Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Look how they shut Micah down cause they don't like they're hypocrisy being pointed out.

Sounness stamping his feet, turning his back and begging to change subject cause he has no retort to the situation.

It's irrational hate or its the R word that I know people don't like being pointed out on here!

Neville feeds into the situation too. How they can't spot the difference in treatment is insane! Kane not turning up for training is literally miles worse than anything Pogba has ever done!
Good on Richards. The rest are a disgrace here. How can they not see the double standards. So blinkered.

Spoony

The People's President
Bashing Pogba is easy clickbait. Sure he's not been consistent, but when he's on his game, he's probably the best player to watch on the planet. Must admit I like him loads.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
People pay too much attention to what pundits say or so. Most of them are nonsense talking ballbags. Give yourselves a break and don’t listen to them. Remember when your man on RTE couldn’t give any praise to Ronaldo, “he’s a circus act” etc. Hilarious crap punditry
This is a dangerous attitude imo, we wonder why racism & abuse in social media is so normalised and fans don't seem to get educated, and nothing seems to change.
It's no surprise that football fans tend to parrot commentary they see elsewhere by 'experts' and the like - if those same experts are being unconsciously biased, then it leads to a further division that we see right now.
The treatment that Pogba receives in comparison to others, is frankly inexcusable.

SirAnderson

Look how they shut Micah down cause they don't like they're hypocrisy being pointed out.

Sounness stamping his feet, turning his back and begging to change subject cause he has no retort to the situation.

It's irrational hate or its the R word that I know people don't like being pointed out on here!

Neville feeds into the situation too. How they can't spot the difference in treatment is insane! Kane not turning up for training is literally miles worse than anything Pogba has ever done!
For all his laughing, Micah has gone a bit up in my estimation of him. Calling it out exactly spot on. Sourness was fuming. :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Neville tries so hard to appear unbiased, he ends up being biased.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He’s clearly just wumming now, you could see the smirk when he made those comments. I’ve stopped being annoyed about this and actually just find it funny now.
It peaked about a year ago when even the presenter started ripping him apart over it and he was visibly furious. After that point anyone he's put on punditry with just wums/goads it out of him.

Souness just seems an easy man to annoy. They were all ganging up on him after the cancelled United vs Liverpool game last season as well. Turned oput he was angry because someone threw a flare but Keane and co got a good hour of taunting him in before he finally went into a raging rant.

Withnail

People pay too much attention to what pundits say or so. Most of them are nonsense talking ballbags. Give yourselves a break and don’t listen to them. Remember when your man on RTE couldn’t give any praise to Ronaldo, “he’s a circus act” etc. Hilarious crap punditry
"He's a cod. He'll never be a player" :lol:

laughtersassassin

For all his laughing, Micah has gone a bit up in my estimation of him. Calling it out exactly spot on. Sourness was fuming. :lol:

Stuff like this is a large part of the reason I will always back Pogba to the hilt. Even when he goes.

When the treatment of one player versus the next is so blatantly got nothing to do with actual football it's a very uncomfortable listen.

Ram1fy

Stuff like this is a large part of the reason I will always back Pogba to the hilt. Even when he goes.

When the treatment of one player versus the next is so blatantly got nothing to do with actual football it's a very uncomfortable listen.
It’s called racism. Sterling, Pogba can’t have dreams. Kane can

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What other "information" does Sourness have about Kane not turning up to training?!

He didn't turn up - end of story.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s called racism. Sterling, Pogba can’t have dreams. Kane can
In fairness, Pogba is already at the biggest club in the country, and in many people's opinion world.

It's quite different to Kane who is only at the 3rd biggest club in his own city! And who have won 1 league cup in 20 years.

Although I do agree with the rest about why isn't Kane getting the flack for his sulking to try and force the move.

laughtersassassin

What other "information" does Sourness have about Kane not turning up to training?!

He didn't turn up - end of story.
He is white so he can do no wrong.

Also I laugh that they pretend wanting to leave is disagceful but skipping Training isn't.

Let's get this straight. There is nothing wrong with Pogba or any player wanting to leave a club. What's important is as long as you are at that club you operate as normal and train. He has always done that.

Kane has not! Only one should be criticised in any shape or form!

How many times do people need to here from stories with the club that Pogba is a model professional to believe it? Same info from Juve, same from France.

Only Jose has said different and he was trying to bring him down his sinking ship like he has done to a thousand others!

SirAnderson

Agreed. It's so hypocritical. Neville has the audacity to even say "who is abusing him?" my word, it's astonishing.

tjb

This is a dangerous attitude imo, we wonder why racism & abuse in social media is so normalised and fans don't seem to get educated, and nothing seems to change.
It's no surprise that football fans tend to parrot commentary they see elsewhere by 'experts' and the like - if those same experts are being unconsciously biased, then it leads to a further division that we see right now.
The treatment that Pogba receives in comparison to others, is frankly inexcusable.
That's the problem with the punditry. How much analysis do they really do? You have too many pundits with too many friends and biases that are allowed to be aired on TV. I dislike the narrative creation that bringing in purely media members that the US has, but the analysis and reasons they give for their points ( aside from some shows like Unidisputed) ensure that it's not simply pub talk.

