Graham Potter | turns down Ajax job

bringbackbebe

Big day today in that we can see the first big sack of the season with tens of millions of pounds going the way of someone's bank account!
Think they'll give him time till they exit the champions league on Tuesday.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
They aren't losing to Leeds at home
I watched the Fulham v Leeds match in the week, Leeds were pretty good all game, and lost to two excellent shots, but during the game had twice as many shots on goal than Fulham, plus had, what I thought, was a perfectly good goal ruled out. Mind you, Chelsea create a fair few chances, but can't seem to score, so it could be 0-0.

lex talionis

It would be shocking, though not surprising, if Leeds left the bridge with three points today.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Yay a win. Taking it to the corner in 92nd minute and hanging on v Leeds...That's our level at the moment.

We should be able to improve a lot, eventually!

Chief123

Good result today for Potter Watch. We need the odd win to prolong his reign.

Their last 16 PL games
W3 D6 L7

Another defeat would have been too much!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He gets another 3 weeks. When we get knocked out he can feck off.

Uniquim

Chelsea have not lost a game since last month.
Chelsea have won all their games since last month.
Chelsea have not conceded a single goal since last month.

Probably the form side in Europe atm.
No reason to sack Potter, really.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Great achievement from him.. I can see Chelsea in the semifinal if they now get one of Benfica, Tot/ACM or Porto/Inter..

Chief123

Great win! Just what we needed. It was beginning to look bleak with a sacking looming.

frostbite

Chelsea have not lost a game since last month.
Chelsea have won all their games since last month.
Chelsea have not conceded a single goal since last month.

Probably the form side in Europe atm.
No reason to sack Potter, really.
And they are accelerating. They scored one goal in the last game. Two goals today. If they keep this up, by the end of the month they'll be scoring 10.

Siorac

The only reason they went through tonight is so that Potter can keep his job until just before they visit Old Trafford.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I’ve no idea why but as a United fan I’m happy chelsea won. It’s definitely cause of how shit it’s been for potter, or how shit Potter has been.
I'm quite happy that Chelsea won if only because they might make things slightly harder for City than Yellow Leeds would have done if they draw them.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if this will be his Ole v PSG moment.... and that's not a good thing btw
I mean this could well end up as false dawn but looking at both games in isolation there's no comparison.

You basically shit housed it (which was fair enough given the team you had out), Dortmund were lucky this tie was even a contest.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It would was a good European performance and Potter is a better manager than Roberto Di Matteo so it wouldn’t be out of character for Chelsea to win the Champions League this year.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Hyping that up as an achievement in itself is laughable. Tuchel did this in his first season with Chelsea - without group games mind you.
It’s not really hype. In fact is a really depressing stat when you actually pay attention to it. It’s taken 20 years for another english manager to win 5 CL games in a season. 20 years and probably not many were given a chance to do it either.

Everyone needs to stop pointlessly attacking Potter. He hasn’t done the best of jobs but I don’t believe anyone would have in the same situation.

Mike Smalling

It’s not really hype. In fact is a really depressing stat when you actually pay attention to it. It’s taken 20 years for another english manager to win 5 CL games in a season. 20 years and probably not many were given a chance to do it either.
I agree, it's a stat that says more about English managers over the last many years, than it does about Potter. To put "Revival" at the end of the tweet like it is some kind of amazing thing is still laughable to me. I don't really see how it's depressing, but then again I'm not English, so I really don't care about the level of English managers or what chances they or are not given.

Everyone needs to stop pointlessly attacking Potter. He hasn’t done the best of jobs but I don’t believe anyone would have in the same situation.
Understatement of the year.