Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
They've ruined my licenses with the update. Every rally one is now impossible.

Made me venture into the menus and online though. Won my first online race by 10 seconds without touching tuning

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Finally got a decent result from the bonus roulette. Got a 991 gt3.

Everything else has been shite.

Also the track experience at Mount Panorama is very difficult. The setup of the McLaren is dog shit as is the gearing.

I’m quick around that joint (I reckon I’ve done 1000+ laps in all my sim racing career) and I’m struggling for gold.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Is this accessible for people who like these games but don't love them?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The latter missions are hard and require near perfect driving.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Loving this thus far but only on level 24 with the cafe menus.

As a first time player I found it amusing that GT don not do voice overs for their historical snippets on cars and have gone with text-based narratives. I remember when Forza Motorsport 4 had the Top Gear team provide some lovely commentary on specific cars. This game would be sublime if it had that addition

hobbers

As a first time player I found it amusing that GT don not do voice overs for their historical snippets on cars and have gone with text-based narratives. I remember when Forza Motorsport 4 had the Top Gear team provide some lovely commentary on specific cars. This game would be sublime if it had that addition
I dunno, the voice acting in racing games has generally become cringey infantilising drivel that I'd rather not have to listen to, like with Forza Horizon.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I golded S-8 and S-9 earlier today, so just got the dreaded S-10 and the broken rally one left to do from the licences now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I golded S-8 and S-9 earlier today, so just got the dreaded S-10 and the broken rally one left to do from the licences now.
waiting for them to get fixed too for missions/licences!

they should fix random wind being applied to licences/missions too, doesn’t seem fair.

mariachi-19

This a very Japanese game thing. If you've ever played Yakuza series this will be very familar. I actually quite like it.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
This a very Japanese game thing. If you've ever played Yakuza series this will be very familar. I actually quite like it.
Very interesting, I never knew that. The only Japanese game I've played prior is the Winning Eleven and PES series.

I dunno, the voice acting in racing games has generally become cringey infantilising drivel that I'd rather not have to listen to, like with Forza Horizon.
Agreed, Forza Horizon is terrible with that.

however having someone like Chris Harris for example talk about cars does wonders for the atmosphere. If the scripting is done right and without the cringey bits.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No, Konami is a Japanese company.
I could probably have googled that before posting. Always had it in my head they’re Korean for some reason.

mariachi-19

Brought an RS focus and did a martini racing tribute livery for Mr. McRae. It’s still a work in progress but getting there.

Absolute monster. Nearly 550bhp, 300kg lighter than stock and a big wide body kit offft.

Also doing a Godzilla replica with R32 GTR.

pacifictheme

They've ruined my licenses with the update. Every rally one is now impossible.

Made me venture into the menus and online though. Won my first online race by 10 seconds without touching tuning
They are patching the rally licences.

pacifictheme

Good I can get back to my license grind then as I can't being myself to go onto the next without golding the one before.
I have done the same up to the end of international b, but I am not sure I will have the skill for the latter licences to be gold!

I think they somehow gave the rally cars road tyres, who knows how that happened!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I have done the same up to the end of international b, but I am not sure I will have the skill for the latter licences to be gold!

I think they somehow gave the rally cars road tyres, who knows how that happened!
I started late so by the time I got to the first rally one on the A license they had already patched it. Just been working through the menu books instead, but took a break for a couple of days to wait for the patch

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So what settings you guys have on? Surely racing lines and braking points is cheating.

Also what view is everyone using?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So what settings you guys have on? Surely racing lines and braking points is cheating.

In car view unless it’s a tricky mission/licence and I switch to the view where you’re at the front of the car. For drifting missions I view the whole car.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
On the first lot of license tests I keep reading "Solis" as "Solius" and now that's how I think our caf poster looks.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
In car view unless it’s a tricky mission/licence and I switch to the view where you’re at the front of the car. For drifting missions I view the whole car.
I can't settle on a view, the only one I don't like much is the behind view.

Only visual aid I'm using ATM is the corner points. Bollocks to braking zones and racing lines. Took oversteer help down to weak too.

pacifictheme

It's a single player game so who cares about other people's settings.

I use whatever view I feel like at the time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
On the white winged beast mission I had a run where I overtook the final car just after the last corner and I looked behind and crashed into them by accident. Took another 10 or so goes after that to do it as I was so annoyed at myself.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's a single player game so who cares about other people's settings.

I use whatever view I feel like at the time.
Just curious to how people are doing it. I feel as though the lines and braking points ruin my overall focus, I concentrate way too much on those and not feel. Those lines / braking points aren't perfect either I don't think?

I'll turn them on if I'm really struggling to get a guide but reckon I'll take them back off. I'm even unsure about the corner pointers now, think they're starting to distract me a bit, trying to hit them like they're checkpoints :lol:

pacifictheme

International A-3 is driving me crazy! Still about 2 seconds off the gold with no idea where I can go faster.
In settings you can put the ghost on and then set it to be 0.2 or 0.3 seconds up the road. I found this really helped me with some of the licences I have done so far.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

I really need to play it, but still not too convinced it's a great update graphics wise based on these videos. There are actually many things that look worse like shadows, reflections, etc. Road looks far better though.

arthurka

Looks million bucks on my new Sony LED. This has got me feeling the same as GT3 back in the days. Loving it.

pacifictheme

I really need to play it, but still not too convinced it's a great update graphics wise based on these videos. There are actually many things that look worse like shadows, reflections, etc. Road looks far better though.
Loads near instantly though which was always what was advertised as the big benefit to next gen. no idea what gt sport was like but this is very fast to get in and out of races.