Ram1fy

In fairness, Pogba is already at the biggest club in the country, and in many people's opinion world.

It's quite different to Kane who is only at the 3rd biggest club in his own city! And who have won 1 league cup in 20 years.

Although I do agree with the rest about why isn't Kane getting the flack for his sulking to try and force the move.
maybe race or something else, but there is always something with “non-conforming to stereotype” players getting a different treatment. Pogba has been one of the most well-behaving players on the pitch, almost comes off as “soft” or “naive” to me, so does sterling and even rooney for that matter. Someone like Kane,Neville who are more “worldly” and know to say the right things are considered gentlemen and saints and get away with a lot.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Let's get this straight. There is nothing wrong with Pogba or any player wanting to leave a club. What's important is as long as you are at that club you operate as normal and train. He has always done that.
This needs to be repeated. There is also nothing wrong with a player rejecting a contract offer.
We all do this in our own professional lives (look for a new job while at our current job, negotiate salary & bonuses etc) so it's not unreasonable to expect footballers to do the same, while they have a much shorter career.

That's the problem with the punditry. How much analysis do they really do? You have too many pundits with too many friends and biases that are allowed to be aired on TV. I dislike the narrative creation that bringing in purely media members that the US has, but the analysis and reasons they give for their points ( aside from some shows like Unidisputed) ensure that it's not simply pub talk.
Yep, it quickly becomes a small select circle that tend to talk like they're in a WhatsApp group chat, rather than providing actual analysis. That can be fine in moments, but I think it feeds into the general ignorance, lack of knowledge present in fans as well as the over reliance on stats like goals & assists as a determining factor in determining a player's performance. Likewise with the commentary.
There's very few pundits who's analysis is actually insightful these days, but I think Alex Scott is among the best of the lot.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The problem is, they carry a tremendous amount of sway amongst supporters with no critical thinking skills who will parrot what they say verbatim, or hold onto it subconsciously and frame a player and his character off the back of it. If you have enough supporters doing that, any tone can be set whether it’s true, false or hideously tilted with bias.

Richards calling out the hypocrisy today was important and the lack of sensible rebuttal telling - it’s a microcosm of what we get on here time and again when certain players are mentioned, which shows the damage it can do.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think it's the 'R' word here with Neville or Souness.
They are pals with Kane, not Pogba.
At worst you could call it unintentional xenophobia towards Pogba. Similar thing happened to dives. They always found it easier to criticise foreign players diving, but not English.

Agree on everything else written here. Kane's behaviour has been far worse. Refusing to train. Not at all comparable to Pogba who only had a mouthy agent, but the lad made himself available for selection at all times.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
maybe race or something else, but there is always something with “non-conforming to stereotype” players getting a different treatment. Pogba has been one of the most well-behaving players on the pitch, almost comes off as “soft” or “naive” to me, so does sterling and even rooney for that matter. Someone like Kane,Neville who are more “worldly” and know to say the right things are considered gentlemen and saints and get away with a lot.
Race might well affect some people's views, but for some of us, we can look beyond that and think.

Pogba is one of the highest paid players in world football, yet doesn't consistently hit anywhere near a level befitting that. Has one of the worst agents, and so we constantly have the classic "circus" regarding him. We've had circuses in the past like with Beckham, but he generally did perform at the top level.

Not sure what G Nev has got away with as such, but a lot of us are rightly calling Kane out for his very obvious engineering a move behaviour.

Ram1fy

The issue is viewers don’t have a say in who is getting the platforms. Post match punditry at sky is almost the default platform to get an analysis of the game, so it’s important for sky to make sure that a) the pundits stick purely to assessing the games and the actions that happen in the game or b) choosing commentators who are more hard-working and take their jobs responsible.

people’s willingness to get post match analysis and taking it seriously is not the main issue here

lsd

The Oracle

Yeah but to be fair he did come round and admit he was way wrong on that one.

I cannot see Souness or Neville ever doing that

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Just look at his body language when he gets called out. I don't know how he is allowed to be a presenter. Ole really needs to call this out.

laughtersassassin

Yeah but to be fair he did come round and admit he was way wrong on that one.

I cannot see Souness or Neville ever doing that
They will use Pogba leaving as proof they are correct.

But in truth as I said earlier there is nothing wrong with wanting to leave.

All that matter is while you are at a club you continue to train and play as normal. And Pogba has always done so.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is souness a bit of a racist or has racial tendencies because he definitely targets pogba a lot.
I don’t think he’s racist, no. Just bitter.
i actually thought Souness was better on RTE back in the day.

Really miss it actually… Giles and Dunphy tearing into players.:(

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
They will use Pogba leaving as proof they are correct.

But in truth as I said earlier there is nothing wrong with wanting to leave.

All that matter is while you are at a club you continue to train and play as normal. And Pogba has always done so.
More than happy if Pogba walks on a free if he performs and gives his all. feck anybody who thinks otherwise

laughtersassassin

More than happy if Pogba walks on a free if he performs and gives his all. feck anybody who thinks otherwise
In truth it won't matter how he performs.

