Gaming Gran Turismo 5

WeasteDevil

GT5:P seems to have gone and done something rather interesting, unless this is fake bullshit (Sony still holds the F1 licence).....

GTSurgeons - Croatian Gran Turismo Community (Gran Turismo zajednica Hrvatska) - Proudly presents

GTSurgeons.com for GTPlanet.net

WORLD'S FIRST GT5: PROLOGUE PAL HANDS-ON

Oops, I did it again Many thanx to my friends who gave me another oportunity to do this, as many times before.

You get the content of this thread from the title, I've just announced it, and now I have something important to do for the next hour or so , so please expect first update around 18:00 my local time (17:00 CET).

Until then, just few muggy shots of the box and start-screen - I couldn't use flash since the damn surfaces reflects all

More updates soon, thank God it's Friday.

Notice I'll be adding all new info in this first post.

FIRST UPDATE

OK - so let's start

Opening sequence of the game is totaly new, with some of the most gorgeous visuals ever seen. I guess PD outdid themselves one more time and I'm scared how the GT5 will look one day if this is Prologue. At the end there is a sweet glance of an F1 car - as I alreaddy posted - and about which I'll talk later. I do not want to record it or youtube it, since I find that move questionable and I don't want to ruin the surprise for nobody or hurt any copyrights.

Also, I will not take pictures of all the cars, all new outdoor locations and such because of the same reasons described above. I hope you'll be satisified with all other info. Please, understand.

Game takes 13 minutes to install on HDD, and game file is 5880MB big. In GT:TV I couldn't access any content besides opening sequence, not even the new feature movie that should have been there. Maybe it opens at later point, when online will be revealed, or at the end of the Carrer mode. I'll inform about that later on.

Notice that I've been told that Online service will start it's work on 27th March, but it's still officialy unconfirmed. That of course means that no online features can be accesed (NEWS/GTTV/ONLINE) and no connection to online services can't be established at this point.

New things in Game Options are:

•*adjustable number od laps for Arcade and 2P Battles - 2 to 99 laps (great )
•*unit coverter is here, for all our Imperial friends in GB and Downunder (my best to my cousins in Sydney)
•*new Driving Force GT wheel is the only wheel that can have new "Live-Dynamics" on-wheel, however
•*"Live-Dynamics" can be mapped to controller buttons for usage with other supported wheels
•*FF can be adjusted in 1-10 strenght (as in JP game)
•*G25 is not on the supported list (so was not in JP game, and I'll ty it later on for second update) but I guess it works

Now about Dealerships and Cars, Ferrari and Unexpected Surprise of All Times (or "What actually happend with Sony's F1 licence and how they obviusely found a new way to breed life into somehow deceasing genre of F1 games:

You know the car list from the previous thread (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96425) so I won't loose any time in repeating it.

Just notice that 5 cars that were excluded from SCEE's list for PAL when compared to SCEA's list for USA are NOT in the rooster. So, maybe those 5 cars (Lexus IS F Tuned Car, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) Tuned Car, Peugeot 207GTI '07, Peugeot 307cc Premium AVN '04 and RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7) will become available after US games comes out via some update.

Tuner's Cars have their separate Showrooms (Amuse, Blitz, Mine's and Morrisson), while "Tuned Cars" (notice the difference) are listed in their special dealership called "Concept Cars by Gran Turismo". There lies Ford GT LM (whiich actualy IS a race-car specificed, so there ARE race-cars in GT5:P), Viper SRT10 Tuned Car and others.

Everybody is crazy about Ferrari, so there are 5 cars there. F430, 599, F40 and 512BB. And - as you've guessed well on later pages of this thread - 2007 F1 car with both "5" and "6" numbers and both colour - light red and rich red. So, there maybe lies a hint of the future of F1 games and maybe we can expect that whole F1 Championship could end up as a separate venue in Gran Turismo 5, with all teams and circuits. It's a gretest-speculation-of-them-all at this point, but it could skyrocket the Gran Turismo series sales, skyrocket it's market-impact and finally resolve the somehow crazy situation that F1 games were very low at sales when sold separately while overall inerest for sport was rising. We'll see that in near future. I attached few caps of F1 car below, as well as F40 cap from the Dealership. In future updates I'll give the interiours for both cars.

Notice that Ferrari F12007 costs enourmous 2,000,000 credits, and it has do with something I'll write below. For compare, F40 is "just" 450,000 credits, while F599 (most exppensive car in japanese version of the game) is bargained at 275,000 or something. There will be lots of driving I guess.

Garage can get a hold of up to 146 cars in total.

About Money, Events and Arcade:

You start the game with 35,000 credits.

