like this deserves a backlash. I’d love United to comment but I know that’ll never happen.
Great post. They're also not just allowed but they're getting paid to dumb shit over and over again. Really the club should do something but it would give this irrelevant scrote more importance than he is worth

He's by far the worst of the mainstream pundits, even worse than Danny Murphy. Absolutely hates us and still thinks the game should be played the way it was when leg breaking tackles and pass backs were actual tactics.

DRM

I detest him to the point I can't bring myself to listen to him when he's talking. Such a miserable bastard. Sky need an overhaul, get rid of Souness, merson, big nose Thompson etc.

On another note, I really like Frank Lampard. Speaks very well, has good insights and isn't a bitter lemon.

Revaulx

Bah! Souness did more damage to Liverpool than Moyes to United. Sold most of their best players and replaced them with utter shite. Will always be a United legend to me :drool:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Souness has made a fool of himself here. If he was surprised that Sanchez will end up at United instead of City, fair enough. Claiming Sanches is being tapped when he's free to speak to any club he wishes to is ill informed punditry.

Speedicut75

Breathtaking comments from Souness, given Liverpool's initial approach to VVD.
This bigot has no self awareness and no apparent fear of censure from the Liverpool-centric media.

Twisted Nerve

This Moaner Guesses a lot and suffers from Games Neuroses, but having said that, he Seams Generous.