What will matter is if we win anything or not.

If we don't win anything again all his good performances will be ignored as they always are.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not sure what G Nev has got away with as such, but a lot of us are rightly calling Kane out for his very obvious engineering a move behaviour.
I’m guessing it’s him arguing with Micahs claim that people give Pogba abuse (especially when one is standing right next to him) and maybe not agreeing other players seem to get an easier ride.

Micah makes the independent comment but Neville is never going to back that up… until it suits him.

From a United fan base, having an ex City player stand up and point out the hypocrisy is always going to look odd when a so called United legend (not my description, never has been) let’s it go. Also just adds to the persistent English bias that Neville is accused of.

And Souness “can we move on… can we talk about Chelsea or Liverpool”. He’s like fecking Grandpa Simpson and Sky let it go because it creates social media discussion/clicks.

Spoony

The People's President

Kane is untouchable. It's disgusting.

Brightonian

Pogba has failed to shut his agent up. Kane has refused to show up to training and is creating a situation where his manager cannot choose him in the starting XI. The subtleties of either situation are irrelevant: what Kane is doing is massively more unprofessional than anything Pogba has ever done at United.

And of course race comes into it. The problem is that people can't distinguish between 'race is an element in this discussion' and 'Gary Neville is a racist and so are you!'. It's not the same thing. No-one is being accused of being a 'racist' in the old-fashioned sense. But the reason Harry Kane's reputation is surviving something Pogba's never would in this country is that Kane is a 'nice respectful English boy' and Pogba is a 'flash, cocky urban French kid who is too keen on being friends with rappers'. And if you can't hear how racially codified that is, you're deaf.

Spoony

The People's President
Pogba has failed to shut his agent up. Kane has refused to show up to training and is creating a situation where his manager cannot choose him in the starting XI. The subtleties of either situation are irrelevant: what Kane is doing is massively more unprofessional than anything Pogba has ever done at United.

And of course race comes into it. The problem is that people can't distinguish between 'race is an element in this discussion' and 'Gary Neville is a racist and so are you!'. It's not the same thing. No-one is being accused of being a 'racist' in the old-fashioned sense. But the reason Harry Kane's reputation is surviving something Pogba's never would in this country is that Kane is a 'nice respectful English boy' and Pogba is a 'flash, cocky urban French kid who is too keen on being friends with rappers'. And if you can't hear how racially codified that is, you're deaf.

Perhaps Ole has to mention the abuse Pogba gets...has racist undertones. It would shut them up. I thought it was disgusting the way they almost gagged Micah for pointing out the hypocrisy.

Back To Madeira

Can't wait to see the head on Souness when Pogba lifts Number 21 aloft next May.

As for Neville and that footballing saint crap. He sounds clueless. Does every footballer stay in nightclubs until 4am apart from Sir Harry Kane?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Sourness' blatant disdain for Pogba is really quite something to behold. It's based on absolutely nothing it would seem. I doubt he knows him personally, so he's essentially nothing more than a quintessential tabloid muppet who bases his entire agenda on gutter journalism.

the_cliff

Sourness' blatant disdain for Pogba is really quite something to behold. It's based on absolutely nothing it would seem. I doubt he knows him personally, so he's essentially nothing more than a quintessential tabloid muppet who bases his entire agenda on gutter journalism.
It got a lot worse when someone asked Pogba if he was listening to Sourenesses criticism...

Pogba said he didn't know who he was. :lol: :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That 1-minute clip is enough for me to know I don't want to watch Sky's shite.

What a bunch of entitled little boys, shutting down Micah Richards. It's bordering on bullying on TV and it pisses me off.

Neville has gone down another notch in my estimation of him. Bloody hypocrite.

Jaxa

It's disgraceful,

I unfortunately expect it with that racist cnut Souness but Gary should also be ashamed of himself, talks all the talk about anti racism etc but imagine there wasn't a man of colour on the pundit lineup tonight to at least question this constant bias, it would just continue to fuel the racist bullsh*t Pogba has to endure constantly as do so many black players, Sky also can go f*** themselves constantly getting David Jones to stop any form of open discussion when it enters the realm of racism but as long as they put BLM banners on their shows and create a few ads it's fine.

I am no fan of Pogba allowing his rat bag agent continuously speak about him moving to other clubs but professional pundits, media outlets etc or anyone for that matter trying to convince us that what Kane is doing is fine and not the same as the Pogba situation when in truth it's 10x worse is down to racism, unconscious racism whatever you want to call it it doesn't matter,

Don't ever be fooled by Sky and all their anti racism crap until they start condemning people like Souness who is allowed to continue to have an agenda against Paul Pogba and allow it as it fuels more conversation through social media, gets more clicks etc but what they don't see first hand is that it vindicates the racists who are also spewing abuse at Pogba for the same thing,

Anyway rant over but I am sick of this same crap on my TV Screen every week, sack Souness and get more people of colour on our screens and allow more open discussions on racism, until then shove your hollow BLM adverts up your a*se SKY we all know you don't really give a crap.