I had a hard time choosing which car to start with (couln't enter Events without buying the car, so I didn't know have they had changed anything in structure), and finaly I went with Integra Type-R over Focus ST and Golf GTi Series 5. Of course, Events are radically changed - for now, there are 10 of them per venue. As for now, I can't enter at B or A venue (only C), but I'll give you thier content in next updates.

Now, events are listed, and resembles ones seen in Online (pic attached). There are 3 types so far: Race, Time-Trial and Mission, with treir recognizable icons. I'll get on that after I finish writing this update.

Arcade Mode offers 3 types of races: Race, Time-Trial and Drift. Strange thing is that I couldn't change tyre-type on my Integra in Time-Trial mode, which I find somewhat intriguing and have no idea what's the case there.

Also, there was NO PLACE where I could find new "Quick Tune-Up" screen, which is BTW a host of a brand new feature which went totaly unnoticed, although it was in front of our faces - do you notice the "Performance Points" number?

PTS are something we saw before in "Forza" game series for example, and they're some kind of calculation of the overall performance of the car (as says the in-game Manual). Changing the different values can increas/decrease your PSI, making your car competitive to other cars (like Lotus to BMW). My rough guess is that both "Quick Tune Facility" and PSI will become avalable when Online Service starts, and it coould be a real glympse of Private Lobbyes, since I do not see any other reason for that being in the game. Which makes me even more excited.

2 Player races are classic split-screen though, and there are just 2 views-on-the-car available - over the car and classic-bonnet. No inteiours in 2P, but I didn't expect them to be there in any case.

GT5:Prologue also supports Dual Shock 3 controller, and as I have one, I can tell that rumble is present, and in line with feeling known from GT4 game.

This concludes the first update. Enjoy the first ever F1 pictures and other few snaps I've done.
http://www.gtplanet.net/

and the usual.....

all sinfully ripped from elsewhere.

WeasteDevil

Because the Prologue is basically a Beta. GT5 is not finished by a long shot. So, you pay for the Beta (20 quid is it?) if you cannot wait another year, and they get your feedback and stick it into the main game. For example, they have said that they have very little experience with online play, and want to try stuff out. It also takes time to model all of the cars and tracks that will be in the full GT5. Most are probably not finished, tracks will be in the 50+ and cars in silly numbers.

And to get people to buy this..

This is one of the biggest selling games series in all history, over 60 million, it is a system seller. I think that Mario is the only other system exclusive game series to sell more.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
So is this Prologue / beta worth getting then?

I'm sure I played the demo of this prologue and found a few problems when trying to turn around a corner as the car just gradually slowed down to a stop until you stopped turning. Made it unplayable really but everything else was alright. I'm guessing it will be different in this release!?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Its worth getting yeah. You can pick it up from Play.com for £18.00 bargain if you ask me.

WeasteDevil

While crashing and doing donuts mid circuit the other day in GT Prologue I had a chat with SCEE NZ’s Marketing Manager Dave Hine and Paul Gunn (PR Extraordinaire) about the sales figures for GT Prologue and whether they thought the online would outsell the hard copy on Blu Disc. They expressed their surprise at the popularity of War Hawk as down-loadable software and said that they anticipated GT to receive an even warmer welcome when it comes out later this month.

Also mentioned in the conversation was that the pre-order figures for the SCEE regions show orders already at one million. Making the PS3’s first pre release Platinum title.
http://www.geekpulp.co.nz/2008/03/15/gt-prologue-pre-orders-reach-one-million/

1 million pre-orders for Europe and Australasia alone - christ knows what GT5 proper will do in a year's time.

WeasteDevil

10 days..... 10 days!

Seems it's on TV back home now in form of adverts.

Come on.....

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is set to weigh in at 1870MB on PlayStation Network when it goes on sale next Thursday, 27th March.

That's how big the game was when we downloaded it to put together our exclusive review of the PAL version, and Sony has confirmed to Eurogamer that it will be the same when the game goes live on the PlayStation 3 Store.

1.9GB isn't exactly huge, especially given that PS3 games can take advantage of Blu-ray's 50GB if they choose, so how do they do that?

One way Prologue reduces its footprint is by leaving cinematics on the server until you choose to download them from GT TV. You can choose to download the opening movie at any time, and when you finish Event series you're told that you can now download the end movie from the in-game high-definition TV download page.

According to a Sony spokesperson, both movies will be included on the Blu-ray disc version of the game.

Playing through the European version of Prologue also gave us a chance to check out some of its new features, like the Quick Tune mode.

New to the PAL release, Quick Tune is unlocked when you finish C, B and A-class races in Event mode, and lets you adjust tons of car settings before each race, giving you a performance-points score based on the balance you strike.

