Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
If any of you thugs want to share your PSN names with me so we can compare dick sizes (although as far as lap times go, the smaller the better :lol: ) feel free to PM me

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I've barely touched the menu, on to round 7 or 8. Been going to Gold on the licenses so far, onto IA-9 which ill have to complete tomorrow. It actually took me an hour to do IA-8 to gold :(.

Im tempted to do the super czr licence to silver, then bust out the menu, races and challenges before returning to do Gold at a later date? Ill see how i get on.

pacifictheme

I've barely touched the menu, on to round 7 or 8. Been going to Gold on the licenses so far, onto IA-9 which ill have to complete tomorrow. It actually took me an hour to do IA-8 to gold :(.

Im tempted to do the super czr licence to silver, then bust out the menu, races and challenges before returning to do Gold at a later date? Ill see how i get on.
I have put the simulation ghost on at 0.2 seconds ahead of me up the road so I can copy it and it's helped.

Only up to thr end of international b at the moment.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not just that, there’s some good cars as well to be had so you’re not racing a shit box from the start
if I had one criticism of the game it’s that you don’t spend enough time in a shit box. I liked that on the older games where it felt like you really had to earn the right to be in the higher performance cars whereas you don’t really in this one.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
if I had one criticism of the game it’s that you don’t spend enough time in a shit box. I liked that on the older games where it felt like you really had to earn the right to be in the higher performance cars whereas you don’t really in this one.
Yeah the shitbox racing was the best. I remember having some weird van thing in gt2 or GT3 to start with.

iammemphis

Wait, you can add a ghost of the ideal lap?
Yeah. Can be handy but frustrating aswell. They always fly off on some corners. I prefer watching the demo and then going by my best ghost if I still can't do it after a while.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I wish there was a way to put your friends ghost car on, my mate has gold on literally every license so I’d love to be able to follow his car best I can Just to to see where I’m going wrong or losing time.

I find the cpu ghost car a little hit and miss.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I wish there was a way to put your friends ghost car on, my mate has gold on literally every license so I’d love to be able to follow his car best I can Just to to see where I’m going wrong or losing time.

I find the cpu ghost car a little hit and miss.
I thought friends ghost cars was a common thing these days?

iammemphis

As a heads up, I've been stung by not closing the PS5 GT7 app, and instead going straight into rest mode. Then i turned the PS5 back on the next day and opened up the app. It continued from where i left off, no problems i thought. Turned out next day after a full shut down and Refreshed app ALL of that nights progress was lost. All the gold licences from IA-6 to IA-9.

Big pain in the arse.

Always shut down your PS5 when playing this game (and PS4 too to be safe i guess). I have seen a few similar stories online.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
As an impatient fool I dreaded this answer :lol:

Expensive though. Never paid nearly a grand for a videogame before.
I'm going to get one too eventually. But a G29 has been serving me well for the past couple of years (used it mostly for Forza, F1 and some rally stuff), it's a massive step up from a controller. Quite nosy, can barely hear it with headphones but it will bother anyone else near.

So if you're undecided about dropping a grand I think a cheaper wheel will still provide you with loads of fun and some getting used until you're sure you want to go for the big investment.

Myself am undecided if I want to get this game as for now I can't use a wheel (no space for the foreseable year or so). Don't know if I can downgrade to controller after getting used to playing with wheel, but the comments on this game are really making me want it. Haven't played GT since 4.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Finally after a lot of anger managed to gold IB-3, and then subsequently golded all the rest of IB fairly easily.

IA-4 can now feck off.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Looks like CEX have got a copy of this in already which I was waiting for as I've got £53 credit from trading in old stuff. I assume it won't have the bonus cars with it though. Is it a big deal to miss out on them? (i.re. can you just get them in the game with credits?)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Looks like CEX have got a copy of this in already which I was waiting for as I've got £53 credit from trading in old stuff. I assume it won't have the bonus cars with it though. Is it a big deal to miss out on them? (i.re. can you just get them in the game with credits?)
i haven’t used the bonus cars once but I suppose it matters if you care about collecting them all.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

pacifictheme

I would be amazed if those cars don't turn up in the legends or used car shop at some stage. The castrol supra is such a classic. Love it.

pacifictheme

Are there in game default liveries you can apply for certain cars/ download from other users?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I wish there was a better solution to rolling starts. Deeper into the game cars at the front are 40-50 seconds ahead and it’s more of a trying to catch the leader than a race.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
You lot complaining about IA and S licenses and I'm here trying to grind national A. When I do it I usually do it by a fair amount, but it's more luck than skill

hobbers

3000 collector points for the batmobile car they reward you with for all golds in S class. Noice.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can someone please come and do S-5 for me?

I honestly don’t think I’ll get anywhere near gold even if I spend days on it.

RoadTrip

Which one is that? It’s sad that I can remember most of them with a tiny bit of a reminder since they caused me so much pain.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Is it a rally one? I read that there is a glitch where they had road tyres on instead of dirt.

hobbers

S5 is the rally one. Just do the whole course sideways at full speed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is it a rally one? I read that there is a glitch where they had road tyres on instead of dirt.
As in the car has road tyres? I didn’t even notice but it would make sense, it was so unpredictable and uncontrollable, I was 4 seconds off the pace and I’m not usually bad at rally tracks.

I’ve turned off now in a rage.

RoadTrip

As in the car has road tyres? I didn’t even notice but it would make sense, it was so unpredictable and uncontrollable, I was 4 seconds off the pace and I’m not usually bad at rally tracks.

Yeah it took me a while. But the key is just turning way way earlier than the corner. The thing that got me was the stupid jump at the end. Would crash into the barrier like 5m from the end and almost smash my TV

Watch the demonstration though - it really does help a lot.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

yeah, apparently everyone is having that bug after the latest patch, not sure if they fixed it yet.