Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I presume it's encouraged by Sky. Play up to the character and get everyone on social media talking about Souness and their coverage.

El Zoido

He’s clearly just wumming now, you could see the smirk when he made those comments. I’ve stopped being annoyed about this and actually just find it funny now.

He’s clearly just wumming now, you could see the smirk when he made those comments. I’ve stopped being annoyed about this and actually just find it funny now.
As long as none of our fans actually take him seriously. Cos he absolutely leans into racist tropes a lot with Pogba. I hate that Sky uses this to get its views up.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Is souness a bit of a racist or has racial tendencies because he definitely targets pogba a lot.

lsd

The Oracle
Is souness a bit of a racist or has racial tendencies because he definitely targets pogba a lot.

Just doesn't like Pogba didn't mean he is racist more likely him thinking Pogba as a midfielder is very overrated compared to him in his day

I can imagine the sort of tackles he would be launching into if they faced each other

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Chances of him tearing into Grealish for his performance today? I'm gonna say 10%

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Just doesn't like Pogba didn't mean he is racist more likely him thinking Pogba as a midfielder is very overrated compared to him in his day

I can imagine the sort of tackles he would be launching into if they faced each other
Like @villain has pointed out will the darling of everyone's eye get the same criticism as the premier league most expensive signing, very unlikely and Pogba frustrates me too and I'm not bothered if he goes or stays but Souness highlights Pogba at every opportunity and I'd love it if Pogba called him out, so we can watch sky drop him from the punditry team.

arnie_ni

We'll have to see, my guess is he won't keep the same energy
Maybe maybe not but he's had ridiculous agreements on sky before about the amount of fouls he's won.

Which he never said about hazard.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
About the same likelihood as them calling out Kane for going on strike.
Ha! Remember when Neville kept calling Pogba a disgrace for ducking out of a freekick?
Souness was questioning his 'mentality' for getting a haircut before a match?

No doubt they'll say nothing of the sort about Kane :lol:

OL29

Ha! Remember when Neville kept calling Pogba a disgrace for ducking out of a freekick?
Souness was questioning his 'mentality' for getting a haircut before a match?

No doubt they'll say nothing of the sort about Kane :lol:
:lol: At this point, it feels like it’s some sort of inside joke because there’re no way they can justify this sort of double standard.

Vanrouge

@Wedge said he "leans into racist tropes." That's not necessarily the same thing as calling him a racist. Hair is a big red flag. As are allegations of laziness. All these things on their own might mean nothing, but the fact that Sourness raises them again and again could indicate either a dog whistle to racists or a kind of subconscious racism on his part (a kind of "old man yells at cloud" or "you kids get off my lawn" type of thing). But what bothers me is that these pundits will have had media training on issues of sensitivity, and yet Sourness continues to make the same comments repeatedly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Souness frothing at the mouth with talk of Pogba. Demanded they change the subject :lol:
It was killing him that Pogba put a master class in yesterday.
And getting irate at Richard's very fair comment that "England hero" Kane is getting away with clearly massively angling for a move, and refusing to go to training, yet Pogba who has never said anything, or missed training gets all the grief.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"Oh i've got extra info that Kane didn't miss training"

No you haven't you berk, he did miss it!

laughtersassassin

Look how they shut Micah down cause they don't like they're hypocrisy being pointed out.

Sounness stamping his feet, turning his back and begging to change subject cause he has no retort to the situation.

It's irrational hate or its the R word that I know people don't like being pointed out on here!

Neville feeds into the situation too. How they can't spot the difference in treatment is insane! Kane not turning up for training is literally miles worse than anything Pogba has ever done!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
@Wedge said he "leans into racist tropes." That's not necessarily the same thing as calling him a racist. Hair is a big red flag. As are allegations of laziness. All these things on their own might mean nothing, but the fact that Sourness raises them again and again could indicate either a dog whistle to racists or a kind of subconscious racism on his part (a kind of "old man yells at cloud" or "you kids get off my lawn" type of thing). But what bothers me is that these pundits will have had media training on issues of sensitivity, and yet Sourness continues to make the same comments repeatedly.
Excellent post.

Sylar

Look how they shut Micah down cause they don't like they're hypocrisy being pointed out.

Sounness stamping his feet, turning his back and begging to change subject cause he has no retort to the situation.

It's irrational hate or its the R word that I know people don't like being pointed out on here!

Neville feeds into the situation too. How they can't spot the difference in treatment is insane! Kane not turning up for training is literally miles worse than anything Pogba has ever done!
I missed it the first time, but does Neville say "who abuses Paul pogba" ... seriously?

Withnail

That's outrageous. He was making a point about Kane so it was totally relevant.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Meh I don't like souness never rated him as a player and I dont as a pundit.
Sourness couldn’t keep up with the fitness regimes of current players, he doesn’t have the mental strength of someone like Paul Pogba to keep in such incredible shape, and stay away from alcohol and drugs.

He certainly looks like an alcoholic.

lsd

The Oracle

It's a bit sad that Richards is the only one that can see the comparison to criticism of English players to non English players

We can remember Gary Neville and his weekly tirades of Martial not so long ago and it's sad to see how quick he was to back Souness here

Maybe it is racism I would like to think it's not and Souness has another reason for his dislike of Pogba

laughtersassassin

I missed it the first time, but does Neville say "who abuses Paul pogba" ... seriously?
He did! It's shameful.

All people ask for is a bit of consistency in how they treat players.

I remember a couple season ago Sounness called Pogba a "Dope" on air and no one batted an eyelid.

Haven't seen him call any white people a dope during his analysis. Haven't seen him say Harry Kane has a bad attitude, not even an ounce of criticism for it.

We sat through years of Pogba being criticised for haircuts. Foden gets a haircut and it's a symbol of the nation.

For people who have media training they sure let their bias and hypocrisy shine through.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Gary comes across as same kind of idiot as Souness there.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Well done Micah.

Sylar

He did! It's shameful.

All people ask for is a bit of consistency in how they treat players.

I remember a couple season ago Sounness called Pogba a "Dope" on air and no one batted an eyelid.

Haven't seen him call any white people a dope during his analysis. Haven't seen him say Harry Kane has a bad attitude, not even an ounce of criticism for it.

We sat through years of Pogba being criticised for haircuts. Foden gets a haircut and it's a symbol of the nation.

For people who have media training they sure let their bias and hypocrisy shine through.
Its outrageous that these people have agendas and let it fill the airwaves. I like Micah, just a shame he was shut down for pointing it out in a conversation where it was relevant (and he even had to justify why he was talking about it)

laughtersassassin

It's a bit sad that Richards is the only one that can see the comparison to criticism of English players to non English players

We can remember Gary Neville and his weekly tirades of Martial not so long ago and it's sad to see how quick he was to back Souness here

Maybe it is racism I would like to think it's not and Souness has another reason for his dislike of Pogba
He couldn't possibly have another reason considering they've never had a bloody conversation in their life.

He probably hates the type of person he is. Someone who is happy and can have a laugh without being black out drunk and coked up.

It's also a very uncomfortable situation that the only person that is being shut down in that conversation is Micah. His points are dismissed despite being valid

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
People pay too much attention to what pundits say or so. Most of them are nonsense talking ballbags. Give yourselves a break and don’t listen to them. Remember when your man on RTE couldn’t give any praise to Ronaldo, “he’s a circus act” etc. Hilarious crap punditry