You can also store up different configurations to switch between in real-time during races. These configs can be assigned to buttons on the Sixaxis or Driving Force GT steering wheel.

For those of you who care, the options you can adjust using Quick Tune are: power, weight, tyre, aerodynamics, ride height, spring rate, damper, toe angle, camber angle, brake balance, traction control, max turning angle, ABS, torque balance and gear ratios. The Quick Tune page also shows you graphs of power/torque and gear ratio to help you see what you're doing.

Advanced players can also opt for Professional physics rather than Standard, as they could in the Japanese release, while other assists (for correcting oversteer and preventing skidding) are offered along with the traditional driving line, which now benefits from displaying target speeds over the far end of red braking sections to help you work out exactly when to reapply acceleration.

For more on all that, check out our Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PAL review. The game's due out on PSN on 27th March and at retail on 28th March.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is cluttered with minor imperfections and imbalances such as these. Event mode takes longer to finish than many of the PS3's big-name action games, and Quick Tune extends its life considerably, but it's not brilliantly structured. Drift Trials are separate, racing penalties are ignored until S-Class and Manufacturer races. The gorgeous London track is barely used unless you go after it. Prologue's definitely not just a demo, but it's not quite a game, either - it's more of a play-set for petrolheads, declining to impress more than a tokenistic difficulty curve upon you and letting you tinker and challenge yourself instead. As a result it's not quite brilliant, and we particularly mourn the apparently stillborn online racing, but there's more than enough here to justify the asking price, and exploring it all is a consistently pleasurable experience, which should have considerable appeal for GT's ardent supporters and satisfy the curiosity of the rapidly-growing PS3 installed base at the same time.
No shit?

vanthaman

Winner
if only they had a design tool like in forza 2, it would be great to be able to create the F1 cars, thats one thing missing in forza

ben_united

Anyone know anymore about the F1 part, as i have been craving for an F1 game for ages, a decent one that is.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Weaste, you're killing me with this thread.

I so wanted to be happy with my PC gaming choice, but I am really gonna miss this game, especially if it goes down the F1 route too., by far my favorite game ever, used to love bombing round Trial Mountain.

Feck.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Damn the F1 car gives me a insane urge to buy the Prologue...

WeasteDevil

Weaste, you're killing me with this thread.

I so wanted to be happy with my PC gaming choice, but I am really gonna miss this game, especially if it goes down the F1 route too., by far my favorite game ever, used to love bombing round Trial Mountain.

Feck.
A bit of a ride in a Ferrari F2007 around Suzuka per chance?

He he!

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
What do you mean you just got it, you twat!

You bummed some bloke in a game shop didn't you? I fecking hate you, I can't get mine until tomorrow!

Bastard! Cock! I Hate you!
Released today in Sweden:D

Took a while to get it installed on hdd and now it's downloading a huge update that is taking forever...

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
What do you mean you just got it, you twat!

You bummed some bloke in a game shop didn't you? I fecking hate you, I can't get mine until tomorrow!

Bastard! Cock! I Hate you!

So this is where the Richter hating thread has gone. I hate you to Richter

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I'm seriously going to overplay this prologue.

Woodzy

Mine is going to be dispatched shortly apparently. Probably means i have no chance of it getting here till Friday. Should have ordered off gameplay, but its got to the point where i actually care about adding points to my game reward card, which is quite sad.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'll be trading in Need For Speed ProShite for Prologue on Friday, hopefully i wont have to pay a penny on top.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Got mine today, fecking brilliant! Graphics are stunning, the in-car view whilst racing is great and gameplay seems to be a lot better than previous versions. Plenty to do, even for a prologue. Well worth £20.

Woodzy

I got it about an hour ago, but it's still installing updates! And for some reason, i had to downgrade my system version to 2.16 or summin like that, then had to re-install version 2.20 to get back online. Hopefully it's currently installing the final update though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I got it about an hour ago, but it's still installing updates! And for some reason, i had to downgrade my system version to 2.16 or summin like that, then had to re-install version 2.20 to get back online. Hopefully it's currently installing the final update though.
:lol:

Had the exact same thing! Had to install version 2.20, install GT to my HDD and then download an update, piss take!

Woodzy

:lol:

Had the exact same thing! Had to install version 2.20, install GT to my HDD and then download an update, piss take!
Did the update also take forever by any chance? I watched it for about 10 minutes, then realised i may as well go do something else while it does it, but it's been like half hour now, and it's just over half complete. I guess so many people are trying to download it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Did the update also take forever by any chance? I watched it for about 10 minutes, then realised i may as well go do something else while it does it, but it's been like half hour now, and it's just over half complete. I guess so many people are trying to download it.
Took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get everything installed and finally getting to play.

I watched Judge Judy to pass the time:)